• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, the press release states that there won't be traditional sets. Bummer

Descapp

Oct 27, 2017
Seems cool as a toy, but would've prefered regular sets. Let's hope there's a minifig collection as rumored

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think i have to text the Mrs to make sure our youngest two won't see this stuff for some time now ... but i think this could be a neat christmas present for them. ^^

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Suitable for the target market they're aiming for (post-Duplo age), but they really didn't have to go with that ugly square head design.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Not a big fan of the weird look, they basically look nothing like real Legos. Looks more like a cheap lego ripoff to be honest.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guessed it wasn't regular sets based on the teaser. This is cooler than Duplo at least, and if it does well there might be more traditional stuff in the future, who knows.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
listen is lego mario himself an unmitigated disaster, yes

will kids love him, also yes

dred

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly this is a massive disappointment to me, speaking as someone who loves Legos and has a six year old daughter who adores Mario. I was really hoping for some larger, more traditional style sets that recreated beloved areas and setpieces from the Mario universe.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
A lego set I'm interested in that may not cost $600??

My daughters would love this...jumping around and actually collecting "coins", plus all the contextual sound is cool.

May 17, 2018
I'm very pleased this isn't a bunch of pricey sets like the Disney £350 castle. My son will love building different courses with this