• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Just a vehicle would make sense.
I was going to say that Bond seems a bit of an... adult theme for LEGO sets.

Would be extra cool if they put in some Bond features into the vehicle, like an spring loaded seat or something.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
An Aston Martin would fit right in with the Lego Creator London Bus, Mini Cooper, and... VW Beetle, I guess.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I finally gave up on placing my modulars on shelves, due to the lack of shelf space. So I decided to make a permanent city display on a small room I managed to spare for Lego.

Placed over some tables, initially I have a space of 1.75 x 1.70 meters, which I may expand in the future to 1.75 x 2.55. That is not that much considering that I may place some trains around it.

However my main decision now should be how I make the roads on the display. Initially I decided to use Lego road baseplates (48x48 studs, so 0.25x0.25 meters). They have the advantage to make the whole display 48x48 studs standard so it will be easier to make changes or stored/transport them if needed. However, they took TOO many space on the display, limiting the amount of buildings I can have.

The other option would be to make tile based roads, but their disadvantages are the number (and cost) of pieces plus I loose the modular aspect.

To the ones that make city displays here, how do you manage this issue?

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
My Bricklink order arrived. Got all this for ~$200 less than what it would retail for (shipped). No boxes, but I don't really care!

xhoOyJb.jpg

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks! Interesting techniques.

But then I will have to rise all modulate to align them to the roads. I may do it in the future but I think I will start simpler with a few road baseplates I already have and see the results. In the future I may Brick build the riads.

Nov 23, 2017
I visited my local store today and they put me to work building on the coaster display. They had a table set up in the middle of the store. The employees would take turns building and offered customers to build on it too. It's an awesome build for being a non-technic set. Now I'm just trying to convince my friend to buy it, even though he just bought the Bugatti.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to Lego ERA only peeps. My life has been pretty screwy the last couple months and checking in with Lego Discord once in awhile on the shitter has been the only reliable thing for me. I have been assembling things though to try and keep my mind off things so will just do a pic dump of what ive been up to. Starting with the glorious Coaster which is unfortunately not finished, got half of it done.
lRX00Af.jpg

up close pics of an idea on how the gears and pulley system is going to work
IyHgKA6.jpg

and obligatory my cat is going to eat the whole damn thing
2lBIEPY.jpg

This is truly something special and fun. It also comes with two instruction books one for each half of the coaster so this is really the perfect set to put together with kids or family or whoever.

Next is the new City Hospital set.
lWJjREe.jpg

912wZ40.jpg

5orDH4s.jpg

As a playset its ok I guess. Very hard to reach in and use any of the features and just no room for figs inside it. The ambulance is great as a vehicle. I'm no ta fan of these City building sets, for one the price to piece ratio is usually awful on these. I got this though because its been awhile since we got a proper hospital and who knows when the next one will be. Also since I don't care about the play features and this actually looks like a good hospital from the outside I got it mainly for my modular city setup. And heres a pic of what it looks like next to modulars.
37y9ACn.jpg

Yea me likey. Also the figs included are just great. You get all kinds of paramedics, multiple types of doctors, a couple stretchers, unfortunately only one hand cast and one head cast. Also one new baby Lego fig with a stroller build and one wheelchair. So all around pretty good deal. I recommend it.

Lastly I leave you all with Arctic Doggo
u6RTWpw.jpg

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have been clean for months now...but today I caved. I bought the Saturn V and the Women of Nasa set. I got 15% off though.. that makes it alright, right?

Z7Ml9bel.jpg

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I have been clean for months now...but today I caved. I bought the Saturn V and the Women of Nasa set. I got 15% off though.. that makes it alright, right?

Good. Welcome back. There is no need to go clean.

(Saturn V is one of the best sets I've ever built btw, and the Women of Nasa are a great companion to it)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

Z7Ml9bel.jpg
15% off is great for one of my favorite ever LEGO sets. Saturn V is such a cool build and looks amazing when assembled.
Just make sure you have room to display it, haha.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Double VIP points next week and a full week off work week of July 4... might finally be Assembly Square time

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
There are only two sets with city trams, right?

60097 City Square from 2015 and
8404 Public Transport Station from 2010.

Which option should be better to add power functions?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Built the Architecture Guggenheim Museum yesterday, fun but the wall of single squares was a bit annoying. Might have to go back and realign some of them.

Anyway, if the Aston Martin is coming I wonder if there's a possible Lego Bond game in the offing as well?

_Pow_

Oct 30, 2017
they should have one that's just a baseplate and say it's Harry wearing the invisibility jacket

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know why but I'm not feeling them. The figures look they were hastily put together for the photo shoot. Hopefully they look a better when sites like brickset get the figures and take proper pictures of each one.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
They look great and I'll grab some blindly, but no way I'm going to feel all 22 out. I still have nightmares of my quest to get all Disney CMF's

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
They look great and I'll grab some blindly, but no way I'm going to feel all 22 out. I still have nightmares of my quest to get all Disney CMF's

This was the only line I was EVER interested in. But apparently it was a huge hit because I could never find them near me. And there was no way I was going to pay eBay prices for a set of them.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
This was the only line I was EVER interested in. But apparently it was a huge hit because I could never find them near me. And there was no way I was going to pay eBay prices for a set of them.
I just got lucky. When I had time to go to the toy store after the release, they were all gone and no new shipments were planned (they couldn't order a second batch). I had given up, but then another store put up 4 boxes or so two weeks later. I spent over an hour and a half feeling them out, paying, opening, checking which I missed (and how much doubles I had), going back in, ... Only Donald was escaping my grasp in the end, so that's the only one I bought online.

(And then Donals was the only non-exclusive fig in Disney Castle of course, so now I have him twice :P )

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT?

I just got lucky. When I had time to go to the toy store after the release, they were all gone and no new shipments were planned (they couldn't order a second batch). I had given up, but then another store put up 4 boxes or so two weeks later. I spent over an hour and a half feeling them out, paying, opening, checking which I missed (and how much doubles I had), going back in, ... Only Donald was escaping my grasp in the end, so that's the only one I bought online.

(And then Donals was the only non-exclusive fig in Disney Castle of course, so now I have him twice :P )

I would have loved to have the full set displayed in front of my castle! But it is what it is. Happy you scored your set though!

Also, when does 2x VIP start? Gonna splurge on the Chiron.

Oct 28, 2017
Hot damn that Voltron. Affordable too. And man, the techniques used there to combine can only help spur some more MOC Megazords/Devastators.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Voltron, I want original Optimus Prime and Megatron with that quality seen in Voltron lol.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
$180 is a really good price for that. There's some pretty cheap-ass looking Voltron toys that would cost ~$100 to complete. This looks like a solid build that stand ~18" tall when all said and done.

Oct 26, 2017
I've been keeping an eye on the Tesco Direct clearance, and wondering how much of (the expensive parts of) a Green Grocer is in the Ocean Monument.

If you get two and use standard 1x2s instead of the ones with a groove, you are pretty far along. You'll need to substitute 1x6 + 1x2 for the 1x8 the set would actually need too and replace a ton of other parts like the viking printed tiles and the train windows. Awnings and curtains are also out of the question.

I would go for another colour rather than replace the groove bricks though. You could use sand green brickwork texture bricks too, but they give it another look.