• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
Put together ship in a bottle last night. The g/f even likes having it in on display. Something about those clear pieces though; is it just me, or do they seem sharper and harder to get apart?

I don't believe it's you imagination. Clear parts are not ABS like the non-clear bricks. Don't recall if it's acrylic or something else, but there is more friction when two clear parts are together.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On one hand I feel I should get the ship in the bottle because it looks cool and the Lego designer is a fellow countryman. On the other hand, like others, I'm not a huge fan of the narcissism of his initials in an Ideas set and the green and red portuguese flag, which is both historically inaccurate, and incongruent with the nordic ship theme. Of course both can be fixed but eh. I'll have that excuse.

Getting Parisian Restaurant and Go Brick Me this week in the mail I hope. PR is my first big non-Technic set. Hoping it puts my fever to sleep for a while. Thankfully I don't even have room for a modular town if I wanted.

Captain Goodnight

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So keep my 10134 Y-Wing (not yet built....bought used off eBay for a shameful price) or sell for the new Y-Wing?

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
So keep my 10134 Y-Wing (not yet built....bought used off eBay for a shameful price) or sell for the new Y-Wing?

Completely up to you and your finances. Some people like to have the different versions. UCS is tough to beat and will have a more premium aftermarket price after it's discontinued IMO. Remakes for popular retail Star Wars vehicles happens a lot more frquently than UCS versions.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone able to pick a classic Police man?

Cant find one anywhere in Lisbon...seen around 9/10 boxes to say the least amd nothing...pissed beyond words

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to pick a classic Police man?

Cant find one anywhere in Lisbon...seen around 9/10 boxes to say the least amd nothing...pissed beyond words

It's usually the first thing collectors grab. Odds are if you see a box on display anywhere it's already been picked clean.

You're going to have to get lucky with a fresh box. I found mine in the top left of the box like has been reported so when you have the chance it should be quick to find.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man the Minifigure Factory is a fun little build! What a freebie compared to the easter one :D

Oh yeah the Parisian Restaurant and Go Brick Me sets came with it too, but pshhhhh, big whoop :P

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
I never expected the CMF policeman to blow up like that. I excpected interest from older AFOLs that had them as kids and some hard core collectors. I have some interest in getting one, but it won't bother me if I don't get one.

Just a thought, LEGO may have printed more classic policeman torsos than they actually put into CMF sets. Hopefully it makes it to Build-A-Minifigure and floods the market so it's easily available to all that want a classic policeman. We've see many CMF parts make it to BAM.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I never expected the CMF policeman to blow up like that. I excpected interest from older AFOLs that had them as kids and some hard core collectors. I have some interest in getting one, but it won't bother me if I don't get one.

Just a thought, LEGO may have printed more classic policeman torsos than they actually put into CMF sets. Hopefully it makes it to Build-A-Minifigure and floods the market so it's easily available to all that want a classic policeman. We've see many CMF parts make it to BAM.
Only reason the policeman is blowing up is the rarity of it.

KasumiYukari

Oct 28, 2017
These Speed Champion sets are kinda nice, built the Mustang one and now I want a couple more. I really would have loved these as a kid though.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man as someone who just gets Lego Star Wars sets, im interested in jumping on the modular train. Assembly Square looks mighty tempting.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe it's you imagination. Clear parts are not ABS like the non-clear bricks. Don't recall if it's acrylic or something else, but there is more friction when two clear parts are together.

Polycarbonate I think - like mode kit aircraft cockpits - they're also noticeably different in feel when you're trying to trim with a knife compared to the normal parts. Hard and brittle

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the policeman hunters are definitely out there. I live in a little town in the middle of nowhere and when the new minifigs show up they usually sit on the shelf for ages. I'm generally able to take my time, pick through the boxes and get one of each series with no problem whatsoever.....but I've seen 3 boxes of this series so far (all still almost entirely full) and to my building surprise and frustration I've gone through them all and all 3 of them have had all the policemen removed. So weird, you would think he was Mr. Gold level rare.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped myself at 2, but the temptation for more is always there. I'll probably give in sometime this summer.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll stick with the Parisian Restaurant only for a long time I think. Been spending way too much and have to cut back. Not to mention the lack of room.

-20% in all Lego in a local store this weekend, nabbed only a couple of Speed Champions and a baseplate.

BTW, interestingly enough, even though I got back into Lego thanks to Technic, I'm kinda pivoting over to bricks. It's cool to have a bunch of Technic parts to get inventive but I really satiated the craving for sets. Don't know if it's the aesthetics that get tiring or just the building complexity but yeah.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Uh, you say it like it's a bad thing!

Hamsandwich: get Parisian Restaurant first. It's the best of the bunch, and will probably retire soon
It is if it means you then need to start choosing which ones you can buy, rather than just buying the ones you want because you only want one line lol.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just built han solos landspeeder. I think its a great set. Its a bit small for $30 but the level of detail is great. Lots of greebling and stuff under the hood. A bunch of interesting snot techniques as well. Looks good just by itself too if you don't care about the han solo movie (like me)

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
This is a cool 60th anniversary tribute. Backgrounds for each part is only part I think could be improved.

40556234075_6da517a3f3_c.jpg

60 Years of awesomeness by Pangeran Panda, on Flickr

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
LOL MMmmmm....bacon.

LOL. The pig eventually becoming hot dogs is my favorite part. And that it is aliens running it.

However, when I paused the video I noticed some more dark comedy:
Kcb8wz2.jpg

There is a skunk on the pig belt, and a baby on the chicken one.

EDIT: There is a human skeleton on the sausage conveyer at one point. On the bottom conveyer a baby again, and a whole chicken.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Man as someone who just gets Lego Star Wars sets, im interested in jumping on the modular train. Assembly Square looks mighty tempting.

Getting a new modular every year is like buying a new console every year.

Starting to feel like Brick bank is one of the nicest, maybe the nicest modular, it has two street frontages, whereas most have one. Its got a lot of detail inside.

Assembly square is probably the nicest but it has 50% more pieces than most other modulars.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
I got the stripped down Mos Eisley Cantina set this weekend. It's a little better than I expected, and nice to display in a small space, but it really still begs a UCS cantina with all the bells and whistles.

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
I got the stripped down Mos Eisley Cantina set this weekend. It's a little better than I expected, and nice to display in a small space, but it really still begs a UCS cantina with all the bells and whistles.

im really considering being an asshole and buying 2 of them and selling the minifigs from one so i can have a larger cantina. i dont think i want to pay 100$+ for the previous version

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
im really considering being an asshole and buying 2 of them and selling the minifigs from one so i can have a larger cantina. i dont think i want to pay 100$+ for the previous version

You could really come up with something nice if you buy two or three of these sets and mix them together. Heck, it's modular enough that you could buy several and connect them all the way around with the included hinges. Throw in a land speeder and you've got a nice MOC cooking.

Oct 26, 2017

Supercrap

Oct 28, 2017
Oakland Bay Area
You could really come up with something nice if you buy two or three of these sets and mix them together. Heck, it's modular enough that you could buy several and connect them all the way around with the included hinges. Throw in a land speeder and you've got a nice MOC cooking.

Haha yeah. Add the new sandspeeder n the current lukes speeder and it starts getting pretty good. I'll probably do it haha.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, really random question for everyone :

When you buy sets from LEGO, they've been sending the colored 2x2 block stickers that say "Collect them all!". Blue/red/yellow/green.

Has anyone gotten a color OTHER than green? I currently have about 7 of them, haha.