• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Holy shit. Seems like I start absolutely perfect into the train section of Lego.
Look what's f'n coming in June/July:

Xxlatjr.jpg

Lego 10277 - 18+ Crocodile Locomotive with 1271 parts! Day f'n one!

Holy shit I literally was going to post about how "I think Lego should do some 18+ train sets," and here one is.

Not what I'd buy but I really hope this leads to a Flying Scotman or Hogwarts Express at this level.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
zByf6qC.jpg

Finished Monkey King Mech this morning, it's a bit fragile in some spots but luckily it will just be a display next to all my other mechs

Yrch

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit. Seems like I start absolutely perfect into the train section of Lego.
Look what's f'n coming in June/July:

Xxlatjr.jpg

Lego 10277 - 18+ Crocodile Locomotive with 1271 parts! Day f'n one!

Beautiful.
I had the Lego City version from the 90s and loved it.
This will look great in my living room.

Lego is really killing it so far with some of their larger sets this year

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I literally was going to post about how "I think Lego should do some 18+ train sets," and here one is.

Not what I'd buy but I really hope this leads to a Flying Scotman or Hogwarts Express at this level.

With this and the Haunted House, is this a conscious change to box branding for high-end sets, or something? I get how the Haunted House would be thematic (even though it's formally part of the theme park collection), but this seems *very* similar.

Plum

May 31, 2018
With this and the Haunted House, is this a conscious change to box branding for high-end sets, or something? I get how the Haunted House would be thematic (even though it's formally part of the theme park collection), but this seems *very* similar.

They're replacing 'Creator Expert' and other similar high-end lines (e.g. UCS) with 18+ instead. Seems to be for sets that are more collectibles than toys.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
for parts do you all have a preference to bricklink or brick owl?

trying to order some parts and brick owl found 1 store for 93 parts, the problem is the store wants 226 bucks for those 93 parts. which is absurd imo. is there a way to tell brick link to ignore a specific store?

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Mo3eW7J.jpg
Last weekend's build was small, but it's a good looking food truck.

I managed to get the ice cream truck for cheap, too, so that's another build planned, and maybe I'll get the Monster burger truck if I see it on sale.

Next Saturday, though, I'm treating myself to the Guardians of the Galaxy's Benatar.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
popping in to see what people thought of the croc

if the price is right I just might have to bite, even though I haven't bought a LEGO set in like 4 years

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Alright I'll post it. It's the LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 (42115). Releases June 1st. 3696 pcs.

I'm feeling indifferent to the Shrek green color. I don't love it but I don't hate it enough to not buy this. The Bugatti Chiron was my favorite build ever, and I am so getting this Lambo.

qrrSLbj.jpg

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
FFS just when I was done with my lego need-to-buy backlog, they come out with a haunted mansion.

Can we just shut down Lego completely for a year, until I'm done paying for my wedding?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Finally built detective's office. It's been in my closet for ages because i just scooped it up when it was on clearance and then sat on it. It was great. Might be my favorite modular of the ones I've built

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

I am curious if a website exists or if it needs to get made, but what I'm hoping for is a site that you can put in which sets you have already, and then filter a bunch of fan made instructions for unnoficial things you have the right pieces to build.

Is there anything like this out there?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

I am curious if a website exists or if it needs to get made, but what I'm hoping for is a site that you can put in which sets you have already, and then filter a bunch of fan made instructions for unnoficial things you have the right pieces to build.

been a long time, but yes I remember a site like this. Would build up an inventory of the pieces available and then show you what was missing to make other sets. Don't know if it supported fan sets though - it'd need to know the parts needed.

try http://www.peeron.com/inv/My_Parts

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

That sounds reeeally interesting tbh.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Hey folks,

I think that sounds like rebrickable,but i dont use the site and cant vouch for if it works well/has good stuff posted

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks,

You can use Bricklink to explode the sets you have on part lists. Load any fan made project (from Rebrickable or Bricklink itself) into another wishlist and compare both.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions, folks, gotta stretch these legos through quarantine as best we can around here :)

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
Finally built detective's office. It's been in my closet for ages because i just scooped it up when it was on clearance and then sat on it. It was great. Might be my favorite modular of the ones I've built

I went up to my attic of shame and found Detective's Office and Downtown Diner which I totally forgot I had. I'm only behind on the last 3.

I've been selling a ton of sets locally and on eBay during this crisis.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Was the removal of all police and white house sets true?

No. The emails were about how they didn't want affiliates to advertise those:
toybook.com

LEGO Pulls Back Police Playset Affiliate Marketing Amid George Floyd Protests (Updated) • The Toy Book

Originally published on June 2, 2020. Updated with clarification statement from LEGO June 3, 3:45 p.m. Last updated June 4, 12:13 p.m. The tragic death of George Floyd while being restrained by police in Minneapolis sparked major protests all over the country, and today we’re seeing the first...

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
LEGO could do more.
im confused as to race in lego, like everyone is yellow, until they have a few random black people.

anyway my downtown diner shipped, ordered in april.
Ordered stranger things set before that and it said it would ship before may 11th and still haven't gotten it.
Im not upset though and frankly i can't even get excited about lego right now with everything else going on.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
im confused as to race in lego, like everyone is yellow, until they have a few random black people.

Isn't that a difference between regular and licensed sets though? Like City, Creator, etc will all be yellow, but for a licensed set like Star Wars or Marvel where you have characters like Lando and Nick Fury then they'll be black. But if you look at the other characters, they aren't yellow either. Is there a case I'm not thinking about that violates this distinction?

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
LEGO could do more.

anyway my downtown diner shipped, ordered in april.
Ordered stranger things set before that and it said it would ship before may 11th and still haven't gotten it.
Im not upset though and frankly i can't even get excited about lego right now with everything else going on.
I think human skin colors only happen in licensed sets.

Which makes me realize i used to want to plan a moc of some kind based on the Malazan books. Wonder if any of the brown minifigures i own will make a good kalam or quick ben...

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Spoke too soon, they just shipped the upside down too. My wife gonna give me some serious side eye. I was hoping they would send them one per month as they could. Not all at once.

Isn't that a difference between regular and licensed sets though? Like City, Creator, etc will all be yellow, but for a licensed set like Star Wars or Marvel where you have characters like Lando and Nick Fury then they'll be black. But if you look at the other characters, they aren't yellow either. Is there a case I'm not thinking about that violates this distinction?
I think human skin colors only happen in licensed sets.

Which makes me realize i used to want to plan a moc of some kind based on the Malazan books. Wonder if any of the brown minifigures i own will make a good kalam or quick ben...
But that's a problem.. Representation matters.

Also lego friends has different skin tones.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

It did feel weird during all those years where nick fury was the only black lego guy in my city. Lego licensed themes do inherit hollywood's representation problems.
And i had forgotten that friends characters were more derailed.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017

I'm just saying there's not much to be confused about or that it's at all random. There are pretty distinct categories which determines the type of mini figs you get.

Core sets are yellow, licensed are not. The Friends line is kind of it's own unique thing and in a way falls more in line with a license. Even their mini fig is completely different than other mini figs.

I can see the side that feels the traditional mini figs are yellow and are not meant to be representative of someone who is white. But I can also see how some might feel that despite them being yellow that they really are just white. I bet one of the reason the Friends line looks different is so they could break free and do their own thing to include more diversity. I would have no issue if moving forward they adopted to changing it even though there would be a bit of nostalgia with the loss of the traditional yellow figs. But again, there's nothing random about how it's determined.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
From the horse's mouth:
We want to inspire the builders of tomorrow – that means kids from all around the world! We want every one of our fans, wherever they live and whatever their own skin color, to imagine themselves as part of the action. When we invented minifigures over 40 years ago, we chose yellow because it's a neutral "skin color" – nobody in real life has bright yellow skin, so LEGO® minifigures don't represent a specific race or ethnic background and nobody is left out.

While we've made some minifigures that aren't yellow, they're usually based on characters we didn't create. We try to make them look just like those characters so kids can play out the story at home.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm just saying there's not much to be confused about or that it's at all random. There are pretty distinct categories which determines the type of mini figs you get.

Core sets are yellow, licensed are not. The Friends line is kind of it's own unique thing and in a way falls more in line with a license. Even their mini fig is completely different than other mini figs.

I can see the side that feels the traditional mini figs are yellow and are not meant to be representative of someone who is white. But I can also see how some might feel that despite them being yellow that they really are just white. I bet one of the reason the Friends line looks different is so they could break free and do their own thing to include more diversity. I would have no issue if moving forward they adopted to changing it even though there would be a bit of nostalgia with the loss of the traditional yellow figs. But again, there's nothing random about how it's determined.
"thats the way we've always done it" isn't a very good excuse.

Why can't you have sets with different colors of people? I still have yet to hear a good reason. They also gave all the black people on Lego Masters black minifigures with different tones of black.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
"thats the way we've always done it" isn't a very good excuse.

Why can't you have sets with different colors of people? I still have yet to hear a good reason.

I didn't say it was an excuse; I said there's nothing confusing or random about how it's determined currently.

I think the core issue is whether people see yellow as yellow and that there's no race representation at all or yellow as white. I can see the argument on both ends,. But again, if there was a change to remove yellow as a means to change representation, I'd have no issue with it at all.

To be clear, I am not arguing that they shouldn't do it.

Last edited:

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Woah, new Star Wars sets are on point! There feels like quite a few redesigns but I am with them.

knights-of-ren-transport-ship.jpg

Knights of Ren Transport
595 piece

general-grievous-s-starfighter.jpg

Grevious Ship
487 piece

at-at-box-back.jpg

New AT-AT w/speeder bike compartment
1276 pieces

death-star-final-duel-box-back.jpg

New Emperor Throne Room
775 piece

resistance-i-ts-transport-lego.jpg

Resistance I-TS Transport
932 piece

the-razor-crest-box-back-1.jpg

Mandalorian Ship
1023 piece

Like I don't know how I can afford this with space and money! They have smaller sets too at the link. They also include codes to unlock the content in the upcoming video game.

More at StarWars.com

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
Luckily for my wallet, I don't particularly like any of the new sets, except for the Razor Crest (AT-AT is nice, but I've got TLJ one, so I don't need it, or should I say I don't want it for that price).

Phew.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
The price on some of these sets, omg.

I've had the Razor Crest on preorder since the easter 2x promo, but the resistance transport looks good too. It's set at 140$ CAD, though, so I'll definitely wait for a sale on that one.

Other than that, Anakin's interceptor is tempting.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Ah, I had no idea it was announced that far back, I thought it was announced just yesterday. Man, I'm blown away by that set - and with the designers saying this is the first in a line... I swoon. I want something classic steam train asap - a follow-up to the Emerald Night.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Palpatine on the crane with an alternate restored version is such an obvious lego set.

But for some reason, absolutely all side material, should it be figures or artbooks, ignore him. It's like he doesn't exist outside of the movie.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the crocodile locomotive, but if the price is right...

The good news is that they'll be making more of these, so there's bound to be one I really like.

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to tell when a polybag set is available locally? Talking specifically about this one:

brickset.com

LEGO 30370 Ocean Diver

A City set released in 2020.

I'm in the states, looks like it's mostly only in Europe right now judging from listings on bricklink.