• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this Chemical Plant in the ideas projects is a great MOC!

uJ4mt1D.png

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/95fff097-fcaf-4aa4-a8e8-6efebce91ed1
For some reason my brain went to Sonic's Chemical Plant Zone. I wonder how well one could work out vignettes of classic Sonic levels...? I feel like all the slopes could be problematic to making it look good... Though as a bonus, there's the official Sonic from Dimensions to put in it (really sad we couldn't get like, a Tails and Eggman or something at least to go with him.)

Though my real dream project for game's stuff would probably be to go for a boring yet awesome choice and try to make Peach's Castle from 64...

Edit: Ooh, or maybe Isle Delfino. I have issues with the game itself in retrospect, but that was an amazing hub.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
ugh. the rest of the harbor village sets are never gonna be ideas sets. gonna have to start reverse-engineering those beauties.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
...following up on my last post, I was thinking about what else game stuff I'd like to make some day, and a Pokemon center came to mind. And googling, well...

pokemon-pet-elf-center-pikachu-building-block-decool-lego-compatible-santamart-1612-16-santamart@46.jpg

Oof. (Hopefully that doesn't count as promoting knockoff junk, because I'm solely putting it out there for mockery.) A MOC would have the issue where it WOULD lack the characters, pokeballs, Pokemon, etc, though, which'd feel wrong. So guess that'd need to be shelved in terms of potential projects...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, they go so far as to call it bokomon and translate it as a "pet elf" center but keep the names for eevee, charmander, etc.?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Still debating if I should wait for the Ship In a Bottle set before doing the $125 order for the anniversary giveaway.

To those giveaways sell out fast enough for me to go with sets that are currently available, or should I be safe to wait the few extra days for the Ship In a Bottle set to release?
That is indeed by one of our members! Awesome!
Thought I recognized that!

I voted for it on IDEAS, seems like a really hilarious concept. Might like to see some additional unique details on the building face, but otherwise its cool as hell, haha.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
...following up on my last post, I was thinking about what else game stuff I'd like to make some day, and a Pokemon center came to mind. And googling, well...

pokemon-pet-elf-center-pikachu-building-block-decool-lego-compatible-santamart-1612-16-santamart@46.jpg

Oof. (Hopefully that doesn't count as promoting knockoff junk, because I'm solely putting it out there for mockery.) A MOC would have the issue where it WOULD lack the characters, pokeballs, Pokemon, etc, though, which'd feel wrong. So guess that'd need to be shelved in terms of potential projects...

Is that for sale? I legit want that now.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No love for Ideas projects from previous round. Although quite a long talk in the video about the rule of not doing the Ideas based on something in the official pipeline and the silence that accompanies that. I doubt LEGO though of a Peru book :D so my bet would be the SW scene as part of bigger Cloud City set ;) or the Space Shuttle having a comeback (success of that Idea was doomed from start)
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/ee91ef13-2712-4f0b-82bc-da5a2f9e634d

5098916-Second_2017_Review_Results-vhMrsive38SzKg-thumbnail-full.png

Would have liked the shuttle, tower, or to a lesser extent the research aircraft. Not surprised none of them made it though.

At least there is a good possibility of another shuttle at some point.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
thinking of going to the lego store friday and picking up the ghostbuster firehouse for a fun weekend build my question to you all is how do you like the set im a huge fan of the movie so this is like a dream set.

Oct 26, 2017
thinking of going to the lego store friday and picking up the ghostbuster firehouse for a fun weekend build my question to you all is how do you like the set im a huge fan of the movie so this is like a dream set.

If you like the movies, it's really cool. Especially if you can have it displayed open, there's so many recognizable details.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
I like it a lot, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the movie.

In fact, I like it enough to consider buying a second one to make it slightly longer (64x32 instead of 48x32) so that it's more in line with the movie, and the Ecto-1 will fit.

I'm more and more sure I'll do it (I would have bought the second if they weren't OoS during BF when I tried to order it), but that's nearing UCS Falcon prices -_-'

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017

Brick-built pokemon bokomon instead of unique molds? Boo.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
We'll, decided to actually check my sole box of Legos I have with me at college, and turns out I have tfa falcon, awingvs tie advanced, ghost and phantom, as well as the obiwan and grevious constructaction sets. So I think it may be time for some mocs Star Wars and otherwise(might be able to have some fun with those joints), first piano practice though

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
Got Ninjago City with VIP Points... It feels strange, and don't want to think how I got so many points -_-' I guess I'll need the docks too

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well, not too fancy, but built a z95 headhunter. And you also see why I don't keep my main collection with me, I spent the better part of 3 hours finding the right pieces XD. And it's enough for today

HhXfPdI.jpg

a4XLDtV.jpg

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well, not too fancy, but built a z95 headhunter. And you also see why I don't keep my main collection with me, I spent the better part of 3 hours finding the right pieces XD. And it's enough for today

HhXfPdI.jpg
Always interesting to see just how far LEGO has come in terms of overall aesthetic and building technique.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Oh this is a custom build, should have clarified, XD, although I did have the original xwing back in the days Andy most of the pieces are still in my collection.

It's partly due to the box I stored it in during the long move
Ha, even though. The original x-wing was rough (by today's standard).

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed 2 batgirl brickheadz for $2.50 this morning. Cashier said someone had a cart full of them before me. Wanted extras to use for mocs.

PalaceBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Both family life and work have been exceptionally busy the last little while so I haven't had a chance to check in with the thread in 2018.

Happy New Year y'all.

I continue to scale back on my LEGO purchases, mostly because I want to stop "buying just to be sure I don't miss out". That said, the Winter Village Train Station was an awesome addition to the holiday setup. My girls got me BB8 for Christmas and I was thrilled with the end result. As Ghost so eloquently said, the build was very smart given the limitations of the medium.

My youngest got more Elves sets at Christmas and as many of you know (Sigfried perhaps? One user definitely has several) the dragons are great. Our Disney Castle spent a few weeks on the dining room table under siege from Elves dragons. For as many small pieces that the castle has, it holds up so well during play sessions.

I managed to snag the Rogue One Y-Wing @ 50% off a few weeks ago, and that coupled with a bunch of small SW & Marvel sets has kept me busy. After swearing off new DC sets, TLG has of course enticed me by introducing Wonder Dog, Zan & Jayna etc. Arg. It never ends. Thank god I didn't get sucked into Brickheadz.

The look of the new Sanctum Sanctorum is incredible. Seems to be a bit wider & taller than the Daily Bugle which is a good size. In the same theme I'm impressed with TLG's ability to continually make the Milano shittier with every release. Next year's Milano may be an angled 2 x 4 plate with an exclusive Groot.

Meaningless hot takes since I haven't posted in a bit:
  • I adore the new branding for the Creator parts sets. The focus on "play" is wonderful
  • That Black Panther Talon Fighter ship is hot garbage. It was an uninspired build that felt like a total waste of time
  • Old Man Luke fig in the Ahch To set is excellent. The face print & hair piece is a delight - super accurate
  • The SW Calendar Dec 24 fig was very disappointing. I really hope TLG returns to form next year.
  • The 2017 Nutcracker bonus set was well designed. I have a daughter who performs in several Nutcracker shows during the Christmas season and this set was very exciting for her

So what you are saying is King's Mech is still best mech?

Best mech is OG Lex mech

This year's bridge battle. And like that set I'll get 2 or 3.

Yep, the SS is 100% this year's bridge battle. Looks fantastic.

Have you managed to secure any ridiculous Craigslist finds in the last couple of months?

What was the last mech that sucked?

...crickets...

That Batman mech...in the Gorilla Grodd set perhaps? I will grant you it was also the *only* mech that sucked. King's Mech 4 lyfe.

It's always cool to see Transformers built with LEGO especially when they can transform.

It's posts like this that make me wish my family took more pictures in 1985, '86 and '87. I spent a ridiculous amount of time creating LEGO transformers that can actually transform. I can guarantee that they weren't anywhere near the detail of the one you posted, of course.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I dunno, PalaceBrother . OG Lex Mech is killer, but feeling King's Mech edges it out just a bit. But the figures in the Lex Mech combined with the price still make it one of the best deals ever.

And yeah, the Batman mech in the Grodd set was okay at best. It didn't suck, but it wasn't amazing either.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Was it just Batgirl and Batman at $2.50? (That's what the Walmart website says they are in store)

was both pirates, batgirl, black widow, beast, belle for $2.50
everyone else for $5 each, I'm gonna wait for those to drop to $2.50

the death star II is such a tedious build, especially when you have other sets in a tote you have to dig through, but for $20 I will stop complaining :3

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Gotcha.
I already have Beast, Belle, and Jack Sparrow, and don't really want the other PotC dude or the LEGO Batman figures.

Oct 27, 2017
Illinois
Finished the Saturn V rocket in about 7 hours. It was a tough one!

Its ginormous and very coo.l

Lego forgot to put the splashdown capsule in the last bag for the last thing to finish off the whole model. WTF LEGO

I put in a spare part request. Here's hoping

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
My youngest got more Elves sets at Christmas and as many of you know (Sigfried perhaps? One user definitely has several) the dragons are great. Our Disney Castle spent a few weeks on the dining room table under siege from Elves dragons. For as many small pieces that the castle has, it holds up so well during play sessions.

I believe this is me. My daughters have like 10 Elves sets. My youngest is eyeing those new sets, may get a few for her birthday.

You guys are making me want to grab a King's Mech. This needs to happen. I did grab the Rock Climber during the WalMart clearance for under $30, which is a great set. How can you beat the menace of Lord Krakenskull and the Krakenbeast?

023.jpg

Saw a guy on Eurobricks do a MOC of this guy into Chaos Warriors, which is a neat idea. It's a cool helmet.

7bQ62N3l.jpg

Grassclipper

Oct 26, 2017

Not bad. One thing about getting back into Lego that sucks is to see al the cool things I missed during my dark ages. There are a lot of previous CMF-series mini figs that I wished I picked up for example. This series while having individually really cool figs doesn't have anyone that really stands out since they are all costumes. We guess the police is kind of cool in one way though. But that is more as a whole, one by one they're pretty dope. These plus the new DC Justice League Anniversary Party seem like they could go well together.