• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Hmmm so yeah the remote works great as is with the X-mas Train. I still can't quite figure out why my locomotive isn't sitting perfectly straight on the tracks but keeps "wobbling" around or bobbing from left to right a little when running. Could it be that there isn't enough weight pushing down on the back wheels? My son played around with it a while back and i put it together halfheartedly with maybe a few pieces missing back then hmmm..

Edit: figured it out, i used the tan technic pins that came with the train instead of the whole black axels that came with power functions, those made the difference!

Last edited:

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's that time of year again!

kubxiLx.jpg

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm so yeah the remote works great as is with the X-mas Train. I still can't quite figure out why my locomotive isn't sitting perfectly straight on the tracks but keeps "wobbling" around or bobbing from left to right a little when running. Could it be that there isn't enough weight pushing down on the back wheels? My son played around with it a while back and i put it together halfheartedly with maybe a few pieces missing back then hmmm..

Edit: figured it out, i used the tan technic pins that came with the train instead of the whole black axels that came with power functions, those made the difference!

I assume you added power to the set I posted above? I was thinking of doing the same - which extras did you buy?

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
Yeah Don has got you covered there already... Just make sure you actually add the 2 black technic Axles that come with the power functions and do NOT use the standard tan pins to fix the wheels on the locomotive, as that kind of messed mine up.

Nov 1, 2017
Has that winter village train station not been released over all of Europe yet or something? I was thinking I'd get into LEGO as a Christmas decoration thing but I can only seem to find that train here and I'm not a fan of it and all other sets are discontinued.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Has that winter village train station not been released over all of Europe yet or something? I was thinking I'd get into LEGO as a Christmas decoration thing but I can only seem to find that train here and I'm not a fan of it and all other sets are discontinued.
I think it is only available trough Lego itself at the moment (official Lego Stores and their online shop). After a while those "direct to customers" sets become available in selected 'regular' shops.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so for the first time I added a floor to a modular. I got Detective's Office again because it's fun to get modulars cheaper and there's a big bunch of cool parts, but there is really lots of stuff I can't use, like most of the middle floor. So I built that and added it. I stripped out the interior so I'll build something new for that.

I could have gotten Brick Bank or Assembly Square, but honestly I think this has more useful parts.

KasumiYukari

Oct 28, 2017
Man some of these old space sets were kinda barren. Found the Space Police Lock Up Isolation Base on Craigslist for a decent deal annnnd...just not much to it.Shame because the colors are nice but it needs so much more.

PalaceBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone here have the Christmas Train running with power functions + IR remote control? If so, the question is: Can you actually adjust the SPEED on that thing with the remote or is it just ONE speed if you press forward for instance? I have tried it without the remote and when you switch it on it's just WAY too fast, i had trouble catching it mid run to even get it to stop LOL ...

I've got my Winter Train running with power functions. The IR remote that has the two dials does allow for speed increases & decreases. It fits perfectly around my Winter Village.

Yes, exactly, it feels like the train is constantly "floating" above the tracks unless i press it down really hard, OR unless i take away said pieces.

I had this problem as well - the engine almost doesn't have enough weight to maintain traction. My kids went through a "rainbow loom" phase so I just took a clear elastic and put it around each of the wheels. That minor modification made all the difference in the world so now there is full traction with no spinning wheels.

WinniethePimp

Oct 26, 2017
EU
I've got my Winter Train running with power functions. The IR remote that has the two dials does allow for speed increases & decreases. It fits perfectly around my Winter Village.

I had this problem as well - the engine almost doesn't have enough weight to maintain traction. My kids went through a "rainbow loom" phase so I just took a clear elastic and put it around each of the wheels. That minor modification made all the difference in the world so now there is full traction with no spinning wheels.

Interesting.. while it now runs pretty well overall, there are moments like in the slowest reverse gear where it will go for a while and then stop. Almost like it doesn't have the power/traction needed for that operation. First i've heard of Rainbow Loom though hmm

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Lads.

The Death Star is complete

#DontMixTheBagsWhenYouHaveABaby

I now have a dining table again.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah city can sometimes be just straight way overpriced. That gas station had 500 pieces and was $90. No large pieces or anything. I guess they're taking advantage of demand from kids and pricing the ones they think will sell the best like crazy.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
^^^ I'd say the gas station price was a conspiracy of the marketing team ... so they could claim that nobody wants civil buildings and they can go back to full police-firefighters yearly spam ;)

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about the rest of you all, but I'm still planning on putting up my "best of the year" list here on ERA (although my participation here has fallen off since I'm spending more time in the Discord).

It will be a little later than usual though - probably this weekend.

Dench

Nov 26, 2017
Why is this thread so poorly updated?

The Brick Fan has pics of the Black Panther sets today and had things like the Sunshine Surfer Van and the final Lego Batman sets a week or so ago.

I haven't seen any of those mentioned here, but the old site always used to be first for Lego news.

Is it because you're all using Discord? That seems a shame given what a mess it is to read, but it seems to be making this forum irrelevant for Lego.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is this thread so poorly updated?

The Brick Fan has pics of the Black Panther sets today and had things like the Sunshine Surfer Van and the final Lego Batman sets a week or so ago.

I haven't seen any of those mentioned here, but the old site always used to be first for Lego news.

Is it because you're all using Discord? That seems a shame given what a mess it is to read, but it seems to be making this forum irrelevant for Lego.

Some stuff that are leaks we try to avoid posting here to protect the leakers and of course the Lego Ninjas from coming down on the site. Official stuff, yea we should be doing that, we are more than Discord and this grows the community not Discord. We should all do better, I will try. In the meantime here's a cute Green Mech Dragon

kBTKBO8.jpg

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
For better or worse, the transition phase and Discord has changed things.

Personally, I'm able to share more on the Discord, and I can deflect unwanted attention away from ERA, and it's easier for me to share images there, especially since I am often on mobile.

I'm still trying to maintain a presence here as well, and hopefully things settle into a balance.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
leaks are always shared here so why not the lego ones.

I also think Discord is a messy thing, so thanks Dench for posting these infos

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
leaks are always shared here so why not the lego ones.

I also think Discord is a messy thing, so thanks Dench for posting these infos

lego's recent increase in sending out legal action against places leaking stuff.

they got disney partnerships, at the very least. disney's lawyers don't eff around.

Dench

Nov 26, 2017
I didn't mean that to come across as whiny, it's just the old thread was such a useful one stop shop for news and opinion.

Couldn't you just carry on as before and then be more cautious if there's a problem?

If others haven't seen it my favourites from the recent revelations are Sunshine Surfer Van, Egghead Mech Food Fight (and Hawkgirl in a set - plus proper Captain Boomerang and Green Arrow!), and Boba Fett constractor (or whatever that weird made-up word is supposed to be).

But there's lots of Ninjago, Minecraft, and Friends stuff there as well.

I'm not sure how to embed images though, or if that's considered poor form.

Grassclipper

Oct 26, 2017
So guys I ordered a few sets off Lego.Com last week. I checked the order status today and it says that there was a attempted delivery at 11.54. However I was at home the whole day and I have not received any call nor had anyone ring the doorbell at all today. How do I proceed from here? Do I give it another day and see if something happens or should I contact the support?

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
So guys I ordered a few sets off Lego.Com last week. I checked the order status today and it says that there was a attempted delivery at 11.54. However I was at home the whole day and I have not received any call nor had anyone ring the doorbell at all today. How do I proceed from here? Do I give it another day and see if something happens or should I contact the support?

Which carrier delivered it? I'd start there first. Things get very crazy around this time of year. I used to work for USPS. One year we just scanned everything as delivered before actually delivering it. So I wouldn't panic yet.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017

I'm watching a local news story right now on people stealing packages from front porches.

But seriously they probably didn't ring. Mine don't. The carrier probably still has it. Check the tracking info. It's only a problem if the tracking indicates it was delivered.

Grassclipper

Oct 26, 2017
Which carrier delivered it? I'd start there first. Things get very crazy around this time of year. I used to work for USPS. One year we just scanned everything as delivered before actually delivering it. So I wouldn't panic yet.

I took a shot and guessed PostNord (state owned mail-carrier in Sweden), I guess I was correct. According to their website the package have been delivered to a nearby store and a note have been sent out to me (which should arrive tomorrow). Apparently there was an attempted delivery during Friday as well (but really there wasn't since I was at home studying). Slightly annoying but I can understand that they're hesitant to even attempt delivery of such a large package when chances are that the recipient is at work.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I took a shot and guessed PostNord (state owned mail-carrier in Sweden), I guess I was correct. According to their website the package have been delivered to a nearby store and a note have been sent out to me (which should arrive tomorrow). Apparently there was an attempted delivery during Friday as well (but really there wasn't since I was at home studying). Slightly annoying but I can understand that they're hesitant to even attempt delivery of such a large package when chances are that the recipient is at work.

Yeah that is annoying. I hope you get the package soon. :)

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Winter Village sets are usually available for 2 years right? I'm moving right after Christmas so I'm not putting up much in the way of Christmas decorations, but I want to make sure to get the train station at some point.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Winter Train Station yesterday as my xmas present early, under the tree's going to be a lego winter village this year rather than presents...
I used to buy the Winter sets every year (sometimes being the only set I'd buy), but I've not bought the two train sets.

I've put the previous ones all out to display. They look really good all together.

It's that time of year again!
Wasn't that "snowglobe" from last year?

The garage/parking was one of my favorite sets of my late Lego years as a kid :/

https://images.brickset.com/sets/images/6394-1.jpg
Wow. I had that set too! Which is funny since I"m pretty sure it's older than me.

Lego sets seemed to hang around longer then.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just starting to build my lego city out. Starting out building out the neighborhood. Built one of the retired Lego Homes I got from this year's Brickcon:

3e052d3411256a7b5920e810cbb4584b.jpg

I then realized that the recent creator sets really require you to buy more than one and somewhat create your own modulars.
I understand why Lego did this, so try to keep the creator series more affordable and save details for the bigger modulars.
Boy it really complicates when trying to build a city. I also am not a big fan of the cars in the older creator sets.
I love speed champions but those are of a completely different scale. My city may just have big cars lol.

I think my first custom modular will be Corner Deli, I grabbed 4 of those sets on sale. *my wallet is sad*
I also really want to get the rest of the older creator houses , so I guess I will hit up bricklink. The next one I want is The Apple Tree House

legohouse.jpg

Also realized I need road tiles, and more green tiles since the newer creator sets stopped using the full size tiles
Which I guess also goes to them keeping prices down.

I will definitely share pics once I have more than one thing built lol.
Just getting a table for this took me months. Hoping for some down time over holidays to make more progress other than hoarding sets.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I said "again". Or is this some kind of old-Lego-set-shaming...?
No, I just thought you somehow got given that as a gift set this year, which would have been a bit odd.

Speaking of odd, it is indeed an odd set. Even if you did try to add water so the "snow" pieces floated, it would all leak out.