• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
while this thread is spotlighteded does it mean it isn't visible in the Hangouts section? Its my habit to scan the first couple of pages for activity (sometimes the notification doesn't perfectly track things) and this is messing with me a little bit.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
while this thread is spotlighteded does it mean it isn't visible in the Hangouts section? Its my habit to scan the first couple of pages for activity (sometimes the notification doesn't perfectly track things) and this is messing with me a little bit.
Do you have it on your watched threads list? It will show there and if there are updates no matter where it is.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have it on your watched threads list? It will show there and if there are updates no matter where it is.

I apparantly have 19 pages of watched threads - does it automatically watch if I reply to something? I don't get notifications there though - normally I just browse the bell menu, and then graze a couple of pages of the different forums

does the watch icon sort by most recently updated?

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I apparantly have 19 pages of watched threads - does it automatically watch if I reply to something? I don't get notifications there though - normally I just browse the bell menu, and then graze a couple of pages of the different forums

does the watch icon sort by most recently updated?
It should sort by recently updated. Also, in your user settings you probably have it set to watch any thread you reply to, which can be disabled.
I found the red dot notifications were not accurate with updates in watched threads, so basically only use that for notifications of quoted posts and stuff, and check my watched threads list for everything else.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's how I do it. Manually check my watched threads (often more than reading the main forums) and save notifications for quotes and PMs. Makes browsing here much easier.

Oct 25, 2017
Seems Amazon is having a good deal on the TFA: Quad Jumper. $30. I mean its good as long as you don't live near a Walmart that has clearance.

papluh

Oct 26, 2017
MikeProtagonist
it is possible that it either had bigger role before or based on the data provided to LEGO it looked so
In this video they talk (also) about pitfalls from working with preliminaries

And for something completely different ... empty theme page for Overwatch
https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/overwatch

And some placeholder items with prices were found in Target system, just set number, item numbers and prices
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/95rvme/overwatch_lego_listing_on_target_via_brickseek/
75971 Overwatch 2 $19.99
75972 Overwatch 3 $29.99
75973 Overwatch 4 $39.99

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States

And some placeholder items with prices were found in Target system, just set number, item numbers and prices
https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/95rvme/overwatch_lego_listing_on_target_via_brickseek/
75971 Overwatch 2 $19.99
75972 Overwatch 3 $29.99
75973 Overwatch 4 $39.99[/USER]
Hmm... maybe payload, CTF, control point? Maybe a Winston and/or Rein bigfig?

Last edited:

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a sec... Lego Overwatch is coming?!

I've been creeping back in now and again and keeping an eye on you, friends, but an Overwatch line will pull me back in.

I sold most of my non-sentimental sets and modulars before our move last year but with the kids getting older and having an interest, this will break me.

Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA
I'm so confused. The 2 "Hangout" threads I've been watching since ResetEra started are now in the main forums (World of Warcraft and LEGO). I really should just add them to my watch list so I don't have to search for them.

I didn't realize that Hogwarts is coming out next week for VIPs. I hope it ships quickly because I'll be out of town at the end of the month and don't want to miss the shipment.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly anticipating any announcement regarding a new Star Wars UCS set. It's about that time of year. Give me something large and also minifig scale.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

75971 Overwatch 2 $19.99
75972 Overwatch 3 $29.99
75973 Overwatch 4 $39.99

sure do hope they're regular sets and not buildable figures of some kind.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Just installed a wall mount for the TV in my spare room.

The now empty TV stand should be the perfect size to fit the massive Hogwarts set I'll be picking up in 5 days.

This will easily be my largest (and most expensive) LEGO set ever. Second was the Classic TV Batman Batcave set (which was a gift), and third is probably roughly a tie between my two modular (Pet Shop and Parisian Restaurant) and the Diagon Alley set.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like you need an UCS Falcon now, Rodney McKay
Nooooope!

There's a Star Wars set every now and then that peaks my interest (BB-8 was the last one I got excited for, and I am hoping for redo of the UCS R2-D2 in the next few years), my interest in Star Wars has diminished a lot since I was younger.

Plus my wallet (and my limited storage/display space) wouldn't survive diving into such a huge license.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Nooooope!

There's a Star Wars set every now and then that peaks my interest (BB-8 was the last one I got excited for, and I am hoping for redo of the UCS R2-D2 in the next few years), my interest in Star Wars has diminished a lot since I was younger.

Plus my wallet (and my limited storage/display space) wouldn't survive diving into such a huge license.
Sounds like you need a new UCS Falcon

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Resisting the UCS Falcon was a relief for me. I think I'll settle with UCS imperial shuttle, TIE and Xwing

Need to get around to selling my 8043 technic excavator, and possibly my 9398 4x4 crawler although i'm quite fond of it. Have an unopened benny's spaceship that i'm not sure will ever get built and may be better off with a new home too

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats cool that they used the saturn V as inspiration for the tower, I noticed it looked similar in the way it was built and had the same diameter

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
Not a HP fan but that castle is amazing.

Also, I member seeing the designer trying out for Lego on a C4 TV Show, nice to see him doing well.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man all the new sets hitting retail are so much cheaper than in the official Lego Shop for me. The new trains for example are 30€-50€ cheaper. But also the Technic stuff etc. Almost nabbed the new passenger train @ 119€ but ended up deciding for not yet, I'll wait till I get more excited about it. I have bunch of spare track and spare train parts still to give use to lol

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Lol so true. Pick up a $15 set for "sticker practice" haha
pl0zrddgm7oy.jpg

Is that code?

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
So I picked up the Brick Bank this week, and I've completed what I've wanted to get out of the modulars which were Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, Brick Bank and Assembly Square.

I started getting into Lego 18 months ago, getting sets for the kids, it started with Lego Friends Puppy Day Care, and then I got Creator and City sets too, and to treat myself the modulars.

But 40 sets later, I'm finding it hard to find the space for everything, or even a small lego town to leave up, I'm also looking for my own place at the moment, and even in the next house, there might not be enough room to dedicate to lego. When I see youtube personalities with their huge layouts, its not even something I really want, despite liking Lego a lot. It's just my opinion, but I don't really see large layouts as fun to play, but more just to admire and the satisfaction of planning and laying out a dream city.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Since Brick Bank seems like one of the less popular modulars I didn't have especially high expectations going in, but the first floor and roof were both really fun to build. Second floor wasn't too interesting though.

YJah0zn.jpg

I really like the Brick Bank.

Initially I thought it was just average, because it looked boring compared to the others, but after watching plenty of videos on it, I'm increasingly seeing its appeal. It has two facades and can be easily used as a corner building or as one along a main street whereas the Palace cinema is definitely more suited to a corner building given its 45 degree entrance. The interior is really interesting and offers a bunch of unique functions such as the bank vault and the laundry 'laundering' money. Maybe some people find the grey bricks slightly boring, but equally it can be said, the building looks quite grand.

Oct 27, 2017
I built the Voltron set over the weekend. It took a pretty long time, the Blue and Yellow Lions are super complex and the Black Lion took forever because it's basically layer upon layer of structure and support for the entire body.

It's such an impressive design the way everything fits together, the way the head transforms to the Voltron head, the way the legs transform. I love it.

Sirank

Oct 27, 2017
So I picked up the Brick Bank this week, and I've completed what I've wanted to get out of the modulars which were Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, Detective's Office, Brick Bank and Assembly Square.

I started getting into Lego 18 months ago, getting sets for the kids, it started with Lego Friends Puppy Day Care, and then I got Creator and City sets too, and to treat myself the modulars.

But 40 sets later, I'm finding it hard to find the space for everything, or even a small lego town to leave up, I'm also looking for my own place at the moment, and even in the next house, there might not be enough room to dedicate to lego. When I see youtube personalities with their huge layouts, its not even something I really want, despite liking Lego a lot. It's just my opinion, but I don't really see large layouts as fun to play, but more just to admire and the satisfaction of planning and laying out a dream city.

Are you me? lol I just ordered Brick Bank a few days ago and it's the final of the modulars I wanted. Started when Detectives Office caught my imagination about a year ago, then Parisian Restaurant, then Assembly Square, Downtown Diner and now Brick Bank. Ebay had a 15 percent off anything deal + 10 ebay bucks i was looking to use + a listing for $130 brand new so I had to jump on it for that dirt cheap a deal.

I'll probably put it together then take it apart after a few weeks like I did Assembly Square. I just don't have the room for more huge sets on my designated Lego shelves in the office. It'll be hard for anything to push out Saturn V, Detective Office and my Camper vehicles and Ocean explorer/transport boat collections. Thought about putting them all together on top of the cabinets in the kitchen since I don't have anything except an empty wine rack up there but I'm worried my girlfriend would not approve of that. Honestly I don't really even care that much about displaying them, I just find it soothing to put them together and appreciate all the hidden details, built in stories and interesting building techniques. Along with having them around to put together again if I ever feel the urge.

Last edited:

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Are you me? lol I just ordered Brick Bank a few days ago and it's the final of the modulars I wanted. Started when Detectives Office caught my imagination about a year ago, then Parisian Restaurant, then Assembly Square, Downtown Diner and now Brick Bank. Ebay had a 15 percent off anything deal + 10 ebay bucks i was looking to use + a listing for $130 brand new so I had to jump on it for that dirt cheap a deal.

I'll probably put it together then take it apart after a few weeks like I did Assembly Square. I just don't have the room for more huge sets on my designated Lego shelves in the office. It'll be hard for anything to push out Saturn V, Detective Office and my Camper vehicles and Ocean explorer/transport boat collections. Thought about putting them all together on top of the cabinets in the kitchen since I don't have anything except an empty wine rack up there but I'm worried my girlfriend would not approve of that. Honestly I don't really even care that much about displaying them, I just find it soothing to put them together and appreciate all the hidden details, built in stories and interesting building techniques. Along with having them around to put together again if I ever feel the urge.

haha. There's probably a few of us around here in the same situation. Those modulars are amazing. I doubt they'll ever go up in value as much as the old ones due to how many copies are out there.

It's kinda crazy how many sets I got in about a year's time. I've had to say no to so much stuff this year, that if I had just started out, I probably would have gotten it. Hell, even the 6,000 piece Harry Potter set looks amazing, and I don't care all that much for Harry Potter.

Made a mech, its called "White Fire". Stands 13 inches tall. Follow the link for more info

https://old.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/96y8b0/my_latest_mech_white_fire/

9w2wq9tj2vf11.png

That's an amazing build!

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What accent is the graphic designer in the Hogwarts video rocking? I am asking because I play with a guy that sounds the same - and up until now I thought he was just constantly drunk. :D

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Build the first bag of the Aston Martin. It's basically a technic build at this point with all the mechanisms layed out. The ejector seat mechanism is already complete and it's just Lego magic or something. (Too bad you don't build it in one go, so it's hard to admire how cool the system is).

I have a busy week ahead, so bag 2 will probably be for the weekend or even after.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else miss the good old days when most Lego sets weren't licensed IP? Man I used to love all those old castle, pirate, space, and western sets. Sucks that all space sets are Star Wars and all the castle sets are Harry Potter these days.

(That said I'm totally picking up that crazy 6000 piece Hogwarts Castle set for my gf and that ultimate Mellennium Falcon for myself cause fuck it why the hell not.)