• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
To go with your Saturn V, Lunar Lander and ISS.

Releases April 01, 2021.

2354 pieces
$200

image.png

image.png

image.png

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Might grab this on a sale latter this year, not a big fan of the design.

€170 in EU

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
It looks immense. Probably looks a little bland from the final design, especially baring in mind the price. I bet it's a fun build and I will pick it up eventually

Divorced Dad

Banned
Feb 16, 2021
I have a dozen Star Wars lego sets ranging from an XWing up to the Millenium Falcon and a Star Destroyer. I don't use them, my son doesnt want them, and I don't have the box or manual. What the hell do I do with them? I don't have room to display fully built lego sets

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Lego, why do you do this to me.

Already have the ISS, Lunar Lander, and the Saturn V. I will say this is probably the least interesting looking, but most expensive out of the set.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait for a cheaper, more stylized version that is minifig scale.

Also, 270$ CAD is highway robbery.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
$270 Canadian. Ouch. Been waiting for a space shuttle, but I'm a little disappointed it isn't priced similarly to the Saturn V ($150CDN) or ISS ($100CDN)

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I have a dozen Star Wars lego sets ranging from an XWing up to the Millenium Falcon and a Star Destroyer. I don't use them, my son doesnt want them, and I don't have the box or manual. What the hell do I do with them? I don't have room to display fully built lego sets

If the sets are complete you could likely still sell them on eBay even without the box. If it's a rarer set someone might be excited to get it for cheap (compared to the inflated retired set price).

Or just hang them from your ceiling in awesome space battle poses throughout the house.

OP
OP
whatsinaname

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the old 10231 Expedition set for comparison. Similar scale.

The boosters are a + but the cabin/bay design in the new one is miles ahead.

image.png

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd pay twice that for a full stack model tbh. It's a shame they dropped the Saturn V scale version that got through the Ideas process.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I love the design and the integration of the Hubble. The price is steep, but it's almost two things in one. Hnnngh!

I have the Saturn V and Lunar Lander, but I've passed on the ISS because it seems almost too basic. But it would be kinda neat to collect all the sets. Uggggh, whyyyy...

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty!!! Hope to have space to let the Saturn on the horizontal someday.
If you have a 3d printer.
2021-03-22-17-02-08.jpg

I love the design and the integration of the Hubble. The price is steep, but it's almost two things in one. Hnnngh!

I have the Saturn V and Lunar Lander, but I've passed on the ISS because it seems almost too basic. But it would be kinda neat to collect all the sets. Uggggh, whyyyy...

Just buy two of each and sell the unopened ones for a big profit in a few years;)

Rufio

Oct 27, 2017
want the boosters

the last one stands out with those boosters

but will still get when its on sale.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm crushed that it's not Saturn V scale and that it's not the full stack. I thought for sure it would be. When I saw the leaks that there was going to be a space shuttle this year, I got all excited thinking I could add it to my rocket garden (in addition to the Saturn V, I have similarly scaled MOC of Mercury-Redstone, Mercury-Atlas, and Gemini). But it's the wrong size and missing the SRBs and external tank :( That Hubble is really cool, though. And I am a sucker for space sets...

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Ebay. You'll be surprised at what a lot of that goes for. That's where I sold most of my collection a few years back.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm crushed that it's not Saturn V scale and that it's not the full stack. I thought for sure it would be. When I saw the leaks that there was going to be a space shuttle this year, I got all excited thinking I could add it to my rocket garden (in addition to the Saturn V, I have similarly scaled MOC of Mercury-Redstone, Mercury-Atlas, and Gemini). But it's the wrong size and missing the SRBs and external tank :( That Hubble is really cool, though. And I am a sucker for space sets...

looks like a really nice stand alone that will fit nicely with the Saturn V - plenty big for me

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me, I have this set somewhere too:
lego-8480-space-shuttle-0000.jpg

The fibre optics in the boosters was great!

Jul 26, 2018
Sigh.............

Time to buy more Legos!

Me a few days ago "alright.. no more buying Legos next month!"

Lego: "we are releasing Winnie the Pooh and Space Shuttle Set!". Dammit.. bahhaa.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I just got into lego basically this month. Went from winning on a drawing contest an old space police lego set in the 90s that i dont have with me anymore (my family never wanted to buy me any lego, even when i was a kid that love to build stuff), to a kinght bus when i went to the ny lego store in 2011, to buying the Friends set for my gf and getting the steamboat willie one from her on christmas. We settled in our new apartment last month, were we finally built both and then...
Then i went bonkers buying fucking everything i ever wanted and then some.
Got the disneyland station at the lego store online (that we are building right now), the old doctor who tardis set (new and sealed) at bricklink at a decent price, the coaster for 40 euros less still new and sealed from wallapop (in the same transaction my sister in law got the hogwarts castle), we were waiting for the Magic Kingdom castle to go back in stock at the lego store online, and as soon as it went got it, but becuase im an idiot, and love tower of terror, i also got the haunted house theme park ride lol And we got for free from the lego store transactions the amelia einheart tribute set and now some bunny on a carrot house lol

So I went from having 2 sets in 25 years, to have 8 in a month. And waiting for the seinfeld lego idea set of course lol

Then i see this thread, and I always was a big fan of the discovery shuttle as a kid, and want to get this also.
WTF are you doing to me lego, its really like a drug.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
Looks insane. Debating on buying the Roller Coaster and Haunted House sets to start my Fairgrounds Collection.

Jul 26, 2018
I just got into lego basically this month. Went from winning on a drawing contest an old space police lego set in the 90s that i dont have with me anymore (my family never wanted to buy me any lego, even when i was a kid that love to build stuff), to a kinght bus when i went to the ny lego store in 2011, to buying the Friends set for my gf and getting the steamboat willie one from her on christmas. We settled in our new apartment last month, were we finally built both and then...
Got the disneyland station at the lego store online (that we are building right now), the old doctor who tardis set (new and sealed) at bricklink at a decent price, the coaster for 40 euros less still new and sealed from wallapop (in the same transaction my sister in law got the hogwarts castle), we were waiting for the Magic Kingdom castle to go back in stock at the lego store online, and as soon as it went got it, but becuase im an idiot, and love tower of terror, i also got the haunted house theme park ride lol And we got for free from the lego store transactions the amelia einheart tribute set and now some bunny on a carrot house lol

So I went from having 2 sets in 25 years, to have 8 in a month. And waiting for the seinfeld lego idea set of course lol

Then i see this thread, and I always was a big fan of the discovery shuttle as a kid, and want to get this also.
HAHAH This 100%.

Never own any Lego sets as a teen and early 20's until now (i'm 24). It all started with buy a small Lego Hammond from Overwatch last xmas. Then a McLaren.. then tons of Ninjago, Lamborghini, and recently just finished all 3 Batman sets (Bat Tumbler, Classic Batmobile and Batwing). Also bought my 1st Lego Star Wars set which is the latest Y wing haha. I also bought 3rd party "Lego" sets too. Have a Lego Thunderjaw from Horizon Zero Dawn, custom Lamborghini Centenario, and Halo Enegery sword from Mega Construx.

It's addicting!!! AHHHHH!!!

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Don't start looking up old retired sets because you might find one you really want going for crazy money on ebay and then you rationalise to yourself, "Well if I don't buy it now it will only get more expensive!". I'd never bought any Lego before March last year.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
HAHAH This 100%.

Never own any Lego sets as a teen and early 20's until now (i'm 24). It all started with buy a small Lego Hammond from Overwatch last xmas. Then a McLaren.. then tons of Ninjago, Lamborghini, and recently just finished all 3 Batman sets (Bat Tumbler, Classic Batmobile and Batwing). Also bought my 1st Lego Star Wars set which is the latest Y wing haha. I also bought 3rd party "Lego" sets too. Have a Lego Thunderjaw from Horizon Zero Dawn, custom Lamborghini Centenario, and Halo Enegery sword from Mega Construx.

It's addicting!!! AHHHHH!!!
Hahha, im glad im not the only one. Thankfully my gf loves them, and we build them as partners (each day one builds and the other reads the manual and chooses the pieces, ad viceversa), but now she is really scared we dont have enough space for them.

Don't start looking up old retired sets because you might find one you really want going for crazy money on ebay and then you rationalise to yourself, "Well if I don't buy it now it will only get more expensive!". I'd never bought any Lego before March last year.
Thats what happened a little bit with doctor, who. I was surprised i was able to find it at a similar price to what was released, new and selaed, and from as tore in my own country through bricklink.

I really want to buy separate pieces and build custom sets some people do on the internet (they give you a link you can put on brick link and get all the pieces in your cart, and then you get from them a manual they made for 5 dollars).
I was also looking into the light fixtures for sets, but those seem crazy expensive.

Nov 27, 2017
California

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
159db713-2cc5-4311-99oj3w.jpeg

I raise you both. I need a proper display...

"...oh, you'd like to hold the Slave 1?!

lemme see.. ..here.. wait a sec... just.. hold on.. if I move this.. then... well, if I just shift this one then....

....look man, I'm sorry... your just gonna have to settle for looking at it goddammit! :/

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought my wife the Flower Bouquet "from the kids" for Mother's Day. That was also a cool set.

Jul 26, 2018
Already went "crazy" and bought myself the Bat tumbler last week for $500. Yet my dad loves it so it was worth the money imo.

Yet sadly... bye bye $800 Millennium Falcon. No way i'm gonna spend $1K on it.

Also just went grocery shopping. Ended up with 2 more sets.. dammit! At least I've spent $0 on gaming so far this year.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

Just don't buy any modular building and i think you'll be ok lol

Some older sets can be very expensive.