• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Well that is the point. You basically said he didn't have valid concerns but you do happen to agree with him which wasn't communicated in your previous post.
There is a difference between agreeing that the meta is bad and agreeing that we should be concerned about the general state of the game, citing Mogwai as a representative of that. So no, I don't think his concerns from that angle are valid at all. Either way, not really interested in a proxy back and forth over this point.

People forget they have limited removal and mismanage resources. Maybe it's a bigger factor than deck quality in this format.
Yeah, there were tons of times where I held onto reactive answers for a long time to gain the most value out of them. Sometimes my Deny was saved for next game hahaha.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see that they put up the schedule for Gauntlet.

I was wondering whether they would make changes to the deck editor to account for more unique gauntlet rules, so that's kinda disappointing. Labs also seems something that's only going to be interesting for a few games when all you do is pick champions.

Waiting for event pass and new cards news.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see that they put up the schedule for Gauntlet.

I was wondering whether they would make changes to the deck editor to account for more unique gauntlet rules, so that's kinda disappointing. Labs also seems something that's only going to be interesting for a few games when all you do is pick champions.

Waiting for event pass and new cards news.

Well that's lame, I thought every Gauntlet was going to be a new rule type.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The singleton gauntlet is really fun. Glad they provided something else to do when I don't like the current meta.

Oct 25, 2017
Gauntlets fucking suck. They don't last long enough for more casual players, especially when they schedule them primarily over a weekend. I only get to play about half an hour a week day, and less on weekends. There's no opportunity to even get the higher tier emblem. There's no reason they aren't week long events.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Gauntlets fucking suck. They don't last long enough for more casual players, especially when they schedule them primarily over a weekend. I only get to play about half an hour a week day, and less on weekends. There's no opportunity to even get the higher tier emblem. There's no reason they aren't week long events.

Time limited events are so players don't get spread too out across modes.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
It was to be expected for rules to be repeated in Gauntlet but launching the mode with only 2 types prepared?! I was expecting 4/5 with a few new ones once in a while; this is extremely disappointing.

I can only conjecture that the deck builder can't handle anything more.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Time limited events are so players don't get spread too out across modes.
You have to avoid the MTG Arena Brawl problem though when the standard meta sucks so people want to play something else and can only do it for a limited time each week.

Though only singleton gauntlets actually solve that problem. I don't really get the purpose of standard gauntlets.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there supposed to be patch notes today?

NVM the Turkish notes are out, Swim covering it right now.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.
Pilfered Goods: 2m -> 3m
Solitary Monk: 4/3 -> 3/3

Being worked on:
  • Adjustments to some of Heimerdinger's associated cards (his bots).
  • Reworking discard units to increase their satisfaction and usability.
  • Adjustments to direct Nexus damage on cheap Noxus units.
Also:
  • Quest UI updated and moved to a side-panel.
  • Background of matchmaking queue and VS screen now determined by the board equipped in your loadout.
  • Sixty second cooldown added to certain between-card VO interactions so they aren't so repetitively heard when playing multiple copies of the same cards. Affected units will now play their standard summon VO until the cooldown resets.
  • Vault unlock time moved from Tuesday to Thursday at 8 AM (local time based on shard).
  • This week's Vault duration extended to nine days to make the transition.

I wish they would revert the Merchant nerf after this, but I'm fine with PG at 3m.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Heimerdinger and burn/aggro gonna get wacked next patch.

This emergency patch felt sort of over hyped.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I dont disagree with thr changes, I just expected more changes. People were talking about WoI and Flash of Brilliance as very likely to be nerfed along with some of the aggro cards.

Next patch is going to big one though and we will have Gauntlet this week to have fun with.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
If you were to trade the elusive bot for a different costed bot, which would it be? 2m 2/1 elusive and 3m 3/1 tough? Making a 4/1 elusive seems scary. 1m 1/1 elusive seems overkill.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't disagree with Solitary Monk, but it was also the least common elusive in the current build, so weird choice

Swim mentioned it's probably data driven, it would not surprise me if Monk was statistically winning more games than Greenglade which is more of a feels bad card when it snowballs

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
If you were to trade the elusive bot for a different costed bot, which would it be? 2m 2/1 elusive and 3m 3/1 tough? Making a 4/1 elusive seems scary. 1m 1/1 elusive seems overkill.
Someone suggested changing elusive to scout. I'd prefer that to just shuffling the keywords around. Elusive is so fundamentally busted that any Heimer deck is just going to be about exploiting it as long as there's an elusive bot. Though 3 mana is absolutely the worst possible point for it so anything is a win.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I don't disagree with Solitary Monk, but it was also the least common elusive in the current build, so weird choice

Swim mentioned it's probably data driven, it would not surprise me if Monk was statistically winning more games than Greenglade which is more of a feels bad card when it snowballs
With Rising Tides, 2HP is much more fragile than 3 now. Two errant aoe pings kill most elusives. My winrate vs elusives tanks with turn 3 Monk compared to any other opener.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

She wasn't uncommon in elusive decks. If you don't hit her curve you don't play her aside from the heimer vi build.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering when we'll see any adjustments to Demacia as a region. It's kinda fucked right now. It basically has only one deck in constructed play because it has no control tools or reach, and its midrange now loses hard to other midrange decks like Sejuani and Heimer, so all that's left is midrange-aggro that's still inferior to other decks of that type. It's the worst region and, more importantly, the least diverse region In terms of how you can build it.

Mageseekers particularly feel like an archetype that could use some love, as could Last Breath.

Hopefully next expansion will see some more variety for Demacia.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering when we'll see any adjustments to Demacia as a region. It's kinda fucked right now. It basically has only one deck in constructed play because it has no control tools or reach, and its midrange now loses hard to other midrange decks like Sejuani and Heimer, so all that's left is midrange-aggro that's still inferior to other decks of that type. It's the worst region and, more importantly, the least diverse region In terms of how you can build it.

Mageseekers particularly feel like an archetype that could use some love, as could Last Breath.

Hopefully next expansion will see some more variety for Demacia.
Sylas, Galio, and Kayle all feel like they could bring some control stuff, thematically. Galio leans into the anti-magic archetype, Sylas steals stuff, and Kayle is a late-game character in the same way Anivia is, so she could have some tools to accommodate that.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I said least common, as in the elusive with the least spots in the deck, which she is as a 1 or 2 of

wasn't talking about overall elusives, nobody is caring about The Empyrean lol
No one plays a deck with 1 solitary.

I'm saying you aren't seeing it because it's not card you can easily play off curve. The heimer vi deck barely allows this and that's it.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Swim loves his one of solitary monk.

Does anyone know how to create another account on a different region? Ladder queues tend to be a few minutes where I'm at and testing decks on normal feels bad.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Playing around Ruination is one of my favorite parts of the game.

Sylas, Galio, and Kayle all feel like they could bring some control stuff, thematically. Galio leans into the anti-magic archetype, Sylas steals stuff, and Kayle is a late-game character in the same way Anivia is, so she could have some tools to accommodate that.
Given the leaks for the next Demacian champion, I think
dragon tribal
could be a neat direction.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lab was fun however no reward for it is fairly lame. Riot needs to give at least something for these (like a one time free capsule).

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Labs really highlighting how some Champions are absolute trash while others dominate the field.
Unleveled champions are what matter; Nautilus is absolute trash because he will never level up.

A lot of it is also dependent on bucket quality. Vi is an amazing champion but also has the worst buckets imaginable.

Oct 25, 2017
On a positive note, I know when to immediately surrender because I was dealt shit champs. Saves wasting time on a futile draw.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
You play more for the unique experience than anything else.

Also it seems to have separate XP from the normal matches, so feel free to concede a few extra times in lab for the free XP.
They should give away the board as a reward. They could make it like a long term thing, like win 10 different labs or something to earn it, but it would be nice. The music is great.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Do we have any general LOR winrate data for who has the attack token first vs second ?
Not that I've seen

the way the game is set up I'm pretty sure your deck determines turn win rate far more than anything else. It's not like Gwent where it's an inherent advantage, some decks definitely favor evens. But if you've played the Lab and seen the turn 1 Zed it definitely feels like an auto loss lol

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think going first really only matters for aggro decks. I am pretty sure your percentage goes up by quite a bit if you have an unanswered 1 drop on turn 1. It really is a matter of decks though and cards. As Bannerman I am perfectly fine going 2nd because my Fleetfoot isn't really going to do much on turn 1 anyway, turn 2 is when it is going to pop off.

Oct 25, 2017
I take it back, Labs is great. It's basically free XP without having to play the game.

Are you on the play with Zed? Free XP as opponent forfeits. Nice easy XP. If not, well just forfeit and try again until you do! Get wins without even needing to play.

At least that's been my experience so far. More than half forfeit when I slam Zed on T1.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
I take it back, Labs is great. It's basically free XP without having to play the game.

Are you on the play with Zed? Free XP as opponent forfeits. Nice easy XP. If not, well just forfeit and try again until you do! Get wins without even needing to play.

At least that's been my experience so far. More than half forfeit when I slam Zed on T1.

That's what I've been using labs for, not so much forfeiting asap though. Have not touched Ladder since the new season started. Just doing my dailies with AI and PVP bonus exp in Labs is great. Looking forward to August and the next set!