• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
All 3 Expedition capsules had champion cards: 2 champs and one wildcard.

7-7-7

But I have wasted my stake-expeditions before the Expansion :(

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good replacement for Leblanc in midrange Frostbite?

I have 3 ashes.

First I was thinking Zed since I have 3 of him and he is similar in total stats and ability but then I realize Leblanc is important for having 5 attack more than quick attack.

Edit: Zed is ionia anyway I thought he was noxious lol.
People used to play Sejuani instead of LeBlanc before. Trundle is a good option too in this deck. For 3 drop they used the Yeti Trapper card and Tavern Keeper.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they have some plans for the SP mode, it have been my biggest podcast buddy for a while now.
Am still salty Hearthstone moved away from their dungeons.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I know its because I'm very new and I don't know how to play well against it but That sand soldier Thresh/Nasus deck feels way to powerful.

I have literally never won a single match against it yet and I cant say that about any other deck archetype.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know its because I'm very new and I don't know how to play well against it but That sand soldier Thresh/Nasus deck feels way to powerful.

I have literally never won a single match against it yet and I cant say that about any other deck archetype.
Its the best deck in the game but not unbeatable. You can beat it with beefy Midrange Overwhelm decks, Frostbite decks with Reckonings and heavy control decks. Tahm Saraka is a hard counter as well.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Its the best deck in the game but not unbeatable. You can beat it with beefy Midrange Overwhelm decks, Frostbite decks with Reckonings and heavy control decks. Tahm Saraka is a hard counter as well.
I'm gonna drop $20 dollars to craft the deck myself. Best way to learn a decks weaknesses is to play it yourself.

Edit: I also wanna craft a feljorn control deck. I'm missing 9 champions from these 2 decks so if I buy $20 in coins (6 champions) I will just have to earn 3 champions through progression.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna drop $20 dollars to craft the deck myself. Best way to learn a decks weaknesses is to play it yourself.

Edit: I also wanna craft a feljorn control deck. I'm missing 9 champions from these 2 decks so if I buy $20 in coins (6 champions) I will just have to earn 3 champions through progression.

Just be patient, and you will have all the resources in the game in no time. Play more Expeditions/Labs instead of doing ladder with incomplete decks.

Consider saving $10 for the Season Pass later this month.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Just be patient, and you will have all the resources in the game in no time. Play more Expeditions/Labs instead of doing ladder with incomplete decks.

Consider saving $10 for the Season Pass later this month.
Ladder is my thing. Everything else is more boring.

The most fun I have in a card game is playing against meta decks with meta decks.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh we definitely got a Spike here lol.

I too would recommend just playing the game and acquiring EXP + rewards to unlock cards rather than buying your way into a meta deck that will get either changed or supplanted within a week before a new mini expansion is releasing.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Oh we definitely got a Spike here lol.

I too would recommend just playing the game and acquiring EXP + rewards to unlock cards rather than buying your way into a meta deck that will get either changed or supplanted within a week before a new mini expansion is releasing.
I dont mind spending money to accelerate my collection.

The cards I earn from f2p progressive will just go to the next deck then I will have even more to play ( I love variety)

Probably a good idea to wait until after the expansion though since they might rebalance things.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Expansion comes day after tomorrow I believe. We should have all the cards spoiled either today or by tomorrow. We should be getting Irelia today. I am expecting her to give huge pay offs to Recall synergies within Ionia.

I am on MAXIMUM COPIUM right now.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it no Irelia today.

New Key word though. Blade Dance: Start a free attack with that many blades.

Since blades count as units, this makes stuff like Field Musician a lot stronger. Also Azir of course. I think Irelia is meant to synergize with Azir so that's the Ionia + Shurima combo.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Syncopation is insane. Great defense and offense. Gotta block every Ionia attacker in case they swap it with a big boi finisher.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Ionia looking real nice these days. Syncopation and Dancing Droplet are quite a boon.

Oct 27, 2017
Ionia going full ninja. Good.

Tomorrow is Irelia and the next day is launch.

I like the mini-Expansions, it is probably preferable to one large Expansion. The only problem is that Season Pass duration, if it wasn't for the glitch/forced-restart, I would have ended with no more than 200 score.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
OoOo these Ionia cards are exciting. Think I found my favorite champ of the set before she's even officially revealed!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Syncopation feels a lot like it'll be one of those "dip into Ionia for this but don't really make an Ionia deck" cards, sorta like Deny is/was.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Blade dance feels like an alternate way for Ionia to burn the opponent. So little pinpricks to the face with blades and elusives.

Syncopation feels a lot like it'll be one of those "dip into Ionia for this but don't really make an Ionia deck" cards, sorta like Deny is/was.
If you're dipping into Ionia for 2+ copies of 3+ different cards, is that still dipping? *points to 4head*

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I think people are looking at the effect in a vacuum and the best case scenario and now how it's actually going to fit into Ionia as a region. People are saying it's going to be busted in Lee decks and I don't think this card is playable in Lee. That deck already has a massive problem with drawing too many spells and not enough units, why would it want a card that does literally nothing unless you have 2 units on board? Bastion and Deny already stop Vengeance and other removal that gets around Lee's perma barrier, I can't imagine playing one that requires you to 2-for-1 yourself and also have another unit on the board to function.

This card really is only super effective in Ionia decks that have lots of units and want to attack a lot, or ones that have units that they want to protect and a ton of bad units that they don't mind sacrificing to a removal spell. And in combat this card leaves you open to getting 2-for-1'd a lot. Let's say that your opponent's 3/3 blocks your 1/1, you swap it with your 4/4. They respond by giving their guy +2+2, your guy dies and they took 1 and have a 3/1 left. It's easy to imagine the nut situations where you're blowing out their super valuable and expensive spells by swapping dudes or you using it to force through a ton of damage by swapping a 1/1 elusive with a big guy who doesn't have it, but I don't think you're going to get those situations consistently and there's going to be a lot of times where you play it for minor value or get blown out. It's certainly not a card that I think you can safely jam 3 of in any Ionia deck.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Its going to be a 3 of in Shen decks though. It's a unit heavy deck with reliance on combat tricks. The units are also beefy enough where if you redirect the targets, the new target is more likely to live and create a valuable exchange.

It can be used in Lee Sin decks to protect Zoe early game allowing her to get out of control.

I think most Ionia decks will just replace Nopify for it. Ionia definitely turning into a region that can protect virtually anything with the amount of deny like effects it has now.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am ready for my final dose of Ionian HOPIUM in the form of Irelia.

Irelia will not only save Ionia but this new expansion as well!!!

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
If blade dance synergizes well with MF, I'm definitely gonna try it out since I hate playing boring old scouts.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine playing one that requires you to 2-for-1 yourself and also have another unit on the board to function.
Agreed. To compare powerlevels, Sharpsight is often a 1 for 1 that protects your unit. Pale Cascade is often a 0 for 1 or 1 for 1. This is often a 2 for 1. The flexibility is cool, but effectiveness has yet to be seen. To be fair, drawing spells in Ionia is cheap, but yeah you probably won't be running this in a Lee Sin deck for instance.

Curious to see which would have a higher impact on Ionia, the more busted but narrow Dancing Droplet or the more utility but fair Syncopation.

Edit: Irelia reveal

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Irelia Zed mono-Ionia lets gooooo.

Fold to Avalanche? What's that?

Edit: I think flavor-wise, this is closer to OG Irelia than reworked Irelia, no? Blade Dance is much more reminiscent of her old ultimate shooting out blades than the new one that imprisons enemies. Glad they dropped the healing element to her haha.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is definitely meant to pair up with Azir. Using Blade Dances with Emperor's Dais and Azir up is really annoying to deal with.

Combined with Recall effects on these Blade Dance cards to get multiple triggers off and protection for your champs... yeah this will be a solid deck.

The only question is if the Blades count as kill/slays if they collide with another unit. That would make something like Lucian more considerable for this deck archetype as well.

Looked at the trailer again and yeah, it plays the kill animation if it dies in combat so it could work with Lucian. Also Nassus is gonna get MASSIVE off of these decks lol.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is definitely meant to pair up with Azir. Using Blade Dances with Emperor's Dais and Azir up is really annoying to deal with.

Combined with Recall effects on these Blade Dance cards to get multiple triggers off and protection for your champs... yeah this will be a solid deck.

The only question is if the Blades count as kill/slays if they collide with another unit. That would make something like Lucian more considerable for this deck archetype as well.

Looked at the trailer again and yeah, it plays the kill animation if it dies in combat so it could work with Lucian. Also Nassus is gonna get MASSIVE off of these decks lol.
I'd hold off on the Slay triggers stuff; it's too easy for your opponent to control. Sure, eventually they have to block them, but it's still giving up on the ability to dictate when you hit your powerups.

Everything else, though, lord.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Patch notes!

playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.

Atrocity
Cost: 6 7.
We want to reduce the efficiency and effectiveness in which Atrocity can end games, introducing more risk and counterplay by overall reducing the amount of windows where it can be safely played to end the game.

Blighted Caretaker
Base Stats: 2|1 1|1.
Blighted Caretaker is incredibly powerful due to its synergy with Slay and Fearsome. We want to keep these synergies, but slightly reduce it's early game pressure and its ability to create even more Slays by moving it to 1 power.

Not a huge huge fan of the Atrocity nerf, but I'm fine with it. More glad that riot is putting out changes WITH a release. Bravo!

MISC:
  • Mushrooms now do aggregated damage all at once when drawn together, rather than taking 1 damage X times, with X = the number of mushrooms drawn at once
  • Cards created by Concurrent Timelines now inherit Prismatic effects.
  • Effects for Rally and Round Start have been improved.
  • In patch 2.9.0 (June 2), Cross-Shard Friend Challenge will no longer be supported. As LoR continues to grow, we're beginning to run up against challenges caused by degraded tech. Cross-Shard Friend Challenge is one of our main culprits, and it's currently taking resources that we need to develop some of LoR's most exciting features planned for further along in the pipeline. We'll have more information on social features for LoR in the future, but for now, we just wanted to provide an early heads up for players and community organizations that make use of the feature

RIP cross-shard challenges. That seems like a big loss for the competitive community.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Those nerfs should still make the Nasus decks strong but brought down a peg. Blighted Caretaker nerf is whatever mostly, Atrocity nerf is fairly significant.

Anyway time to make some new decks as is tradition.

Getting the obvious one of the way: Azir + Irelia

Irelia-Azir-Swarm--lor-deck-c28ovo3p903qa1s334eg.png

Deck basically builds by itself. I might want 1 more of Lead and Follow + Navori Conspirator for the extra Recalls but there aren't that many great targets for Recall so I kept them at two each for now.

Another Irelia deck this time with Miss Fortune:

Miss-Fortune-Irelia-lor-deck-c28p51jp903qa1s3a6sg.png

The Blade cards should level up Miss Fortune really quickly. Crackshot Corsair also ends up being crazy here. Kinda want a few more spells in here though, could easily drop 1-2 4 drops here.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite decks, Leona Yasuo updated with a couple of new cards:

Yasuo-Leona-Daybreak-Stun-lor-deck-c28pdp6jlsq1s0e7qp20.png

Replaced Shieldbearer with the new OP 2 drop stun. Added in Eye of the Ra-Horak instead my usual Steel Tempest. This deck needs Steel Tempest more than the Landmark because Daybreak really needs fast responses but I still think this card makes the list. Was struggling to fit in spells in this deck.

The Fangs over the Daybreak because the lifesteal is persistent and thus you need stuff like Single Combat to make Sunforger work better. I also wanted a non Daybreak unit to play off curve. Mindsplitter I used to play 2 of in this deck but I think have enough value stuns with the new landmark.

One of the weaknesses with the decks was that it lacked finishers because while Yasuo and Leona + Daybreak could hold down the daybreak, the had trouble finishing the game. That's why I have Zenith Blades, Morning Lights AND triple Starshaping to close out games.

Yes... this will be worse than Asol + Zoe lists and most Targon + Demacia decks however its among the better Yasuo decks available and I have still had good success with this deck in stuff like Gauntlets.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
One of my favorite decks, Leona Yasuo updated with a couple of new cards:

Yasuo-Leona-Daybreak-Stun-lor-deck-c28pdp6jlsq1s0e7qp20.png

Replaced Shieldbearer with the new OP 2 drop stun. Added in Eye of the Ra-Horak instead my usual Steel Tempest. This deck needs Steel Tempest more than the Landmark because Daybreak really needs fast responses but I still think this card makes the list. Was struggling to fit in spells in this deck.

The Fangs over the Daybreak because the lifesteal is persistent and thus you need stuff like Single Combat to make Sunforger work better. I also wanted a non Daybreak unit to play off curve. Mindsplitter I used to play 2 of in this deck but I think have enough value stuns with the new landmark.

One of the weaknesses with the decks was that it lacked finishers because while Yasuo and Leona + Daybreak could hold down the daybreak, the had trouble finishing the game. That's why I have Zenith Blades, Morning Lights AND triple Starshaping to close out games.

Yes... this will be worse than Asol + Zoe lists and most Targon + Demacia decks however its among the better Yasuo decks available and I have still had good success with this deck in stuff like Gauntlets.
How good is Sunburst here? The experimenter in me wants to put in more top-end like a Mina or two, but I guess this shores up the Nasus matchup. Is the 5/4 nightfall stun too expensive?

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
looking at the roadmap, we should be seeing champion skins this month

Lil Peanut Brotha - is that still the plan?

i wonder if it can be datamined tomorrow - stoked to see how skins work

also - where is the best place to inquire about a bug?

iOS 14.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max - the game used to let me play outside audio (music, podcasts) while playing in-game sfx but now the game totally mutes when listening to audio elsewhere :( - this is a massive bummer as i love playing while listening to podcasts

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How good is Sunburst here? The experimenter in me wants to put in more top-end like a Mina or two, but I guess this shores up the Nasus matchup. Is the 5/4 nightfall stun too expensive?
The 5 mana Stun card is surprisingly clunky to use in this deck. Shockingly enough I would much rather use the 5 mana Zeebles card to tech against aggro decks and have an elusive blocker over Cloven and I don't even think Zeebles is that good of a card to include. The new 2 mana card usually fulfills a similar role anyway.

Mina is great in this deck if the meta allows for it. Putting Zenith Blade on her can win the game too.

Sunburst is a card that I think people always underrate. It's not great in an aggro meta but in a midrange or control meta its great. This deck is lacking in spot removals so this fits the bill well in between the stuff you can Invoke from Priestess and Starshaping. And yea it can kill a big Nasus, They Who Endure, Tryndamere, Anivia, 8 mana Celestial or the jank buff decks that people like to run with Taric etc. Feel free to swap it with Hush though if you feel it can be a bit clunky. I kinda wished it pierced Spell Block though, that would have made it excellent.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The mythical Frozen Thrall deck:

Frozen-Thralls-lor-deck-c28qmis1busjq3bddus0.png

Uses Predict and some Advance landmark tools to get a bunch of Frozen Thralls out quicker. Stoneweaving at 2 mana guarantees a Frozen Thrall. Obviously this deck isn't going to be that good but this is better than what it was last expansion.

Updated Mono Shurima deck:

Mono-Shurima-lor-deck-c28qsbis6kh5kfj5vieg.png

This feels MUCH better than before. There is now much more protection in this deck thanks to Scrying Sands (I used to run Quick Sand here but I will take the cheaper combat trick plus Predict) and Soothsayer. Soothsayer protecting Sun Disc is big because it means they would require multiple landmark removals. Giving spell shield to the champions is big too in this deck as you need them alive to level up Sun Disc.

Leveling up Azir has always been easy, it was leveling up Renekton that was hard. You could either put in the Renekton Vulnerable package or Ascendant's Rise 7 mana card which is a pretty bad card that you don't want to run other than to cheat level Renekton. With Mercless Hunter in, I can now skip putting in Exhausts and just make a stronger tempo play curving in Renekton. More importantly... Clock Hand allows you to not need to level up Renekton to flip Sun Disc as long as you level up Azir before putting down Clock Hand (which is easy to do even in this low follower deck). If they destroy Sun Disc some way then Clock Hand can still give two random countdown landmarks that might help in the late game so its not a completely bricked card like Ascendant's Rise.

Tier 3 viable, wish it had better access to healing. Devoted Councilman is a pretty mediocre card.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
looking at the roadmap, we should be seeing champion skins this month

Lil Peanut Brotha - is that still the plan?

i wonder if it can be datamined tomorrow - stoked to see how skins work

also - where is the best place to inquire about a bug?

iOS 14.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max - the game used to let me play outside audio (music, podcasts) while playing in-game sfx but now the game totally mutes when listening to audio elsewhere :( - this is a massive bummer as i love playing while listening to podcasts
Uh….We are working on it 🤫 (I'm always bad about knowing how much info to share so I usually keep my mouth shut haha)

as for bugs,
discord.gg

Join the Legends of Runeterra Discord Server!

Welcome to the Riot partnered Legends of Runeterra discord! Discuss card play, strategies and find pals to connect with. | 29620 members
Jump in the offices discord in the bugs Channel. Also for feedback you want the devs to hear!

Oct 27, 2017
Chip guardian - finally not furries. Good
Both emotes - 3.6: not great, not terrible.
Missing Malphite Emote - Sad Panda

Maybe the Season Pass at the end of the month is going to have the missing malphite stuff: Emotes/Card Back/Maybe even Rock-Board. Or if it isn't rock, at least the tranquil Ionia plane.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Struggling to come up with a decent Malphite deck. Feels like Taliyah again. Only Eye of Ro landmark makes Malphite considerable but without it he is very hard to level and thus not worth running.

The best I can think of is that Daybreak Yasuo deck I posted before only I run 3 Eye of Ro landmarks, Blue Sentinels and one copy of Malphite.

Last edited: