• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah I would've done Hecarim as a 3/6 and Kalista as a 2/4 personally

I guess they just assume we'll still have a Rekindler to revive them

Oct 27, 2017
Hurray:
• Hecarim got nerfed hard
• Rekindler touched, still needs effect on Play
• Those mageseeker cards were useless before, now seem playable
• Kalista's power remains to be seen

Here is what I got from the Lvl 11 vault:
bvK8nSN.png

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Some alright changes but I feel like there's way too much focus on some regions and not enough on others, especially in terms of buffs. Most the SI stuff is going to be pretty helpful, but I don't get why they went after Black Spear instead of Frenzied Skitterer. Black Spear is definitely extremely good but SI's big point is their good removal and fragile creatures, and they've highlighted that Skitterer is a problem card twice now. But they choose to leave Skitterer as is while nerfing the removal spell.

The big question mark though is the complete lack of Noxus buffs. While Noxus is far from unplayable, it's definitely the region that has had the lowest number of viable decks and the least amount of experimentation so far. There's Spiders, various forms of Noxus+P&Z aggro, and Ashe, and that's largely it outside of meme decks that aren't really close to all the meta decks in terms of power.. Almost all their decks are aggro or midrange, which makes them feel like a pretty one-note region. I can understand the Crowd Favorite nerf, but it's kinda annoying that Demacia, a region that has tons of viable decks and strategies already, got 4 buffs/reworks and no direct nerfs while Noxus gets one card changed and it's a nerf. Also I can't help but feel like Elusives got off extremely easy this patch, various elusive builds have pretty much since the open beta always had a deck in tier 1 and they get one nerf on a card that only some of the lists even ran. Elusives were able to shrug off far more significant nerfs last patch, so I'm expecting them to still be one of the best decks in the game given that they're mostly untouched with some of their biggest competition getting hit pretty hard.

Also I really hate the Kalista rework. I feel like her unevolved form is extremely generic, she evolves with the exact same criteria as Lucian (minus Senna) and very similarly to Thresh, and her ability gained on evolution feels kinda like a combination of Hecarim (summoning ephemeral stuff on attack) and Thresh. (summoning a specific unit on attack) Maybe the worst thing though is that they basically are admitting that the original changes that dumpstered her in the first place were mostly unnecessary because they legit just brought back the exact same mechanic that they said was too complicated before. I guess it's a little better now because the partnered unit will always attack after her now, but it's still not a great look. I feel like she's not very unique, she doesn't really capture her League gameplay at all, and she's also not really particularly flavorful with her lore either.

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the reddit patch note graphic:
ch0vwopkg2n41.jpg

Perhaps Shadow Isles are getting one too many nerfs?

Regardless:
• cow crap is not going to be so annoying.
• chump wump deserved nerfing
• Pack mentality is no longer a meme-card but the actual finisher/win-condition for the tribal decks

Shadow Assassin remains the most obnoxious card because it is too efficient.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Now pack mentality won't be countered by them killing the minion I buffed! Thank you! First time it happened to me was so irritating.
Poro snax buff is pretty huge! In my deck with the 1/1 poros who create another one, plus the 1 mana copy. It's has to be one of the bigger stats buffs per mana.

Time to optimize the deck and stop fooling around in bronze.

Overall seems like some good and fun changes.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The big question mark though is the complete lack of Noxus buffs. While Noxus is far from unplayable, it's definitely the region that has had the lowest number of viable decks and the least amount of experimentation so far. There's Spiders, various forms of Noxus+P&Z aggro, and Ashe, and that's largely it outside of meme decks that aren't really close to all the meta decks in terms of power.. Almost all their decks are aggro or midrange, which makes them feel like a pretty one-note region. I can understand the Crowd Favorite nerf, but it's kinda annoying that Demacia, a region that has tons of viable decks and strategies already, got 4 buffs/reworks and no direct nerfs while Noxus gets one card changed and it's a nerf. Also I can't help but feel like Elusives got off extremely easy this patch, various elusive builds have pretty much since the open beta always had a deck in tier 1 and they get one nerf on a card that only some of the lists even ran. Elusives were able to shrug off far more significant nerfs last patch, so I'm expecting them to still be one of the best decks in the game given that they're mostly untouched with some of their biggest competition getting hit pretty hard.
I'm not particularly concerned about Noxus for a few reasons:
- It's meant to be only an aggro or midrange class. It's red. They don't do control, and it's fine, not every region should cover every archetype.
- Despite it being the least played region in constructed, it's the strongest in draft (although now I'd say that's probably Demacia, but those two are easily the top).
- Not every region needs to be top tier every expansion. At low levels Noxus is very strong. It's probably the best 'cheap' decks that new players can make week one. You can put any region with Noxus and it's a tier 3 aggro.
- It's intended to be one-note/low experimentation. That's the role it fills. The simple, easy to understand region for new players. It does the job it's designed for.

e: also no nerfs is a form of buffs. Noxus' one nerf was small and won't kill any archetypes. As the tier 1s drop, the tier 2s and 3s rise. Noxus still benefits.

Last edited:

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
havent played in awhile, might come back to try out mageseekers and/or kalista.

wish this game had raids like Hearthstone PvE, hope they are indeed working on it

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh that's cute, on mobile you get a notification when your vault is ready to unlock.

My level 12 was great. Pulled four epics (a wildcard, Tianna, Judgment and Harrowing) plus a Yasuo. And 2000 shards on top of that. That's nearly three champions with the token.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's cute, on mobile you get a notification when your vault is ready to unlock.

My level 12 was great. Pulled four epics (a wildcard, Tianna, Judgment and Harrowing) plus a Yasuo. And 2000 shards on top of that. That's nearly three champions with the token.
my 11 vault was pathetic lol
Fz3jXpZ.png

no purple or orange :(

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
2 Epics & Hecarim in my Vault. By my estimations, I'm maybe a month or so away from having a full playset of set 1. That shit is wild.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Maybe this will be the first vault I pull a champion from despite getting level 12 in the first week and level 13 in every week after :(

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
- It's meant to be only an aggro or midrange class. It's red. They don't do control, and it's fine, not every region should cover every archetype.
- Despite it being the least played region in constructed, it's the strongest in draft (although now I'd say that's probably Demacia, but those two are easily the top).
- Not every region needs to be top tier every expansion. At low levels Noxus is very strong. It's probably the best 'cheap' decks that new players can make week one. You can put any region with Noxus and it's a tier 3 aggro.
- It's intended to be one-note/low experimentation. That's the role it fills. The simple, easy to understand region for new players. It does the job it's designed for.

e: also no nerfs is a form of buffs. Noxus' one nerf was small and won't kill any archetypes. As the tier 1s drop, the tier 2s and 3s rise. Noxus still benefits.
Seriously no.

You are overlooking how complicated it takes to make crimson units and Katerina in general to work.

Noxus is mostly straightforward but there are specific tools that are complicated. You can even build aggro control that decimates other aggro decks.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Seriously no.

You are overlooking how complicated it takes to make crimson units and Katerina in general to work.

Noxus is mostly straightforward but there are specific tools that are complicated. You can even build aggro control that decimates other aggro decks.
Are you confusing complicated with not good? They're the weakest archetypes in Noxus and they're still aggressive, they just aren't nearly as efficient as the Aggro package. "Aggro control" is called midrange and Demacia absolutely thrashes Noxus in that department.

The good Crimson tools are the 2 cost ones where you're not overly considered about specific synergy and just want extra damage. I mean I guess there's an argument for buffing that archetype, but it also means other regions taking a hit to close that gap.

Like it just reminds me of when they tried to give tall units to Hunter in Hearthstone. Anything other than aggro or very fast midrange was pointless in that class. Which is fine. Nobody is clamoring to give Freljord early fearsome drops.

Last edited:

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Are you confusing complicated with not good? They're the weakest archetypes in Noxus and they're still aggressive, they just aren't nearly as efficient as the Aggro package. "Aggro control" is called midrange and Demacia absolutely thrashes Noxus in that department.

The good Crimson tools are the 2 cost ones where you're not overly considered about specific synergy and just want extra damage. I mean I guess there's an argument for buffing that archetype, but it also means other regions taking a hit to close that gap.

Like it just reminds me of when they tried to give tall units to Hunter in Hearthstone. Anything other than aggro or very fast midrange was pointless in that class. Which is fine. Nobody is clamoring to give Freljord early fearsome drops.

Nah. Demacia don't look nearly as good as Katerina control.

As for crimson arch types the point about them not being good is somewhat muddled when frankly a lot of arch types have issues.

Yetis are fairly clunky.
Scarthane are generally good on a per unit basis but their one drops are in a weird place and the scarthane are very one dimensional in options.
I like mageseekers but most people clearly don't.
Poros despite having a ton of tools have fallen short of being great.
Etc etc.

Only Spiders and Elites don't have inherent issues while offering a ton of options.

Crimson arch types are ok. Regardless their inherent design makes them more complicated to use even if they got pure raw stats buffs across the board.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017

Red is able to do control in Magic, and literally every other region in the game has a variety of deck styles that they can play. It's not even that Noxus isn't supposed to work in a control-style deck, it's that it isn't good enough at it because there are clearly cards designed for control in Noxus. Noxus being one-note and having limited deckbuilding options is not a feature, it's something that should be fixed.

Reddit did a survey right before the balance patch hit, with one of the questions being for players to rank each region based on how much they enjoy building with. Not only was Noxus in last place, but the gap from Noxus to 5th place was larger than the gap from 5th place to 1st. There was recently a Korean invitational tournament where people had to bring 3 decks and they couldn't use the same region twice. Especially before they banned Rekindler due to a bug and forced people to make new decks, there was a really massive struggle to figure out what to do with Noxus because it really could only be paired with two of the five other regions (SI and P&Z) and pairing them with either meant that you couldn't take other extremely powerful decks. There were a lot of players that simply did not bring a deck with Noxus at all, and at least before the Rekindler ban it was the only region that was left out of any player's lineup.

Noxus being good in expedition isn't irrelevant but a lot of people don't care about the mode outside of the two free trials they get every week, and since I already have all the champions I don't play the mode at all anymore. The big reason why I feel like Noxus is such a problem is because the rest of the regions are in a pretty good spot, with a wide variety of different decks and region combinations that they can go for.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Even more datamining has happened, a TON of new card titles were found including 24 (!) champions currently not in the game. From what I can tell, each pre-existing region looks like they well have 2 new champs that are associated with them and the new regions (which it looks like there might be 2 of) will be getting 6 champs as well, so it looks like an absolutely colossal update. That will literally double the amount of champs in the game. Once again, just because their names have popped up here does not mean that they're guaranteed to show up in the next content update, but most the additions seem like they make quite a bit of sense so consider this a decently likely rumor and not conformation that these champs will be added next. Here are the new champs (including some that have already shown up in datamining) tied into the region that I'm guessing they'll be a part of and a short description of their character and general playstyle in league:

New region: Targon. Cosmic region based on the sun and moon, lots of super powerful beings born and live there.

Aurelon Sol: Space dragon who creates stars. Also shoots a giant laser
AurelionSol_0.jpg

Diana: Moon worshiping outcast. Chases after people
latest

Leona: Sun worshiping vanguard. Has crazy amounts of crowd control
Leona_0.jpg

Taric: Guy who has gems. Heals and protects allies while stunning enemies
Taric_0.jpg

Zoe: Spirit of mischief who acts like and possesses the body of a child. Can put people to sleep and go through portals
latest

Soraka: Goat thing that heals a lot
Soraka_0.jpg

New region: Bilgewater
Already gone through 4 of the champs (Twisted Fate, Gangplank, Nautilus, and Fizz), so here's the other 2:

Miss Fortune: Pirate captain who hates Gangplank and killed him. Uses two pistols to shoot things
latest

Tahm Kench: Demon who eats stuff
TahmKench_0.jpg

Next are the 2 champions for the currently existing regions:

Demacia
Shyvana: Half dragon who saved Demacia's king's life. Can transform into a dragon
Shyvana_0.jpg

Quinn: Demacian scout who has a bird named Valor that helps her and is also probably the reincarnation of her dead brother
Quinn_0.jpg

Noxus
Swain: Noxus' main leader who overthrew the previous leader. Has a demon inside him that he uses to transform
Swain_0.jpg

Riven? Used to be a Noxian soldier but has defected because the previous regime used chemical weapons. Has a broken sword that becomes reforged
Riven_0.jpg

Piltover and Zaun
Vi: Hotheaded officer for Piltover. Has giant gauntlets to punch things
Vi_0.jpg

Viktor: Guy obsessed with technology and human augmentation. Can create upgrades for himself
Viktor_0.jpg

Freljord
Sejuani: Already has tons of references in-game. The leader of the Winter's Claw, one of the major factions in Freljord. Rides a boar and freezes stuff
Sejuani_0.jpg

Trundle: Troll king who is allied with a 3rd faction besides Ashe's and Sejuani's. Smacks people and creates a giant ice pillar
Trundle_0.jpg

Shadow Isles
Maokai: Angry treant who hates stuff from the Shadow Isles for destroying nature. Can create saplings
Maokai_0.jpg

Nocturne?: Not related to Shadow Isles but is evil I guess? Nightmare demon who can induce paranoia in his victims
Nocturne_0.jpg

Ionia
Lee Sin: Already showed him off

Lulu?: Yordle who has a faerie friend named Pix and doesn't really fit with any region so by default she's probably going to Ionia. Can do various enchanter things

All of the champs were pulled from this thread. There's also a bunch of card names too:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully full release on mobile and this expansion isn't too far off. Hoping there's some additional champions that open up unique wincons/archetypes.

etiira

Oct 25, 2017
So Brood Awakening going to 5 mana turned me off of Lux/Elise for now, but that's not going to stop me from messing with off-kilter Lux builds! Here's my new Lux/Kat late-mid/control brew, aka "Laser Pointer".

I'm running a Demacian unit package filled with challenger and unit longevity to keep your board wide, with Bannermen and Dawnspeakers/challenger to keep it big. Back to Back/Reckoning/Remembrance is your core Lux/Persuader package, although Lux is supplemented with Barriers, Single Combat, and Purify to help her control the board. Kat comes in late to overwhelm, after Lux clears the way.

CEAQUAIAAECB2HZBFAUSUMRWAIBACAZKGUBACAA2EAAQEAIABISQ

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
All of the audio files that were added in the most recent update have been uploaded onto the main Lol wiki. I'm listening through them now, there's so many of them though it's basically the entire audio for all the cards. I'll edit in anything interesting I find, the first thing though is that Aurelon Sol has a completely new voice actor:

Audio

This is the best line by far, it's an interaction between Nocturne and Zoe: link

Edits:
Riven's adoptive family is being added? They're tracking her down after she left.
Bjerg's called Deranged Hermit in one of the cards.
Diana has a completely new voice actor. She's WAY less angry and way more wise-sounding.
Fizz has new actor, somewhat similar voice to the original. New lines are more playful.
Gangplank has a card called Enforce Morale. I think this might be a reference to his original kit where he killed an ally minion for a team buff.
It looks like there's going to be dragon stuff in multiple regions. All of the ___ of the Dragon cards seem to be themed to Lee Sin. Lee and Fizz also have a ton of interactions for some reason, maybe they synergize with each other.
Leona also has a new actor.
Lulu has a new actor. Same basic personality.
Maokai has a new actor? He's basically the same personality.
Miss Fortune has a new actor. Surprisingly despite the massive change to her lore she still sounds fairly similar to her League version.
Nautilus has a new actor. Again same kind of deal.
Quinn new VA. She has a lot of interactions with Bilgewater cards.
Rowrbot has way too many cat puns.
They have an ursine in the game. Maybe setting things up for Volibear to be added later after his League rework?

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Been a couple of days, how're people feeling about the Kalista changes? She's certainly a lot more intuitive now, and feels pretty strong in any given Ephemeral shell. Having her bonded creature soak damage for her makes her a much stronger recursion engine.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Been a couple of days, how're people feeling about the Kalista changes? She's certainly a lot more intuitive now, and feels pretty strong in any given Ephemeral shell. Having her bonded creature soak damage for her makes her a much stronger recursion engine.
I still haven't played with her. I should
i've just been running spider decks in expedition :P

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm really struggling to like Expeditions anymore. It's not a well crafted draft format, and the reduced XP gain is really not worth it. Games can drag. You can play for an hour and get less than 500XP.

e: also just got rolled twice by P&Z with Teemo and Quick Shots galore lmao they're really good anti-aggro in expeditions

Last edited:

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I've crafted a bunch of the popular decks from the mobalytics deck library, and they're all pretty fun to play. It shows me that every champ has some fun and creative options to win games.

In the 29 decks I tried, the champ that lost 2/2 times was Vladimir. Anybody have success with any Vlad decks?

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
I've crafted a bunch of the popular decks from the mobalytics deck library, and they're all pretty fun to play. It shows me that every champ has some fun and creative options to win games.

In the 29 decks I tried, the champ that lost 2/2 times was Vladimir. Anybody have success with any Vlad decks?
I tried out a Vlad / Crimson style deck with Braum and defense buffs that was pretty fun; you can get like endless units out of the Crimson Curator, especially by using surprise defense buffs at the right times to keep them alive for even a round or two.

Last night I had an insane comeback where I had 2 hp, they were at 20, turn 9. they made a brutal attack and I defended so that I would survive with just Lux and karma and make it to turn 10 barely. Then I dusk till dawn and get 2 more karmas (they tried to deny me and fizzled one lol), which gave me a final spark, and then unloaded on their weakest units and 20-0'd them just in time. WHEW (it was ranked too)

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Brightsteel formation is so fucking broken with Lux/Garen I'm running now (basically a midrange version of the Heimer/Lux deck).

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I tried out a Vlad / Crimson style deck with Braum and defense buffs that was pretty fun; you can get like endless units out of the Crimson Curator, especially by using surprise defense buffs at the right times to keep them alive for even a round or two.

Last night I had an insane comeback where I had 2 hp, they were at 20, turn 9. they made a brutal attack and I defended so that I would survive with just Lux and karma and make it to turn 10 barely. Then I dusk till dawn and get 2 more karmas (they tried to deny me and fizzled one lol), which gave me a final spark, and then unloaded on their weakest units and 20-0'd them just in time. WHEW (it was ranked too)

I would have been pretty impressed if somebody pulled that comeback on me, Lol.

I haven't tried Vlad/Braum but that seems like it will work for the reasons you said! Thanks

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
So some new news regarding removing the weekly caps for cards, improving weekly rewards and more just announced:

playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Great stuff all around. I checked and I did stockpile a lot of resources: 23k shards, 6 champions wildcards , 5 epics , 37 uncommons and 95 commons. This with a fairly healthy collection already.

There is only one concern, expeditions will probably be abandoned by most players. I still like the mode but it's flawed. It takes too long and the choices many times are made for us. Last few weeks only played them for the champion and even then only mustered one per week.
If my prediction realizes itself I hope they address this mode.

What will become of progression once you unlock the entire collection?
You're set for the next expansion with all them resources. Imagine being able to craft everything day 1.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Great stuff all around. I checked and I did stockpile a lot of resources: 23k shards, 6 champions wildcards , 5 epics , 37 uncommons and 95 commons. This with a fairly healthy collection already.

There is only one concern, expeditions will probably be abandoned by most players. I still like the mode but it's flawed. It takes too long and the choices many times are made for us. Last few weeks only played them for the champion and even then only mustered one per week.
If my prediction realizes itself I hope they address this mode.

You're set for the next expansion with all them resources. Imagine being able to craft everything day 1.

On the other hand, this will give them more data to improve Expeditions. People who only played Expeditions because of the champion will probably stop playing for a while.

I'm cautious on the change for the progression, the issues they intent to address are real. But I'm unsure how I feel about the change. I guess we need to test it out. Just like with the current progression. I guess it's cool they're willing to make such a radical change, and sort this out before fully releasing the game.

The progression system won't probably ever be perfect, but yeah something would have had to change once the new set was released.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
But we already have pretty much full collections, or on track to complete them shortly.

What will become of progression once you unlock the entire collection?

It sounds like we'll have 2 more Regions & 2 champions per existing region coming in.

I also saw some weird thing called 'Season Region Road' - it may have been a bug, but I think it's laying ground work for a cosmetic battle pass like TFT to drop XP into.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, death to expeditions.

Sounds like they really didn't think through what happens with the next set or how players are supposed to catch up.

Also bots, bots, bots.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm actually really fucking annoyed that I played expeditions daily since launch - more than constructed - and got to the point of consistently hitting 6-7 wins so I could earn champions nicely and now I've lost that. Fix the mode, don't make it unplayable.

I'm fine with the other changes but this feels like a "we don't know what to do with expeditions" move. Just make it proper draft ugh

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Did they really have to butcher expeditions? Really?
yeah.....

"
Entry is 2000 Shards or 200 Coins. Combined with the Token in level 2 Vaults, those who love the mode will be able to play Expeditions more easily and less expensively. (Note that rewards have been reduced to compensate, and the guaranteed random champion has been moved to the Vault. Additionally, you'll be reimbursed some of the value lost from existing Tokens in your inventory, and Expeditions started before the change goes live will receive the previous set of rewards.)
"

the removing of the champ hurts a lot to the value of expeditions, and given what they posted it means that you now are only guaranteed 2 champs a week (one you choose and one you don't) compared to the 3 randoms you could get from the expedition (granted they cost shards to do the second two but still)

like... removing the champ alone should have been enough of a reduction to get the expedition down to 2k shards. I'm afraid to see what else they killed rewards wise for them.

I still don't understand why expedition matches only give you a 100 exp for wins as it is.

I'm actually really fucking annoyed that I played expeditions daily since launch - more than constructed - and got to the point of consistently hitting 6-7 wins so I could earn champions nicely and now I've lost that. Fix the mode, don't make it unplayable.

I'm fine with the other changes but this feels like a "we don't know what to do with expeditions" move. Just make it proper draft ugh

I've played maybe 10 constructed matches total. I get almost all my exp from daily quests and expeditions. The harder they make it to get exp from expeditions the more likely I say screw it and just do my dailies for the level 5 vault for the random champ and call it good.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
They clearly made the progression even better, but they need to salvage Expedition as a result.

Still, this is by far the best digital card game. Also, that feel when you make someone surrender on turn 3 in ranked lol

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
RIP slow meta. You were incredibly unique and a lot of fun, but it was clearly going to be unsustainable, I suppose.

As a consistent 5-7 wins expedition player, I'm bummed about the change BUT I'd be totally ok with if the trade-off was to help newer players.

The new progression changes don't really do that. Unlimited XP is nice, but 200xp a win when vault level 14+ takes (assumed) 4000xp is 20 wins for a 3 rares and 2 commons with some nominal upgrade chance. That's... some serious grind. Putting the random champ at lv5 is nice, but it's not like lv10 was hard to reach even for the most casual of player.

So overall, it feels like a nerf to the top-end (not entirely undeserved) for little gain in the bottom end. There are feel good improvements by shuffling rewards earlier and allowing you to choose your champion so time-to-deck is improved, but total time to collect is roughly unchanged. Or worse since even casuals can't play 3 expeditions a week for champs.

the removing of the champ hurts a lot to the value of expeditions, and given what they posted it means that you now are only guaranteed 2 champs a week (one you choose and one you don't) compared to the 3 randoms you could get from the expedition (granted they cost shards to do the second two but still)
I have bad news for you, my friend. The champ wildcard in the vault replaces the random champion. You get 1 guaranteed a week.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
I was bored and did some math, assuming that literally every common and rare in the 0 win Expedition capsule gives shards rather than being a useful card, the average amount of shards you're going to get once you factor in upgrade chances is about 2200 shards. It's way more swingy than before because if you don't roll a 2nd epic or get either the epic in the capsule or the capsule itself to upgrade then you lose quite a bit but over time it should even out and be value positive even if you don't get wins. Some of the top end rewards are a bit worse in the new system I believe (7 wins is an average of 5135 shards worth in the new system vs 7899 in the old one, which is about 2/3rds of the value which lines up considering that the cost to entry is 2/3rds as much too) but unless you're consistently pulling 6-7 win runs for 3 expeditions a week the extra Champion wildcard should more than make up for what you are losing in the new system, and if you are consistently pulling 6-7 win runs then I'm guessing you probably already have or are close to having a complete collection anyway.