• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really can't fucking win lately and it's making the game suck. Playing a 15 spell deck and I drew 6 of them in the first four turns, I'm just bricked out for the first four turns.

Everyone's playing anti-elusives too now lol

e: does Normal matchmaking have a secret MMR, because I just realized my Normal games are waaaaaaay harder than my low Ranked matches
I lost my first 5 expedition matches today.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
As to your MMR comments: That would be interesting... ranked should be more aligned, right?
Well I'm still quite low ranked because I don't usually play constructed, but Hearthstone worked with secret MMR. I started the game by winning a whole bunch of Normal matches but not really any Ranked so that might explain it?

I lost my first 5 expedition matches today.
I've been there, bruuuuutal

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
What's the consensus? I like Gwent a lot, and Played Hearthstone until I couldnt keep up wit the expansions.

Is MTGA easy to get into/inexpensive if I dont pay for MTX? It seems like the best game but I thought Magic sucked digitally

Magic will always have a soft spot with me and Arena is good... however, basically this:

Play this instead - the depth of Magic, the consumer-friendliness of Gwent, the polish of Hearthstone!

Magic can be awkward online, and this streamlines the best MtG systems extremely well for digital.

I think Arena is going to expect you to pay to make competitive decks, but so far Runeterra seems to not really require that at all, but it also feels like Magic without being Magic.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
wait I went 9-4 today, that's not bad at all, I think I'm just remembering the losses a lot more than the wins lol

Mobalytics deck tracker is handy folks

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is everyone having that weird bug where a quest about attacking with cards from a regions fills itself with decks from totally different regions?

I was playing a noxus and Ionia deck vs a Ionia and P&Z deck, for some reason at the end I got that I attacked with 2 units from Demacia... madness

Last edited:

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
Cliz7Jn.png

DOUBLE 7'S baby! dream achieved!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
is everyone having that weird bug where a quest about attacking with cards from a regions fills itself with decks from totally different regions?

I was playing a noxus and Ionia deck vs a Ionia and P&Z deck, for some reason at the end I got that I attacked with 2 units from Demacia... madness
Yeah I had attack with Ionia units and it wasn't registering every attack. It does seem bugged.

Cliz7Jn.png

DOUBLE 7'S baby! dream achieved!
R I G G E D

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
i gave into the dark side and crafted a fearsome aggro list with the champ wc i'd been hanging onto because i was tired of taking an hour and a half to finish all my daily wins. alas it will be some time before i can build the heimer control deck i dream of.

otoh pretty nice finishing matches in 5 minutes instead of 15-20 lol

edit: also pls send some hecarims my way, i wanna do degenerate ephemeral stuff but i can't do it without him orz

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i gave into the dark side and crafted a fearsome aggro list with the champ wc i'd been hanging onto because i was tired of taking an hour and a half to finish all my daily wins. alas it will be some time before i can build the heimer control deck i dream of.

otoh pretty nice finishing matches in 5 minutes instead of 15-20 lol

edit: also pls send some hecarims my way, i wanna do degenerate ephemeral stuff but i can't do it without him orz

I need Hec so badly, I have atleast one of every other shadow isles champ but him and he's in so many lists.

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
So, I completed Demacia and unlocked the last reward...

eWCtiPY.png

oAyvem4.png

qFQZhOy.png

😭

That's pretty much what you should expect from a Diamond chest. The odds of you getting one champion in 3 Diamond chests is around 1 in 3, so opening one in a single chest is pretty unlikely. 1 epic is pretty average, you only got 1 upshifted rarity, but you also got 2 wildcards which is above average. The only thing that might be particularly outlandish is all the duplicate commons you got, but I'm guessing you already had a ton of them since you got a bunch from getting to 20 plus whatever else you'd already crafted.

The one thing I will say though is that I have no clue why Diamond chests are the final region reward since they aren't very good. Even something like swapping the Diamond chest with the Champ Wildcard at 19 would make way more sense.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
So Dawn and Dusk on Ashe is pretty neat. I was in a massive lead in expeditions and got 20-to-0'd with a full board of blockers with that combo.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I got really lucky with a random epic capsule.. when I opened it the capsule became a champ capsule with a Wild Champion card and Kalista.

I was shook.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
The ease of getting meta decks, and the variety of decks so early on is really making this game stick with me. Even if my time with it seems to go up and down.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want them to polish more the way we open chests and other rewards, something aa simple as making rewards reveal themselves upon clicking them goes a long way. Makes anticipation.

As it is right now I just remembered I oppened a Fiora in my weekly vault, but it happened so very uneventful it just went right over my head.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I kind of want them to polish more the way we open chests and other rewards, something aa simple as making rewards reveal themselves upon clicking them goes a long way. Makes anticipation.

As it is right now I just remembered I oppened a Fiora in my weekly vault, but it happened so very uneventful it just went right over my head.
I really want them to keep the slotmachine gacha lightshow to a minimum

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
They should let you click to inspect the cards when opening the chests. Currently when you click on a card when seeing your rewards, it just take as a "Click to continue" so it actually takes you back to the menu/region screen.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
They should let you click to inspect the cards when opening the chests. Currently when you click on a card when seeing your rewards, it just take as a "Click to continue" so it actually takes you back to the menu/region screen.
YES PLS.

I won a game with my janky Freljord/Piltover midrange with Trynd on the topend vs a full-blown Shadow Freljord Ramp deck with 3x Anivia and 3x Trynd. Basically my nightmare matchup. At his 10m (which was my 7), he plopped down She Who Shall Not Be Named. I was waiting for this moment. Spent my 7m + 2 spell mana to burst freeze his board INCLUDING She Who Shall Not Be Named. He wipes his own board, leaving us in a Trynd faceoff on my t8. I manage to squeak out a 1hp win by sending my Mystic Shots and Get Excited straight to the face.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
YES PLS.

I won a game with my janky Freljord/Piltover midrange with Trynd on the topend vs a full-blown Shadow Freljord Ramp deck with 3x Anivia and 3x Trynd. Basically my nightmare matchup. At his 10m (which was my 7), he plopped down She Who Shall Not Be Named. I was waiting for this moment. Spent my 7m + 2 spell mana to burst freeze his board INCLUDING She Who Shall Not Be Named. He wipes his own board, leaving us in a Trynd faceoff on my t8. I manage to squeak out a 1hp win by sending my Mystic Shots and Get Excited straight to the face.
Holy shit, I can't believe I haven't thought to hold frostbites to turn she who wanders into she who self wipes lol... nice.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a good hand with Fiora just feels mean. Killing by turn 5 without ever so much looking at the enemy nexus.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
YES PLS.

12th level intellect right here

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Got to Silver last night playing a mix between Dawnspiders and my Teemo deck. This is one game where I actually feel like I can hit Masters as long as I keep at it, which is amazing.

This weekend, I am hitting gold.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm only on Bronze, I only play Constructed when I'm farming shards for expeditions heh. The idea of hitting Master (that's the highest right?) with Teemo? Now you're cooking with gas

Look I kind of get what you mean but this is the one game where opening chests isn't a mandatory slow gacha fuck you. It's nice just being straight up told when I'm getting. They're not trying to sell you on buying more.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really want them to keep the slotmachine gacha lightshow to a minimum
I'm only on Bronze, I only play Constructed when I'm farming shards for expeditions heh. The idea of hitting Master (that's the highest right?) with Teemo? Now you're cooking with gas

Look I kind of get what you mean but this is the one game where opening chests isn't a mandatory slow gacha fuck you. It's nice just being straight up told when I'm getting. They're not trying to sell you on buying more.

You know these things are still lootboxes right? More generous on giving for sure, but there is no mistake this is still a lootbox mechanic.

Making them lame doesn't make them better than something like HS, making them flashier gives them flavor. I mean right now opening a normal silver chest is as uneventful as opening a diamond chest. Making them more of an event doesn't neccesarily erase what they are doing in progression.

These kind of things are accross the board on the whole game, hopefully they polish it over time.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
You know these things are still lootboxes right? More generous on giving for sure, but there is no mistake this is still a lootbox mechanic.

Making them lame doesn't make them better than something like HS, making them flashier gives them flavor. I mean right now opening a normal silver chest is as uneventful as opening a diamond chest. Making them more of an event doesn't neccesarily erase what they are doing in progression.

These kind of things are accross the board on the whole game, hopefully they polish it over time.
Yes but they're not paid loot boxes, which was always the complaint. Real money gambling. The reason gacha loot is a huge event is because they're psychologically designed to be as exciting as possible to hook you in to buying more. Runeterra doesn't care about you buying more, hence it's less of an event. Unskippable booster animations suck over time (unlike champion level ups which rule).

if they add some flashy effects that you can skip that'd be fine, but it's very much a good thing to have some restraint.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017

Oh yeah Id have to stop playing my Teemo deck at some point and go full meta, but mixing it up with Teemo every now and then has actually been working since so many decks are focused around other decks at the moment.

Whats cool is I can play Teemo and not worry about dropping rank, so mixing it up doesnt penalize me.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
ranked floors are at tier level, not number level right?

like i can't drop from bronze to iron, but i can drop from iron 1 to iron 2

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
So we can all agree that this game with a few improvements on the rewards is going to be the future?

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
ranked floors are at tier level, not number level right?

like i can't drop from bronze to iron, but i can drop from iron 1 to iron 2

You're correct. The only protection you have inside a tier is that you won't go down from a division if you still have some LP when you start the game. Once you lost enough inside a division that you have 0 LP, next game you'll get demoted you if you lose.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people act like they're such tight competitors? I heard someone on a podcast ask if it was a bad thing that team fight tactics was doing better on twitch than LoR.

i get that they have a lot of overlap in fanbase, and they're both also like quasi-tabletop, but they're different genres! TFT is not going to kill lor or hearthstone any more than FFXIV is going to kill Destiny.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I am dead set on getting Ezreal and Heimerdinger. I have 0 currently but I HAVE to get them. So many of the decks I want to play use these heroes and they are all key components to them.

Completely anecdotal but it feels like the West didn't quite love auto chess like China does?

Maybe this is it because I feel like the Auto Chess bubble popped already. I could be completely wrong though. It just doesnt seem nearly as popular as it once was. However, its numbers on twitch are still solid and it seems like its solidified its audience, so what do I know?

I do feel that Runeterra isnt getting the amount of love that I thought it would on Twitch. When the key contests were going on during closed beta, Runeterra was reaching #1 consistently. After that, it hasnt really made it to the top.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people act like they're such tight competitors? I heard someone on a podcast ask if it was a bad thing that team fight tactics was doing better on twitch than LoR.

i get that they have a lot of overlap in fanbase, and they're both also like quasi-tabletop, but they're different genres! TFT is not going to kill lor or hearthstone any more than FFXIV is going to kill Destiny.

It comes up because Hearthstone numbers got hit hard in recent times, with auto chess playing a not too small role in it.

Hell, half of HS twitch numbers are for its own built-in auto chess and not for actual Hearthstone anymore.