• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I built the budget control deck and, if played properly, that deck does work. It's slow, but I didn't lose a match tonight with it. It just grinds opponents down. I've had opponents surrender when they have 10+ more health than I do when I don't even have lethal available. So many plays that had to infuriate whomever I was playing. Great little deck that I only had to use a few wildcards to make.

Feb 16, 2018
if i play 10 hours a week, how long will it take to get playsets of all the cards? (i don't care about cosmetics)

how long will it take if i dump $100 into the game?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
if i play 10 hours a week, how long will it take to get playsets of all the cards? (i don't care about cosmetics)

Maybe 3 months? Nobody knows exactly yet. They've said you should be able to finish a playset before the next set drops.

If you dump $100 into the game it'll still take you a month, probably more including gameplay, you have a limit of roughly $25 a week you can spend.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
So, a tip I've if you're playing against "Poromania" decks (like the last 2 games I just had). You only need to make sure to have a challenger unit that can kill any Poro with Overwhelm.

Doesn't matter if his super Poro is over 20/20 if he doesn't have overwhelm, you can block him and delay & build your own game.

I won doing that (with the default Demacian/Freljord deck) in the last 2 games, and in both his Poro was a fucking monster 20+ stats, too bad I used to play that in the Preview so I intentionally left 1/1, 2/1, 2/2, and the like just to block him once he got is poro going. You just tank the earlier 1 damage of the poros, lol.

So, a tip I've if you're playing against "Poromania" decks (like the last 2 games I just had). You only need to make sure to have a challenger unit that can kill any Poro with Overwhelm.

Doesn't matter if his super Poro is over 20/20 if he doesn't have overwhelm, you can block him and delay & build your own game.

I won doing that (with the default Demacian/Freljord deck) in the last 2 games, and in both his Poro was a fucking monster 20+ stats, too bad I used to play that in the Preview so I intentionally left 1/1, 2/1, 2/2, and the like just to block him once he got is poro going. You just tank the earlier 1 damage of the poros, lol.

If irc, where is no guarantee of a champion with the vault. You can get it with the Upgrade RNG. But in lvl 10 vault you get an Expedition token, and in Expedition you are guarantee a champion.

You can surrender the two games and conclude your Trials if you really don't want to play Expedition. At the end you do get more rewards, since everything else you get playing expedition (bonus experience, shards, etc) besides the champion is a plus.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
on a champion capsule, is it always just 1 champion or 2 or could it be more? just opened one and got 2 champions, wondered how are the odds of that.

also, max ammount of copies is 3 for everything, right? even champions?

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a surprising interaction with Augmented Experimenter that cost me the game. Apparently, the discard your hand and draw 3 is not a cost (makes sense because of the draw portion, but they could've split it out) and is instead part of the targeted effect. My opponent recalled the target and the entire effect fizzled, not just the damage portion.

I had this happen to me. Its moments like this I wish the game was a little more clear on how these interactions work.
This one in particular feels like a bug to me though. Because the 'draw' effect is on the ally not the resulting spell which is just damage.

Hoho

ZL2Onev.jpg

I had a similar-ish play earlier today,.. they drew that 'obliderate' spell and killed the entire field. That lucky bastard.

Seems like the only good ish answer to elusive buffs atm is going heavy into frostbite synergies. I expect to see a lot of ashe crafts on Tuesday to respond to its dominance so far.

So I've heard a lot of complaints about elusive.. which seems no real different to flying in Magic. What is it aboutMagic that means flying decks aren't out of hand in that game? Just curious.

Oct 27, 2017

If you decide that you need all champions, it is the same as wanting all Legendaries/Mythics in HS or MTG. Pointless. The resources to craft a few decks, as well as collect common/rare cards, are very generous.

Throwing $20 into the game would get you very close to full deck with 6 champs and other expensive cards.

Look, Pepitos. My expedition strategy is paying dividends. One expedition with 6 and 7 trials and nothing else after the reset:
PPDcbbX.png

Got heimerdinger, 3500 shards, 2 rare and 2 epic cards. If the weekly chests don't give me champions, I will beat them out of the expeditions myself.

Last edited:

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda early to pinpoint why it feels so strong so far but am guessing this game and how it was made, it does make the equivalent of "Flying" a lil bit stronger than we are used to.

A game with focus on creatures where removals are a on the expensive side, will make a creature that bypass creatures a thing that's harder to deal with,
As someone who's playing decks that leans more on the control side, I know this too well :/

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've heard a lot of complaints about elusive.. which seems no real different to flying in Magic. What is it aboutMagic that means flying decks aren't out of hand in that game? Just curious.

It's a little easier to counter flying in MTG. I expect they already have something in the works for this in the coming sets. Maybe a ward card that disables the elusive tag or something like that.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
One of my favorite things about this game, and I give them huge props for including this minor thing, but it's the ability to view the full card art at any time.

Some real beautiful stuff in there.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
One of my favorite things about this game, and I give them huge props for including this minor thing, but it's the ability to view the full card art at any time.

Some real beautiful stuff in there.
I'm torn between what's better, Runeterra's full art (sad it isn't 16:9 but close enough) or Gwent's beautifully animated cards.

elusive DOES get countered by challenger if you can kill them/wittle them down with your challenger cards
Great tech option, has won me games by letting me snipe elusives or control their board when I go for lethal (Burst especially useful for that).

01DE027.png

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Finished my initial go at a Fiora deck. Won the first game with her win con. But then I got a Yasuo randomly and decided to build around him in a control shell. Now I need two more copies of him.

I really do need to het my head around some of the interactions, but that's good. Some fun stuff to learn. It's been a while (beta HS) that a card game got it's claws in me like this one.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Lucian in my lv. 11 vault.
I also got the En Garde card above which is probably the bigger win for me. Sure it's only a rare, but saves me from having to craft it, lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yasuo being a control shell that also hits like a truck after he levels up is... very on brand.

Not going to be able to peek in my vault before work, but fingers crossed for some Karmas and Luxes. Really want to try out that spellslinger idea I had. Really just need one of each, I think, I can go for Teemo in that too as an alternate wincon.

Edit: Wait, no, shit, only 2 factions per deck I think. Ah well.

Still, I think Lux/Karma tempo/control that just pops off at level 10 could work. Lux brings Demacian spell creatures, Karma that Ionian control juice, then just kick their teeth in when Karma comes online with Lux's free spells.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Got a free diamond upgrade as well so ended up with 3 diamonds! got an Ashe :O Might make something with her and maybe Katarina...

Oct 27, 2017
Got my ass drilled on the second expedition today :( Fiora + Shen combo is really strong, Ellusive deck had no chance.

Still: Zed, 600 shards, a couple trash cards and over 1000XP.

Good: The game is great with the window mode. The game correctly scales and morphs on the fly.
Bad: Cannot reposition cards in hand. Definitely a must have feature because players like to arrange the cards by cost or type.

Last edited:

Strider

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Logged on this morning to see daily quests refreshed but I still have to wait another hour for the vault... That's annoying they don't sync up.

Pretty sure if I actually played and completed daily's, etc it wouldn't count towards next weeks vault either... At least that's what some folks on Reddit were saying happened to them. Hopefully they adjust this going forward but I'm sure they will. They've responded well to feedback so far.

But also I want to play but feel like I shouldn't for another 30 mins lol XD

Oct 25, 2017
I logged in today to find my vault unlocks at about 6:40AM (weird time). Played until then, got my rewards ... then it said my next vault unlocked in 12 minutes. So I played around and got another vault unlocked. Is something fucky going on?

edit: now it's saying my next vault is in 10 minutes again...

Oct 25, 2017
So after the 3rd vault unlock this morning it finally is saying it unlocks on Tuesday.

s'pose I'll take the 6 free bronze chest. Checked the subreddit and saw at least two other people were having the same '''issue'''

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't really feeling this with the first couple beta flights, but have been giving it more time with the open beta and I'm really coming around on it. There's still some things I really don't think feels good, but I'm liking the overall flow.

I mainly dislike how spells work. Between the spell mana, the constant back and forth, the play of spells in general can just be annoying and not really fun at all.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Bad: Cannot reposition cards in hand. Definitely a must have feature because players like to arrange the cards by cost or type.
Yes, this is a good idea. I would also like it if the game highlighted if the other player is looking through their hand. It would help show that they are not afk.

1949 shards 27/12/3, various wildcards, and the draft coin for a Level 11 Vault. I really thought you got a Champion for Level 10 and above as it has the card on the side in the graphic (wait now the graphic shows the coin--I guess I was looking at a previous one?). Oh, well. I can get one through Expeditions.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a really annoying bug in the collection manager where I can't see how many copies I have of some cards...

since I bought yesterday the starter bundle all the cards I have been getting through the regions rewards and the vault aren't displaying me any number

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just had another one of those amazing moments where I had just the right cards at the right time to end up winning.

Opponent put down a 5/5, 6/6 and 3/3 card that would have simply overwhelmed my defenses but I let him attack, blocked and then had a "frostbite 2 enemies" and another "frostbite an enemy" card on hand. put them all down to 0 power and had a 5/2 to kill his 5/5 and a 3/3 of my own to kill his.
Now for the 6/6? I had the wolf that kills any unit it attacks that has 0 power :D
Killed all three and once I had the attack again immediately went for it and won.

Feels SO good, damn.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I have a really annoying bug in the collection manager where I can't see how many copies I have of some cards...

since I bought yesterday the starter bundle all the cards I have been getting through the regions rewards and the vault aren't displaying me any number

Do you mean no numbers at all? Because if you've got a full playset of something the number also disappears. That's what I found out after trying to craft a certain card for a couple times.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I was having this issue yesterday. I opened an Elise from a pack and collection was showing I only had one Elise even though you start with 2 already.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean no numbers at all? Because if you've got a full playset of something the number also disappears. That's what I found out after trying to craft a certain card for a couple times.
that's... really unintuitive, yeah it seems to be happening only on complete sets of cards, really annoying because that's no way to know if I have a full set.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Got a couple more tutorials done before work today. I need more of this game in my veins, lol

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
My lv13 vault supposedly gave me 4 epics and no champions. ....But I screenshotted every reward and looking back, I actually got 1 epic? I didn't mind no champs, but 1 epic when it thought I was supposed to get 4 seems.... bad.

Edit: Yeah, on a second count, you're supposed to get 15 cards per chest x 3 = 45, but my total counts 47 (1 card was dusted), and the 3 extra counts are the epics I didn't actually get lol.

Last edited:

Happy Puppy

Oct 29, 2017
I built the budget control deck and, if played properly, that deck does work. It's slow, but I didn't lose a match tonight with it. It just grinds opponents down. I've had opponents surrender when they have 10+ more health than I do when I don't even have lethal available. So many plays that had to infuriate whomever I was playing. Great little deck that I only had to use a few wildcards to make.
Mind sharing?
Not sure how to build a control deck.

How do expedition tokens work? Do they reset and where are they stored. Remember receiving one.