• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
tacticszogrevrji1.jpg

One of my favorite game of all time and my favorite SNES game period. Probably the strongest writing I have experienced in any game ever.

This game is a huge cult classic in Japan, often ranking really high on charts of the best game ever. It received an incredible PSP remake in 2011 with a tremendous localization by the same people who did Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy XII.

iD0IH6x.jpg

oNlZkzQ.jpg

rRRRHp6.jpg

Also the music....*chef kiss*

Happy birthday, Tactics Ogre!

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Planning to go on a FF Tactics+Tactics Ogre+Vagrant Story binge before FFXVI hits.

My Cow Phelps

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the subtitle "Let Us Cling Together". lol

I need to play this one someday despite not being a big fan of SRPGs. Love Vagrant Story and FFXII.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating that this never got a release elsewhere. I had a lot of fun with it on the psp

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
My absolute favorite SRPG, and the only one that comes close/beats Final Fantasy Tactics.

I wish this got a PS4 port.

The strategy guide for this game is a massive 400 pages. Time to play it again.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna have to start my replay soon if I want to finish it before the November onslaught. Don't remember much about the story, so I'm excited to check it out again. Loved the gameplay and presentation of the whole thing.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Ive never understood the love for Tactics Ogre, for me its Ogre Battle 64 for life, I still go back and play it.

I hate the fact that tatics ogre gets all the attention when Ogre Battle 64 was such a more unique gameplay experience that no one has replicated yet

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Being a fan of FFT/Vagrant Story, I was hyped for the PSP version when it came out. Heard it was hard but figured I could handle it. Got decimated like 3 hours in, tried several times to beat that battle but couldn't do it. Would give it another shot nowadays if I could play it on something other than PSP though

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Being a fan of FFT/Vagrant Story, I was hyped for the PSP version when it came out. Heard it was hard but figured I could handle it. Got decimated like 3 hours in, tried several times to beat that battle but couldn't do it. Would give it another shot nowadays if I could play it on something other than PSP though

You could emulate it. You'd be able to make the game a bit easier for yourself via save states and cheats in that case, too.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
*saw thread and in my head thought "The PSP game came out THAT long ago???*

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Still the single best SRPG ever made.
I really like the subtitle "Let Us Cling Together". lol

I need to play this one someday despite not being a big fan of SRPGs. Love Vagrant Story and FFXII.
It's Matsuno working in his Queen fandom :P
www.youtube.com

Queen - Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together) (Official Lyric Video)

Taken from A Day At The Races, 1976.Sing along to 'Teo Toriatte (Let Us Cling Together)' with this official karaoke style Queen lyric video.Subscribe to the ...

The world the series takes place in has a bunch of locations and items named after Queen lyrics, etc. Ogre Battle and March of the Black Queen are both Queen song titles, which is the name of the first game in the franchise (Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen lol). Can find similar references in FFT. It's why this tweet from him is the best thing ever:

Last edited:

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Loved this game. But it is savage. Some of the fights took me days to complete across multiple PSP sessions.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, yea, some of the encounters are a real bitch if you're trying to recruit all the suicidal npcs in this game. Outside of that, it's not that bad.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
The game was fun to begin with but I got tired of the campaign towards the end. There was also a difficulty spike I couldn't progress on some side mission, which made me stuck on one map.

dmshaposv

Oct 27, 2017
Square, release it on iOS you cowards! Even FFT is there.

The only way to play this is on psp emu. Just sad. Id pay good money for an official app or re release.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Top tier SRPG. Not my all-out favourite but the writing, art and game design are all top-notch. Puts a lot of modern ones to shame.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
The psp remake is te best psp game and one of the best srpgs made.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The Ogre series has such an interesting history with Final Fantasy. Quest Corporation were the original team who developed the games.

Some key members of Quest Corporation jumped ship to Squaresoft to make Final Fantasy Tactics only to have Square eventually acquire Quest Corporation which was ironic considering Square themselves were in the process of being acquired by Enix.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
They need to port the PSP version somewhere. Its one of the best SRPG ever.

Ive never understood the love for Tactics Ogre, for me its Ogre Battle 64 for life, I still go back and play it.

I hate the fact that tatics ogre gets all the attention when Ogre Battle 64 was such a more unique gameplay experience that no one has replicated yet

Not much People played Ogre Battle , many played tactics ogre because of the FFT connection.

If only Square made a FF Battle as a sequel to FFT :( Now we only have a Gatcha FFT that isn't that fun to play imo.

Trigger