• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not going to lie I'm unbelievably excited for this. More so than any other guest Geoff has announced

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
As a big fan of video game music and Hans' movie scores, I am super excited. Gaming has come so far...

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
41N3kB5BbGL._SS500.jpg

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Thats cool but the legendary composer Casey Edwards creator of Devil trigger will perform so Hans will be overshadowed.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
A living legend. Another vote for MW 2, it would be quite appropiate to announce a remaster, actually.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overrated.

Marty was robbed in 2009 as ODST had a better soundtrack than MW2.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Shit. Hans Zimmer is my favorite musician of all time. Now I have to watch this live at 2:30am. Damnit!

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Hell yes. Hans Zimmer is amazing. Really can't wait to watch this, it's shaping up to look like one hell of a show!

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
What about having composers that are well known in the video games industry? this industry should stop chasing after Hollywood, it is and it can be its own thing. if a composer like Nobuo Uematsu for example participated, it would be truly a celebration for video games. he's one of the folks that made our dreams come true, working for more than 30 year in the video game industry. there are others of course, but from within the industry.

Jul 24, 2018
What about having composers that are well known in the video games industry? this industry should stop chasing after Hollywood, it is and it can be its own thing. if a composer like Nobuo Uematsu for example participated, it would be truly a celebration for video games. he's one of the folks that made our dreams come true, working for more than 30 year in the video game industry. there are others of course, but from within the industry.
I sometimes also wish these alleged game shows would capitalize on big names within video games instead of literally any other medium when celebrating video games.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Yep. Celebrate people actually in the industry.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I hope he plays some stuff from MW2.

rokero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He'll be conducting videogame music right so it's more of a tribute to videogame composer's imo

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yep. Celebrate people actually in the industry.
I sometimes also wish these alleged game shows would capitalize on big names within video games instead of literally any other medium when celebrating video games.
I'm sure you are delighted to hear that Zimmer has worked on Fifa, Beyond Two Souls, Skylanders, Call of Duty and Crysis 2. And his music is also in some Disney stuff like Lion King, Kingdom Hearts and Pirates of Caribbean online.
Edit: Also Uematsu wouldn't come right now even if asked https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/20/17882622/nobuo-uematsu-hiatus-final-fantasy-composer
Let the man rest.
Did he do any games this year?
Yeah he worked on Fifa this year with Lorne Balfe, who is also the music director of the show and conductor for the Game Awards Orchestra. I'm pretty sure it was Balfe who got Zimmer along for the show too. Since they've worked together on games even before Fifa. He's also worked on 4 Assasin's Creed titles and the new Battlefield game.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huge get for the industry, what a great job Geoff continues to do for gaming.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'm sure you are delighted to hear that Zimmer has worked on Fifa, Beyond Two Souls, Skylanders, Call of Duty and Crysis 2. And his music is also in some Disney stuff like Lion King, Kingdom Hearts and Pirates of Caribbean online.
He's predominantly a movie composer, and gets a ton of recognition for that. Give the spotlight to someone who doesn't have that spotlight.

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He written scores and contributed music for multiple games...

Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2, Skylanders, FIFA, Beyond Two Souls,