• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed immediately that the music was different, and thanked God when they showed that you can go back to the original version of the songs. Of course I'll give the new ones a shot, but this game has one of the best soundtracks of all time so I'm very glad that they retained the originals.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Awesome! Legend of Mana lives! Still play it on my Vita every now and then. I love this game.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck yeah, a PC version. Gonna have to go with that then, sorry Switch lol.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like another game where Square is using AI upscaling on the backgrounds, at least I'm assuming. Very cool they are going down that road.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
wait what?! YES! Hope the JPN version holds ENG text so I can import if no worldwide release is planned.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw the trailer and it's a testament to the original on how beautiful it is that I cannot see any new enhancements

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it'll still support the 2 player mode or not. and if chocobo pet/all the hidden SAVE FILE bosses carry over.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The real hype beyond this really cool remaster is :

Seiken Densetsu 6 is officially on the way :) .

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
This was such a nice trailer and announcement. Keep the Mana games incoming SE and Nintendo. Looking forward to playing this one.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
This might be the old fogey in me, but I am not a fan of the HD backgrounds with the original sprites.

That being said, I loved Legend of Mana back on PS1 when I was a kid and will cautiously be looking forward to this.

Wingus

Dec 8, 2017
Over the moon about this. I love this game to bits and all the different stories about the inhabitants of the world

also.i cite the soundtrack as Yoko Shimomura's finest work.

Oct 30, 2017
YESSSS!!!

DAY 1 on PS4.

After Secret of Mana and Trials of Mana... I'm definitely up for another Mana game.

I had this on PS1 when it came out but didn't finish it and always regretted this.

Now the chance is here again, I guess digital only release like Star Ocean 1 HD Remastered and Crystal Chronicles HD Remastered at less for the west.

Last edited:

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
One of the few games I still own a disc copy of. Found it weird at the time and never finished it. I might give it another shot with this.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, guessing they are going to include the bonus stuff you could get if you had other Square Soft PS1 saves on the same memory card?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Im guessing the backgrounds might be a mix of redrawn and AI upscale? Either way they did a fantastic looking job at least of what we can see so far. Im so excited as this was one of my favorite PS1 games as a kid

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Up for pre-order on US PSN: Link

$30 and offline multiplayer baby! Please do Saga Frontier 2 next.

Meet a colorful cast of characters, square off against fearsome monsters, and explore the vast world of Fa'Diel. Not only has the music been rearranged for this remaster, you can also alternate between the new and original soundtrack. Other features have also been added, including the ability to turn off enemy encounters, and the never-before released mini-game "Ring Ring Land".

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
what a pleasant surprise this announcement was. it's great how AI upscaling can improve 32-bit era RPGs like this and SaGa.

Kientin

Oct 27, 2017
AHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
GIVE IT TO ME

Ruffy666

Oct 27, 2017
One of the greatest soundtracks of all time... I have very fond memories of this game but also remember it being a bit obtuse in terms of understanding what exactly you were doing at any given time. I'm actually pretty darn surprised by this announcement

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
A bit disappointed to see that the animated sprites haven't been upscaled, especially after seeing how well it's been done in SaGa Frontier, but I'm definitely getting this day one.

Most animations in SaGa Frontier are just 1 frame, I know, I know...

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Very nice! I have it on my Vita (the PS1 Classics version), but this looks great, so I'm going to hold off playing more of it. I wasn't super far anyway, so I don't mind starting over on the PS5.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Vita Mana game is the only one missing of the HD releases right? I have a Vita but I'm fairly certain it never got a physical release.