• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11796

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7c4f91742907e94aa26813166ada612e.png

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
This popped up in my recommended just now and it's a pretty good watch.

Checked out some other videos on the channel and this too is a pretty good watch

I'm honestly disappointed just how much a piece of shite Mike Rowe is, I loved Dirty Jobs when I was a teen.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pushing out Evo in Bolivia was a coup. Not debatable. Now, badempanada reveals just how much of the talking points were flat out lies. Right wing fascist lies. Lies that too many liberals were all too enthusiastic to parrot. A big one being "Evo Morales stacked the court in his favor to have more power. pOPulISt stROngMaN"

Also, it cannot be overstated how much the OAS is a fucking clown shoes organization.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
I've recently come across this tweet thread from Youtuber Second Thought how one of their videos was suppressed by YT

TLDR:
YT is suppressing one of their videos because CIA told them to

The video in question:

Taking a quick look at their video titles, plenty of them seem to have some sort of anti-capitalist message, so I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this channel before, they're pretty large with almost 1m subs.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've recently come across this tweet thread from Youtuber Second Thought how one of their videos was suppressed by YT

TLDR:
YT is suppressing one of their videos because CIA told them to

The video in question:

Taking a quick look at their video titles, plenty of them seem to have some sort of anti-capitalist message, so I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this channel before, they're pretty large with almost 1m subs.

Oh interesting, never heard of this Second Thought channel but I'll check out some of their videos, thanks.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Another great vid by Emerican. Very interesting stuff (in particular for me) on the Zapatistas. The EZLN seems to have much more advanced thought and formation than the left in the north recognizes or gives them credit for.
You are right. The EZLN and its larger populist body the FZLN are NOT Anarchist. Nor do we intend to be, nor should we be. In order for us to make concrete change in our social and political struggles, we cannot limit ourselves by adhering to a singular ideology. Our political and military body encompasses a wide range of belief systems from a wide range of cultures that cannot be defined under a narrow ideological microscope. There are anarchists in our midst, just as there are Catholics and Communists and followers of Santeria. We are Indians in the countryside and workers in the city. We are politicians in office and homeless children on the street. We are gay and straight, male and female, wealthy and poor. What we all have in common is a love for our families and our homelands. What we all have in common is a desire to make things better for ourselves and our country. None of this can be accomplished if we are to build walls of words and abstract ideas around ourselves.
Woah, baby!
theanarchistlibrary.org

A Zapatista Response to “The EZLN Is NOT Anarchist”

Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional A Zapatista Response to “The EZLN Is NOT Anarchist” 2002 A look at why the Zapatistas do not subscribe to a...
If they have been fighting neoliberal incursion with everything up to and including armed struggle this long, they gotta be doing something right. I'm ashamed to say I still don't know very much about them myself, but I should probably prioritize fixing that. lol

Deleted member 75819

Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Is Shoe0nhead a grifter or what? I used to watch her videos way back in the day (before I was political) and I recall her being super anti-SJW and anti-feminism, but now I'm seeing her pop up in progressive spheres.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
Is Shoe0nhead a grifter or what? I used to watch her videos way back in the day (before I was political) and I recall her being super anti-SJW and anti-feminism, but now I'm seeing her pop up in progressive spheres.

I wouldn't saying grifting tbh, more just essentially whatever her freinds think, she'll move in that direction. Essentially she has no real principles and I wouldn't take anything she says seriously.

Oct 26, 2017
All of those anti-SJW morons (H3H3, Sam Harris, etc) are all grifters. The last four years they went all in on the "liberal college students are the greatest danger to free speech" etc.

Now that they've seen the writing on the wall they're shifting focus and acting like they weren't giving cover to known assholes and obvious right-wing talking points.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People say that folks like Vaush and Destiny are resposible for making chuds move leftward... but looking at their by products and associates like Sh0eonhead and Faraday and the toxicity of their fan bases, I just think its a grifter pipeline. If anything they, are detrimental to the left if all they bring is anti intersectional phonies who are more caught up in twitter drama than actual praxis.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
So Sam Seder criticized Neera Tanden and now so-called liberals are attacking him with an already debunked Mike Cernovich smear:

Guess it's still not the right time to criticize Democrats.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shoeonhead isn't related to that livecam thread on the old forum where they got a girl to put a shoe on her head right?

I'm not a chud and I enjoy Vaush's content for the most part, but yeah his chat does seem like they're maybe right on the edge of drama.

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Shoeonhead isn't related to that livecam thread on the old forum where they got a girl to put a shoe on her head right?

It used to be a meme on 4chan, possibly in other places too. I roughly remember Andrew W.K. doing a photo like that during his Q&A on /mu/ years ago.

As far as she goes, I was surprised to see her popping up in a premiere chat of someone's video (I think Philosophy Tube?) months ago and cozying up with people like nothing happened, but I'm not into social media, so I didn't know if she (and possibly other women in that group) had some major falling out with the rest of chuds and went the other way, genuinely opened up or just saw the writing on the wall and cut herself off people that scare others off, and pay no mind to her. No idea about what kind of content she makes today or how much of an audience she has.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently Sargon of Akkad went nuts over her "joining the commies" or something.

I just know she pops up on Vaush's stream here and there. Never really paid attention when she comes on and talks though but eh I don't pay much attention to that.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if there's a chance Shoe is grifting, I do find it important to still promote it as a positive that even if you used to be that hard right, you're still welcome on the left. She has a large platform and I'd assume has had a net-positive effect even if she's grifting.
That aside her content and online personality isn't my cup of tea.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Even if there's a chance Shoe is grifting, I do find it important to still promote it as a positive that even if you used to be that hard right, you're still welcome on the left. She has a large platform and I'd assume has had a net-positive effect even if she's grifting.
That aside her content and online personality isn't my cup of tea.
She and Chris Ray Gun, PewDiePie, Sargon of Akkad, Rubin Report, Amazing Atheist, No Bullshit, Blaire White, Lauren Southern, Ian Miles Cheong, Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, ArmoredSkeptic, and more were trying to fuck over your Youtube algorithm to get into the pipeline to the alt right.

I only see it that Sh0eonhead (Shoe On Head) platform isn't as big so she's pivoting to where the audience and money is. Alt right trolling is not it anymore. She has to first apologize for her actions and running on a platform to get many anti-"SJW" folks under her wing. If she's done that and showed true remorse, actions to do better, then only would her welcoming into left circles have any value.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
She and Chris Ray Gun, PewDiePie, Sargon of Akkad, Rubin Report, Amazing Atheist, No Bullshit, Blaire White, Lauren Southern, Ian Miles Cheong, Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, ArmoredSkeptic, and more were trying to fuck over your Youtube algorithm to get into the pipeline to the alt right.

I only see it that Sh0eonhead (Shoe On Head) platform isn't as big so she's pivoting to where the audience and money is. Alt right trolling is not it anymore. She has to first apologize for her actions and running on a platform to get many anti-"SJW" folks under her wing. If she's done that and showed true remorse, actions to do better, then only would her welcoming into left circles have any value.

Whether or not she meets our standards of Leftism, her entertaining leftist values in front of a huge audience of centrist/alt-right-lite types absolutely has value. While I don't watch her content, I've seen her address her past views and denounce some of them and we can't just handwave those things because we aren't trusting. I get being cynical about people who have had cringeworthy takes in the past but we have to allow the people the grace to evolve on issues and evolution isn't just a linear progression. It's often messy and takes place over a longer period of time. That's why I think that evaluating people as "grifters" is ultimately beside the point because A) it is difficult to actually determine the views of someone you don't actually know and B) the values that a public-facing person is espousing are probably more important than the intent if what we're concerned with is their influence on their audience.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Whether or not she meets our standards of Leftism, her entertaining leftist values in front of a huge audience of centrist/alt-right-lite types absolutely has value. While I don't watch her content, I've seen her address her past views and denounce some of them and we can't just handwave those things because we aren't trusting. I get being cynical about people who have had cringeworthy takes in the past but we have to allow the people the grace to evolve on issues and evolution isn't just a linear progression. It's often messy and takes place over a longer period of time. That's why I think that evaluating people as "grifters" is ultimately beside the point because A) it is difficult to actually determine the views of someone you don't actually know and B) the values that a public-facing person is espousing are probably more important than the intent if what we're concerned with is their influence on their audience.
Link to her addressing past views and denouncing them? I don't follow her so I haven't kept up since her pro-gamergate and regressive days.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
Link to her addressing past views and denouncing them? I don't follow her so I haven't kept up since her pro-gamergate and regressive days.

I don't exactly recall. I know it was in one of the many conversations she's had with Vaush. I know he's not very popular here but it seems that their interactions are what spurred her to reexamine her views.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
New video from LonerBox

Great and hilarious video as usual. I'll check out Pride. Ben Babbino's take on intersectionality reminds me of when rich white supremacists in the USA South designed to turn the poor white folk against the poor black folk so they form a white identity to reduce intersectionality. Much like when Irish and Italians were transformed to be white to further white supremacy goals.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to watch Hasan's streams lately, while I can see why he's popular I just cannot get into the videos. There's way too much stuff happening at once with the chat, those donations that give off some random voice that sounds robotic, Hasan talking over stuff and all that. It's the same with Vaush who I've been watching a bit of, but I guess I prefer other styles of videos.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been trying to watch Hasan's streams lately, while I can see why he's popular I just cannot get into the videos. There's way too much stuff happening at once with the chat, those donations that give off some random voice that sounds robotic, Hasan talking over stuff and all that. It's the same with Vaush who I've been watching a bit of, but I guess I prefer other styles of videos.
I can get into Vaush but not Hasan...I feel Vaush's is a little quieter with the interruptions and then format is less cluttered and noisy as Hasan.

There's also Xanderthal, Serfs, and Actual Jake with similar formats I can't get into for different reasons as much. The first one...well his avatar looks smug so I've never really watched a video yet lol so that's not fair to him. The Serf guy is chill but I feel he's too quiet and is too passive of an observer. As for Actual Jake the first video I watched of his kind of annoyed me...it was a silly "let's make fun of this incel" which I do enjoy, but at one point he responded to a commenter asking why he was giving this guy coverage.

To me...well I don't really care, I'm childish that I don't mind a little bit of mocking goofs like that. But Jake went on a big speech about how important it was he was doing this and I was like...I don't know just felt a bit too self-congratulatory for what was just mocking an alt-right nobody.

Anyway I just want to say you should watch Vaush's video on "Spirit Science" because that by far is one of my favorite reaction videos ever that really goes places.