• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
On what happened with Breadube, I feel like in general you should expect people to circle the wagons to protect people close to them the moment they do something shitty regardless of ideology.

And I think you will be disappointed if you expect anything better out of the people you follow.

Oct 26, 2017

Pretty good look at how having an electable moderate often doesn't go as well as many will have you believe. Hillary Clinton an electable moderate was beat by both Obama and Trump.

Also how is someone who is clearly the more flawed candidate more electable? Only if you ignore and dismiss every criticism as old news or not that big of a deal.

If Trump wins this fall, expect the usual faces to blame leftists and Bernie supporters.

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone want to be the victim to summarise this in more detail?

I don't keep up with this thread, so I'm not certain what this is about?

But first part was mainly about the different aims of art. Second part focused on parasocial relationships, specifically ways they become toxic, ending with his own experiences, good and bad. I guess the video was framed around Last Jedi, but only touched on it.

Oct 26, 2017
Guys! Watch Marc Maron's new standup special on Netflix. It's great. Also there's a solid shot at Joe Rogan and his pill peddling.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone want to be the victim to summarise this in more detail?

Basically he obliquely refers to an incident, which if you're at all aware of what happened is obviously everything that happened after the contrapoints video. He talked about how he had to deal with death threats, doxxing, and all number of vile statements thrown at him because of what happened. It's very elightening, and I in no way feel like a victim for having watched it. I enjoy his videos a great deal, and I appreciated him being able to talk about his experience.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

I remember reading an old PBoink-style article (I forget where, this was decades ago and probably on a school computer) that was about one dude's scambaiting actions. It was fun and cathartic...until I saw some of the pictures the scammer sent of the conditions of his workplace. Joel's point about a lingering ickiness definitely is relatable, if not for the same exact reason he mentions (though he does imply it a bit).

After all, we're basically looking at an individualized answer to a structural problem, and the directions in which we address it are culturally biased; there isn't a lucrative streaming career for trying to bait modern colonialists into going mask-off despite the history of exploitation of, well, entire continents on a scale that would make even the most effective scammers of this sort blush..

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Another absolutely fantastic video from Cody about the rich and how they are reacting to the pandemic.

I'm just hoping that more normies start waking up to how shit the rich and powerful really are once this has all finished because we can't just go back to how things were before this all kicked off.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Great video (~40 min) from NonCompete about COVID and the dangers of a White Supremacist in situations like these especially:

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Came across this video by Maggie Mae Fish, analyzing Cats and how TS Eliot was a sad, sad little fascist.

www.youtube.com

The Baffling Politics of Cats (2019) and TS Eliot

If you want to directly support me and see this video without ads, check it out at https://nebula.tv/videos/maggie-mae-fish-cats-and-the-weird-mind-of-ts-eli...

Watched this along with the Ellis video that's more directly about the film. It's great. What she's saying is a lot like why I like the film -- it's as close to parody of Triumph of the Will as possible, IMO -- and I especially like the bits in the middle with the ideas of leadership as defining what we are allowed to imagine. Good quotes in there.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
New Alt-Right Playbook:

This was a great episode! I'm really glad this series is still going. The whole playlist should be pinned on the board.

New video from Jose about how scumbag alt-right darlings are trying to spin their anti-immigrant/xenophobic tripe as reasonable since country's have closed their borders. They're completely ignoring the actual context to push a bigoted agenda and, as Jose points out in the video, reinforce in their audiences the idea that only immigrants "bring disease" as much as they "bring crime" when they're allowed to travel freely. You can see how this shit easily ferments the desire to "end disease and crime" by genocide in the minds of the violent bigots. A call in not so many words to make their audience put foreign people of color into the camp of plague rats:

Oct 26, 2017
I know the world sucks but remember, you're not Dave Rubin.
rektqkN.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I know the world sucks but remember, you're not Dave Rubin.
rektqkN.jpg
"friends call him": homophobic slurs 😂

Not sure if I watched the video this was in reference to but thought it was a really good apology and explanation of the situation. Was also good for Matt to address the people attempting to use this as ammo to say this is the left eating itself.

Thought Slime is probably my favourite left wing youtuber tight now, especially after I dropped Natalie and PT after the recent bullshit with her and the circling of the wagons by breadtube.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Man, Thought Slime just comes off as too smug or condescending in his tone, sometimes. Is it just me? I don't _dislike_ him, but his tone just feels abrasive to me.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Thought Slime just comes off as too smug or condescending in his tone, sometimes. Is it just me? I don't _dislike_ him, but his tone just feels abrasive to me.

I don't know if it's just you, but this has to be the first time I hear this. There are very few YouTubers who come off as genuinely nice people who try their best in every circumstance to me, even among left-wingers, and ThoughtSlime is at the top of the list. He couldn't be making this kind of video in the first place if he were smug and condescending. The video exists precisely because he found his last one too smug and condescending.

I can't help but picture him as a big teddy bear (with a strong moral character though) lol.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I don't know if it's just you, but this has to be the first time I hear this. There are very few YouTubers who come off as genuinely nice people who try their best in every circumstance to me, even among left-wingers, and ThoughtSlime is at the top of the list. He couldn't be making this kind of video in the first place if he were smug and condescending. The video exists precisely because he found his last one too smug and condescending.

I can't help but picture him as a big teddy bear (with a strong moral character though) lol.

It could be me, I'm a francophone, so sometimes in English I can read tones wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Thought Slime never felt abrasive or smug to me, tbh, but that doesn't mean your feeling about him is invalid.

I'm curious as to what video he's referring to though. I don't think I saw it, but I might have and just don't remember what it was?

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
I've had the feeling for a long while. His content is interesting, but his delivery is very grating.
here's the strange thing though: check out the video of him just speaking off the cuff

He's so much easy to listen to. I know that he wouldn't want to speak that casually in his scripted videos, but It would be great if he could tone down his persona a bit.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually agree.

I think it's his body language...he always looks, like, teary-eyed? I dunno it makes me feel like I should be upset too. And maybe that's the point? But I can see how someone not already into his viewpoint might find him a bit off-putting even if his content is strong.

The Renegade Cut guy has sort of the same issue...though it seems in recent videos he dialed his tone down, and now I think there's the opposite problem where he seems too detached?

I guess you need a happy medium.

Pantaghana

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Croatia
José just released his own contribution to the "leftists shitting on PragerU" pile

And a new video from Jack Saint on how Cars 2 is about... eugenics

Never watched any of the Cars films so that sure was a trip.

Last edited: