• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Soooooo... Shit people, the gathering.
Yea pretty much.

Anyways, I saw this pretty amusing site yesterday. It indexes the free speech of college campuses in Canada.
While there are issues on campuses, this website is uh, very biased. My university also got a D :(
http://campusfreedomindex.ca/ (probably use adblock)

The methodology shows them docking points for some very dog-whistle, or politically motivated type stuff. They also published endorsements from Ezra Levant of Rebel Media.
Here's an example of a policy requirement that my university did not meet, and thus lost points for.
  • The university does not provide funding or other resources to groups, departments, committees, commissions or other bodies that engage in ideological advocacy (e.g. promotion of vague and ambiguous concepts such as "diversity," and "inclusion")
If anyone else is from Canada, feel free to check if your local campus passes this arbitrary, politically motivated test.

Last edited:

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no
IbYdkPV.jpg

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Contrapoints has really been losing me lately. Tweets like this are starting to become common place.

She's been really pushing back against anyone from the left that criticizes her. First it was the situation where she was criticized for doing the profile piece with the transphobic writer.

She did apologize but still the tone of her posts was when I first noticed that she tends to feel like a pariah, a leftist that feels more comfortable engaging with the right.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi...esse_singal_is_a_transphobe_no_dont_be_awful/
And now her agreeing to a ticketed event with transphobes and racists that will benefit them financially. Add that to the fact that she has been sounded legitimately depressed as she talks about drinking herself to sleep and not being useful beyond engaging with the alt-right, centrist, rationalist folks. And it just doesn't seem like she is in a healthy place. The Laci Green, Shoe, Blaire, June types are smelling blood in the water because they are routinely there to lick her wounds and agree with her that her leftist fans are shit and hurting her, and want her to come hang with them and "discuss" the issues with them.

She says she hears the argument that she is being manipulated by these people and that some people are worriedabout her becoming the next Laci Green but I dunno, I still don't really get why she is getting so comfy there. Especially after she beats herself up for not debating them particularly well.

But I guess this is her brand and what she wants to do with her platform the most.

She's stuck in a no win situation. Her core belief, that Leftism is simply something to be properly advertised and engaged, is wrong and that is what leads her to the choices that she makes. She's not going to stop because it is the basis for her online "activism". She is going to continue to be

But she's also part of a hyper insular, cliquish, and incredibly controlling social group that tries to monopolize itself as the only manifestation of "progressivism" and then strictly controls access of that social group as a means to emotionally manipulate and punish people who commit faux pas or break social expectations, even though the entire scene is riddled with people who commit the same offenses.

There's a not too slim chance that she'll be sacrificed by her identarian lifestylist socialites peers in effort to show who is more radical than the other and she'll find solace in a social circle that generally doesn't seek to police itself to ridiculous ends. The "Leftist" response to that won't be anything remotely rational, but will instead "Oh well she was a secret Nazi all along anyway" and bereft of anyone remotely smart or likeable the "Left" will continue to be a political dead end.

Are anyone on the "Left" organizing similar events as to the one you're discussing? Because if not, there literally is no other avenue for her to express her particular form of "activism".

Don't see the problem with the Contrapoints thing. People need to just let her live her life. This trend of looking to police every aspect of people's lives is such a poison on the left, you see it with people being judged for who they're friends with, to who they speak at events with all the way down to the minutiae of scouring twitter likes for some type of wrongdoing. There's too many people now who spend an unhealthy amount of time looking for reasons to purge people from their particular in group, it's hardly a surprise when somebody like Contrapoints would prefer to spend time with people who don't surveil her every move for a reason to shame her.

It's the high school social circle political edition. Kids picking who can sit at what lunch table.

I'm not quite seeing how it's 'policing a persons life' when they are offering their views to their followers on Twitter.

Because the communities that consume these videos and help them gain traction eat each other up in gigantic public displays of self-flagellation over whether or not these public figures and the discussion of/linking to/mentioning about should be banned and a bannable offense.

Contra and others get financial support through these videos so when people make a specific effort to hurt them financially it is a difficult scenario to navigate.

Also, you know, the penchant for people on the "Left" or right to casually throw out murder threats at any given slight...

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Any props for Kyle Kulinski(Secular talk) or Humanist report up in here? Great content those guys. Not raving personalities who frequently go off the deep end like Jimmy Dore or "The Sane Progressive", but not overly enabling of the center like David Pakman or Sam Seder. Thom Hartmann, Benjamin Dixon are also very good in many ways.

Oct 25, 2017
I do watch Contra and H Bomberguy occasionally, but man I wish these people were funnier. It sucks being ideologically aligned with one side while humor-wise aligned with the other. Destiny would probably be the closest if he was actually funny to me.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I do watch Contra and H Bomberguy occasionally, but man I wish these people were funnier. It sucks being ideologically aligned with one side while humor-wise aligned with the other. Destiny would probably be the closest if he was actually funny to me.

I actually think Hbomb injects too much humor into his stuff, and I love Contra's sense of humor...

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Hbomb injects too much humor into his stuff, and I love Contra's sense of humor...

Oh, I'm just talking about myself here. Humor is a very important tool to get me (and a lot of other people) interested in something. And I of course happen to have a very specific sense of humor reliant on absurdism, anti-humor, and video-editing, something that it seems the lefties aren't super good at while the other side is. Like, Chris Ray Gun is trash, but his videos have all the ingredients of something I find amusing thanks to his editing and delivery, but the conclusions he comes to are antithetical to my own views. Doesn't help that he runs in the same circles as the only people I find genuinely funny on the internet, though of course said people don't talk about politics at all in their content beyond Twitter.

If there was like an Eric Andre of lefty youtube, that would probably be one of my favorite channels ever.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I pretty much only like dark/alt comedy, but I think Hbomb is pretty funny. He's very self-deprecating, but then, so am I. He's good at making fun of himself before someone else does.

I suppose I don't really laugh at Contra's stuff, but I like it all the same.

I don't think the opposition is particularly good at anything though lol

Mooksoup

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Really enjoying Shaun's stuff, really good.

It makes me laugh (and feel a bit sad) that people seem to need to give a warning about his voice. "Shaun s p e a k s v e r y s l ow l y" in the OP, and 'monotone' in the Cuphead thread the other day.
I find his voice and deliberate thoughtful commentary, and deadpan humour perfect, and exactly what i want. Love it. The normal hyped up, shoutcast, PRESENTER voice most youtubers / streamers use kind of unbearable, and stops me watching most things.

Anyway thanks for this thread. i'll keep working through the other suggestions (once i'm done marathoning Shaun)

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I'm just talking about myself here. Humor is a very important tool to get me (and a lot of other people) interested in something. And I of course happen to have a very specific sense of humor reliant on absurdism, anti-humor, and video-editing, something that it seems the lefties aren't super good at while the other side is. Like, Chris Ray Gun is trash, but his videos have all the ingredients of something I find amusing thanks to his editing and delivery, but the conclusions he comes to are antithetical to my own views. Doesn't help that he runs in the same circles as the only people I find genuinely funny on the internet, though of course said people don't talk about politics at all in their content beyond Twitter.

If there was like an Eric Andre of lefty youtube, that would probably be one of my favorite channels ever.

Maybe I don't know what you mean, because Contra slicing cuts of her face covered in blood or weird dolls and shit is pretty absurdist. Internet Comment Etiquette might be more your speed too. Actually, can I recommend ICE for the OP CannonFodder52 ?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't laugh so much at Conta's stuff but I do think it is very slickly produced

HBomb isn't as consistently funny as I thought he was when I saw my first video of his, which was his PUA video. Though in retrospect Dan Olson is the one who killed it in that video with his Roosh V infiltration story

OP
OP
CannonFodder52
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Any props for Kyle Kulinski(Secular talk) or Humanist report up in here? Great content those guys. Not raving personalities who frequently go off the deep end like Jimmy Dore or "The Sane Progressive", but not overly enabling of the center like David Pakman or Sam Seder. Thom Hartmann, Benjamin Dixon are also very good in many ways.
Maybe I don't know what you mean, because Contra slicing cuts of her face covered in blood or weird dolls and shit is pretty absurdist. Internet Comment Etiquette might be more your speed too. Actually, can I recommend ICE for the OP CannonFodder52 ?
Yea, if you guys want to write up a little blurb, I'd be down to throw them in the OP. Nothing major, just a couple sentences on why they're worth clicking on, or what's unique about their content.

I hate that green heartbeat in the background of Kyle's studio, I can't not see MW2. I'll admit this is the most shallow complaint against a political commentator.
Really enjoying Shaun's stuff, really good.

It makes me laugh (and feel a bit sad) that people seem to need to give a warning about his voice. "Shaun s p e a k s v e r y s l ow l y" in the OP, and 'monotone' in the Cuphead thread the other day.
I find his voice and deliberate thoughtful commentary, and deadpan humour perfect, and exactly what i want. Love it. The normal hyped up, shoutcast, PRESENTER voice most youtubers / streamers use kind of unbearable, and stops me watching most things.

Anyway thanks for this thread. i'll keep working through the other suggestions (once i'm done marathoning Shaun)
I love Shaun's voice, I mostly put that line in the OP as a joke, cause people bring it up so often.
Glad you're enjoying his content though!

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
I find Kyle kind of hard to watch and annoying recently. He has become very selective of which stories he reports on when they relate to "the russia scandal" or whatever you want to call it. While I'm by no means a russia collusion conspiracy theorist, he's been entirely dismissive of the idea that Trump has any scandals or questionable ties related to anything not directly affecting policy from the very beginning, doesn't seem to want to admit that he was wrong about parts of the scandal, and actively ignores any such news. He is on a crusade against the dnc and corporate dems (mostly for the right reasons), but completely fails to call out trump for equally sinister shit.

Why do you get the impression that David Pakman is a centrist apologist? I don't see that at all.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yea, if you guys want to write up a little blurb, I'd be down to throw them in the OP. Nothing major, just a couple sentences on why they're worth clicking on, or what's unique about their content.

Benjamin Dixon is a progressive who generally speaking does a lot of content from the "black" perspective either socially or economically, which i really like considering we don't really have many progressive black outlets on youtube focused specifically on politics. He's very professional and even hosts his own show. Its frustrating because on the other hand there are people like Tim Black, but he's more prone to get into drama and pal around with people like HA goodman than focus on progressive leftist policy, so i guess i would not advocate for him as a educational source.

I would also recommend The Rational National channel hosted by David Doel. He's a Canadian who has run for political office in canada, but has taken an interest in American politics and it is a vast majority of his content that he hosts on his channel.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

I hate that green heartbeat in the background of Kyle's studio, I can't not see MW2. I'll admit this is the most shallow complaint against a political commentator.

I love Shaun's voice, I mostly put that line in the OP as a joke, cause people bring it up so often.
Glad you're enjoying his content though!

Internet Comment Etiquette with Erik
Join Erik as he educates internet commenters on Youtube and Twitter about important issues, and how to properly voice your opinion with decorum. He totally doesn't troll people with 9/11 conspiracy theories, he doesn't shitpost at Ted Cruz or Ajit Pai on Twitter, and he's completely polite. Erik is not sarcastic, and he never ever satirically advocates the opposite of the position. Not at all.

Seriously though, it's more a comedy channel than an educational one, he posts ridiculous over-the-top comments on videos about PUAs, conspiracy theories, "both sides" idiots or other youtube garbage. His claim to fame was taking salvia and zoning out, but over time he turned into guy who makes fun of garbage content on youtube, and of course that morphed into making fun of a bunch of racist/sexist/crazy stuff. Be warned that he uses extreme language in his imitations of stupid internet comments.
Internet Comment Etiquette: "Nice Guys"
Internet Comment Etiquette: "Mansplaining"
Internet Comment Etiquette: "Alex Jones"

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I find Kyle kind of hard to watch and annoying recently. He has become very selective of which stories he reports on when they relate to "the russia scandal" or whatever you want to call it. While I'm by no means a russia collusion conspiracy theorist, he's been entirely dismissive of the idea that Trump has any scandals or questionable ties related to anything not directly affecting policy from the very beginning, doesn't seem to want to admit that he was wrong about parts of the scandal, and actively ignores any such news. He is on a crusade against the dnc and corporate dems (mostly for the right reasons), but completely fails to call out trump for equally sinister shit.

But kyle calls out trump and the GOP literally all the time for everything and has always said that trump is the swamp and corporate sleeze along with the rest of the GOP. All it takes is a casual glance at his channel's section to see that.

He just focuses on the Democrats almost equally cause he wants them to reform, and they are the only real legislative course of action for us progressives who want change. If they stay mired in corporate conflicts of interest, they aren't any use to the citizens because they will always be just a lesser form of the GOP in regards to bowing to corporate pressure or kowtowing to their demands. That's why our system is broken after all

In regards to Trump's conflicts of interest, Kyle actually has been mad for a while that the mainstream media doesnt talk about his ties to Turkey, Saudi arabia and south korea, and other countries relating directly to his business ventures both before and after the election, but wont shut up about the Russiagate, which he always says he doesn't want to end in a nuclear standoff like the cold war.

Generally speaking Kyle hates the russia story as much as me, because its 247 wall to wall news coverage, generally drowning out plenty of other important issues that could be substituted while an actual investigation takes place.

And to make matters worse, it has become a name that centrists call progressives who call out the corp Dems, which furthers his animosity to the Russia narrative. He equates it to Red Dawn or somthing super exagerrated for the sake of simply turning a blind eye to what he would see as real progressive activism, and i think its a very fair point.

His ire with russia has grown as the hysteria that everything under the sun is seen as a russian agent has grown.

I don't blame you at all for not knowing any of that, i just watch every single one of his videos every day so i know the absolute nuances of his positions. I could not really follow anyone who gave trump a legitimate pass on issues. If you need any specific points proven here i'll be happy to dig them up for you

Why do you get the impression that David Pakman is a centrist apologist? I don't see that at all.

I don't think david is an apologist necessarily, nor do i think seder is. But they do give a lot more passes or don't cover certain stories relating to the DNC, like the flushing of delegates from the unity commission and such, which can give a certain impression from the audience. WIth something like Justice Dems, David even gave the impression when asked that it was only about primarying corp democrats and was self defeatist for that reason, when the actual purpose of JD is way more broad, and has been run against plenty of Republicans too.

Last edited:

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
because its 247 wall to wall news coverage, generally speaking drowning out plenty of other important issues
I'm with you on that one, but he was 100% certain that there is absolutely no collusion between trump and parties in, or related to the russian government from the very beginning, and (out of principle I guess) can't admit that there are at the very least questionable connections, even if they aren't to the proportions someone like Rachel Maddow would claim. When ever he does talk about something russia related, he gets preemtively defensive about it.

Sure, he calls Trump out on policy and playing golf, but he didn't even mention the exchange between Trump Jr and Wikileaks. If Wikileaks had that kind of communication with Hillary, he would be shouting it from the rooftops like he rightfully did when Donna Brazile gave her debate questions in advance.
Just seems disingenuous to me. Like someone who knows they're wrong but can't admit it.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Izzy Nobre is the worst. This is a guy who is horribly desperate for attention, he tried to insert himself in every facet of the brazilian geek community, going to every podcast and nerd centric show to try to fit in for some reason.

But for the most part people dislike him quite a bit because of his horrible rhetoric, the man just don't know how to properly engage people. So I'm not surprised in the least the he's trying to court the alt-right community now.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I'm with you on that one, but he was 100% certain that there is absolutely no collusion between trump and parties in, or related to the russian government from the very beginning, and (out of principle I guess) can't admit that there are at the very least questionable connections, even if they aren't to the proportions someone like Rachel Maddow would claim. When ever he does talk about something russia related, he gets preemtively defensive about it.

Sure, he calls Trump out on policy and playing golf, but he didn't even mention the exchange between Trump Jr and Wikileaks. If Wikileaks had that kind of communication with Hillary, he would be shouting it from the rooftops like he rightfully did when Donna Brazile gave her debate questions in advance.
Just seems disingenuous to me. Like someone who knows they're wrong but can't admit it.

I concede that your partly right about the wikileaks Trump JR thing(i would admit kyle isnt perfect, noone is) , however i can see where he's coming from as well. i think it gives progressives a lot of pause and raising of the hackles to call out semi transparency oriented outlets like wikileaks and such which have been responsible for shedding light on certain issues that institutions wanted to keep secret.

Many corp dems and right wingers are guilty of trying to say people like Chelsea manning, real whislteblowers are traitors and such to stifle their voices, so it makes sense to me why he would not want to get into the weeds of legitimizing the argument that says that whistleblowers themselves are in bed with trump and thus dismissed from any credibility in regards to what they may or may not dig up.

Its the same thing with the "Hillary rigged the primaries" 'proof' that donna brazille said she found in her book and many progressive outlets ran with. We still don't know how far that actually went, or if it was even as bad as was claimed by Brazille. But no progressive wants to go back and say they don't have all the facts or are even wrong about it, because then it would give an excuse to the neoliberal segment of dems to dismiss their concerns about everything else as just pinning fake news on the DNC.

I feel like a lot of this has to do with it turning into a "double sided war" and neither the neoliberal side nor the progressive side wants to give an inch in terms of messaging.

Oct 25, 2017

I don't really know how to describe it. I guess I'd also add non-sequiters in there and (maybe antithetical to lefty stuff in general) mean-spirited jokes. What Contra episode are you talking about because that sounds fun?

I just watched the most viewed video on ICE (Nice Guys) and idk, thought the guy was pretty boring. He did get a smirk out of me at the chat roulette section though, but not something I'd come back to unless the rest of his content is drastically different.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know how to describe it, but what Contra episode are you talking about because that sounds fun.

I just watched the most viewed video on ICE (Nice Guys) and idk, thought the guy was pretty boring. He did get a smirk out of me at the chat roulette section though, but not something I'd come back to unless the rest of his content is drastically different.

The latest contra about violence. The alt right one had her in some weird costumes as well, and so did her one about the left.

Oct 25, 2017
The latest contra about violence. The alt right one had her in some weird costumes as well, and so did her one about the left.

Okay, watched the violence one. I'll admit, that was pretty funny. Curious George Kills The Rapist actually got a legit laugh from me and not just a chuckle. Constant doll cuts were great too. And yeah, I had already seen the alt right video which I found amusing but didn't really get any kind of humor out of it. This was great though. I know she's good friends with some edgy centrists like shoe0nhead and I'm seeing that type of content in here, which is good if she can actually pull it off and gather some of that viewerbase in the same way Destiny has.

My problem is still the delivery with contra though, which is holding me back from finding her as funny as I would like. I guess what I'm looking for is someone with the editing techniques and over the top delivery of someone like pre-white supremacist Jontron.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I don't think that debating alt right people is inherently wrong, but advertising and supporting their event in a way that financially benefits them certainly is. I don't hate ContraPoints because I think she probably has her heart in the right place, but this is a really stupid decision and I hope she pulls back on it.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I don't laugh so much at Conta's stuff but I do think it is very slickly produced

HBomb isn't as consistently funny as I thought he was when I saw my first video of his, which was his PUA video. Though in retrospect Dan Olson is the one who killed it in that video with his Roosh V infiltration story

Whaaaaaat

Link?

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Did Contra ever get flak for using kecak as a representation of "brown people religion" in her cultural appropriation video? I remember raising an eyebrow at that.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that debating alt right people is inherently wrong, but advertising and supporting their event in a way that financially benefits them certainly is. I don't hate ContraPoints because I think she probably has her heart in the right place, but this is a really stupid decision and I hope she pulls back on it.

Yeah, this has rubbed me the wrong way and borders on being disgusting. I really like Contra and her work but she has a problem handling legitimate criticism. Hell, she's basically ignoring and misrepresenting the criticism she is getting now and it's not the first time she's done this. Really disappointing stuff.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
so it makes sense to me why he would not want to get into the weeds of legitimizing the argument that says that whistleblowers themselves are in bed with trump and thus dismissed from any credibility in regards to what they may or may not dig up
I don't think that's why. His whole thing is that he hates the idea of politics as a teamsport.

The Trump Jr Wikileaks situation is just one of many examples where he doesn't report on things that would make him look like he was wrong about russia. He didn't report on any of the points from the Steele dossier being verified, or Mueller and the investigation in general even, unless it is strictly about the money laundering aspect of it, in which case he will let you know that there's absolutely no smoke at all coming from russia. His go-to defense is always "What's in it for the russian government? Tell me and I'll change my mind" or "But the sanctions!", yet he never responds to anyone who tries to point out to him what the benefits of a trump presidency over a clinton presidency are for putin, and he hasn't even made a single video about Trump missing the legislative deadline for their list of sanctionable entities by almost a month, only to further delay the process later, or how he only actually signed it after they hid the sanctions in the CAATSA, where a veto would have meant nothing.

It just sounds to me like he has so much pride in being right all the time that he can't own up to being wrong about parts of the russia scandal.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I don't think that's why. His whole thing is that he hates the idea of politics as a teamsport.

The Trump Jr Wikileaks situation is just one of many examples where he doesn't report on things that would make him look like he was wrong about russia. He didn't report on any of the points from the Steele dossier being verified, or Mueller and the investigation in general even, unless it is strictly about the money laundering aspect of it, in which case he will let you know that there's absolutely no smoke at all coming from russia. His go-to defense is always "What's in it for the russian government? Tell me and I'll change my mind" or "But the sanctions!", yet he never responds to anyone who tries to point out to him what the benefits of a trump presidency over a clinton presidency are for putin, and he hasn't even made a single video about Trump missing the legislative deadline for their list of sanctionable entities by almost a month, only to further delay the process later, or how he only actually signed it after they hid the sanctions in the CAATSA, where a veto would have meant nothing.

It just sounds to me like he has so much pride in being right all the time that he can't own up to being wrong about parts of the russia scandal.

I don't think that's really the case, i think he just doesn't care that much about russia in general and doesn't feel like he needs to back up his channel with anti russia stories when he doesn't even really feel like russia is a legitimate story compared to a lot of other things.

I don't really think he cares whether or not russia or not is actually guilty of anything in itself, he's even said that if there is any merit to any investigation it should play out. But that russia being in the middle of some global plan to destabilize America is hysteria that gives Putin way too much credibility in the scale of world events.

In addition to that, i would actually contest the notion of your claim that he has said nothing about the benefits of a trump presidency over a clinton presidency. On the contrary, Kyle has actually said that it makes sense for Russia to be on the scales for Trump against Clinton during the election because of how gung ho Clinton was on military interventionism in syria and putting up no fly zones, as well as putting missiles directly on Russian borders as she claimed to want to do during the debates and interviews. But has also stated that America as a whole are hypocrites because we destabilize nations all around the world all the time, so of course we would have it happen to us as well.

Atleast that was his response to it. I would not really call it a defense, but more of a deflection even in the case that he did admit all the stories presented were true.

As for my own personal opinion, i don't think whether someone reports on russia or doesn't report on it makes them any less credible as a source of info, because i totally get why Kyle would be skeptical of russiagate coverage myself.

Last edited:

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's really the case, i think he just doesn't care that much about russia in general and doesn't feel like he needs to back up his channel with anti russia stories when he doesn't even really feel like russia is a legitimate story compared to a lot of other things.

I don't really think he cares whether or not russia or not is actually guilty of anything in itself, he's even said that if there is any merit to any investigation it should play out. But that russia being in the middle of some global plan to destabilize America is hysteria that gives Putin way too much credibility in the scale of world events, which i would agree with.

In addition to that, i would actually contest the notion of your claim that he has said nothing about the benefits of a trump presidency over a clinton presidency. On the contrary, Kyle has actually said that it makes sense for Russia to be on the scales for Trump against Clinton during the election because of how gung ho Clinton was on military interventionism in syria and putting up no fly zones, as well as putting missiles directly on Russian borders as she claimed to want to do during the debates and interviews. But has also stated that America as a whole are hypocrites because we destabilize nations all around the world all the time, so of course we would have it happen to us as well.

Atleast that was his response to it. I would not really call it a defense, but more of a deflection even in the case that he did admit all the stories presented were true.
I don't want to sound like I hate him. I'm a fan of his anti-interventionist, anti american exceptionalism stance or most of what he has to say on LGBTQA and religious fundamentalism, and he's certainly one of the least jingoistic progressives, but the way he gets selectively outraged and straight up ignores any and all criticism on the topic in the comments and on twitter makes me question his integrity in some ways.

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle Kulinski last time I checked into Kyle Kulinski he went full on "Trump Russia is a distraction by the establishment who don't want to recognized that Trump beat them fair and square."

Oct 25, 2017
Kyle is not a real progressive. Kyle is one of those fake progressive types that likes to disingenuously attack Democrats in order to discourage unity among progressives.

Inuhanyou , Let me know when Kyle finally admits that Julian Assange is a fucking Alt Right scumbag.

Nikpls

Oct 25, 2017
Join Erik as he educates internet commenters on Youtube and Twitter about important issues, and how to properly voice your opinion with decorum. He totally doesn't troll people with 9/11 conspiracy theories, he doesn't shitpost at Ted Cruz or Ajit Pai on Twitter, and he's completely polite. Erik is not sarcastic, and he never ever satirically advocates the opposite of the position. Not at all.

Seriously though, it's more a comedy channel than an educational one, he posts ridiculous over-the-top comments on videos about PUAs, conspiracy theories, "both sides" idiots or other youtube garbage. His claim to fame was taking salvia and zoning out, but over time he turned into guy who makes fun of garbage content on youtube, and of course that morphed into making fun of a bunch of racist/sexist/crazy stuff. Be warned that he uses extreme language in his imitations of stupid internet comments.
Damn, this guy is hilarious.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I don't want to sound like I hate him. I'm a fan of his anti-interventionist, anti american exceptionalism stance or most of what he has to say on LGBTQA and religious fundamentalism, and he's certainly one of the least jingoistic progressives, but the way he gets selectively outraged and straight up ignores any and all criticism on the topic in the comments and on twitter makes me question his integrity in some ways.

it makes sense to me, every single one of us in a way will prop up our own arguments to suit our own interests. But as far as progressive activism goes in all of the ways that matter, i put being cold or unwilling to engage on the subject of russia meddling in USA elections at the very bottom of the list considering the deep doodoo we are in at the moment elsewhere

Kyle is not a real progressive. Kyle is one of those fake progressive types that likes to disingenuously attack Democrats in order to discourage unity among progressives.

Inuhanyou , Let me know when Kyle finally admits that Julian Assange is a fucking Alt Right scumbag.

You dont sound credible to me with that attitude.. Corp dems must be defeated. And Kyle is a progressive on 95% of issues, and the other 5 percent doesnt matter. You dont get to attack progressives just because they attack Democrats and arent for your "foe unity". Progressives dont want "unity" among democrats who dont care about coming to our side when it comes to progressive policy.

Also, i don't know why you bring up julian assange when Kyle hasnt brought up julian assange in his videos in literal years. Perhaps you got confused with edward snowden or chelsea manning?

Last edited:

TheMirai

Oct 28, 2017
She can handle reasonable criticism and "The Guild" is entertaining.
I want to like Contra and she's making a lot of poor choices lately. It's unfortunate.

Debating Blair White is one thing -- I wouldn't, but eh, do whatever you want, she's smart enough so it's not a childish slapfight -- but she's making Blaire money which turns it into literally helping her fund her career. Which, uhhhhhh.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Kyle Kulinski last time I checked into Kyle Kulinski he went full on "Trump Russia is a distraction by the establishment who don't want to recognized that Trump beat them fair and square."

Atleast on camera he's never stated that, but he definitely doesn't think its important in the grand scheme of things to use as a scapegoat, which i happen to agree with him on that one. A lot of dems DO use it as deflection and distraction, regardless of how legitimate the case against trump or whoever is implicit is in the first place. And not just dems, its the entire media.

One can't say that CNN for example's 247 coverage on it is in any way shape or form justified considering how much other shit seems to never be conveniently reported on by them.

People like Nina turner have said as much themselves and have been unfairly castigated for saying "hey, maybe people on the ground dont actually care about russia in that manner outside of a basic investigation compared to wanting to know more about climate change, about whether or not the EPA is trying to poison our water supply, if the internet is going to even be fair game after december, what america is even doing in africa, yemen ect".

Bernie has kind of tried to not engage in russia talk except when pushed, while focusing on progressive polices, which i think is the right move

Last edited:

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
What are the dems using Russia to distract from? Republicans control both chambers of Congress, Democrats are perfectly vocal about the toxicity of the policies they're passing, and when they present something, whether it's solely from Dems or bipartisan, the bill almost never hits the floor and is rejected if it is.

What is it Dems are trying to distract us from as an opposition party with no power?

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017

I fucking love Eriks channel. Definitely deserves to be in the list.

Not reporting on the Wikileaks Trump Jr story is when I dropped Kyle. I don't see how you can make the case that it's not important enough to cover. Of course, it shows the site he has defended time and time again as being completely neutral is anything but and Kyle has a problem admitting when he gets things totally wrong. He also lets his hatred of corporate Dems and Clinton colour his critical thinking and report on any old crap, no matter how unsubstantiated, as long as it shows them in a bad light. Yet the dude is an ultra sceptic when it comes to negative stories about Trump and Russia. It adds up to somebody who I can't take seriously as a political commentator anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
You dont sound credible to me with that attitude.. Corp dems must be defeated. And Kyle is a progressive on 95% of issues, and the other 5 percent doesnt matter. You dont get to attack progressives just because they attack Democrats and arent for your "foe unity". Progressives dont want "unity" among democrats who dont care about coming to our side when it comes to progressive policy.

Also, i don't know why you bring up julian assange when Kyle hasnt brought up julian assange in his videos in literal years. Perhaps you got confused with edward snowden or chelsea manning?

Yes it must be corporate Dems who are defeated. There you go again with your one track mind. Go actually listen to what Dixon said instead listening to jackasses like Kyle.

Did you even vote on November 7th? Did Kyle even encourage people to vote on November 7th like an actual progressive would or did he just pull more disingenuous "both parties are exactly the same" bullshit for you to fall for?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
What are the dems using Russia to distract from? Republicans control both chambers of Congress, Democrats are perfectly vocal about the toxicity of the policies they're passing, and when they present something, whether it's solely from Dems or bipartisan, the bill almost never hits the floor and is rejected if it is.

What is it Dems are trying to distract us from as an opposition party with no power?
It's distracting people so the Democrats don't have to openly change their approach.

They keep pushing traditional, corporate friendly politicians like Obama and Clinton yet they have ended up not only losing the presidency but thousands of other positions in all areas of government.

If they were forced to look at themselves it would be clear that their current approach at this time is a losing one and that they need to try someone more populist.

But they don't want to do that, why? Because it would involve going against their financial backers and stop them making a fortune.

It's the same with Hilary, did the Russian hacks hurt her campaign? Of course, but it wasn't the only factor. She also ran a terrible campaign and had a tonne of baggage but the main focus from her has always been about Russia so their great idea is 'our last attempt didn't work, let's double down and keep trying the same approach'.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
It's distracting people so the Democrats don't have to openly change their approach.

They keep pushing traditional, corporate friendly politicians like Obama and Clinton yet they have ended up not only losing the presidency but thousands of other positions in all areas of government.

If they were forced to look at themselves it would be clear that their current approach at this time is a losing one and that they need to try someone more populist.

But they don't want to do that, why? Because it would involve going against their financial backers and stop them making a fortune.

It's the same with Hilary, did the Russian hacks hurt her campaign? Of course, but it wasn't the only factor. She also ran a terrible campaign and had a tonne of baggage but the main focus from her has always been about Russia so their great idea is 'our last attempt didn't work, let's double down and keep trying the same approach'.

I think this is a derail of this thread at this point. There's a thread to discuss this topic, here you go: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny...-on-putin-avoid-liberal-self-reflection.8009/