• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Keeping it off most consoles probably a bit of a blow to it(not much obviously, still popular). I know so many people that used to play it on 360 that gave up on it after moving to PS4. I know Valve wasn't ecstatic before about Microsoft update policies but that's all changed now right? For both consoles I'd think for how often games get patched and tweaked.

Left 4 Dead 2 rerelease in 1080p ultra settings would be just lovely for modern consoles.

OP
OP
Melancholoman

Melancholoman

Freelance Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2018
Just to be clear the new campaign with be playable in versus mode right?

I didn't confirm this but here's one of the answers I got which suggests that will be the case. Every campaign so far is playable in Versus so I imagine so? Can't be sure tho.

"I can't reveal the details of the update yet, but I can say that there will be something for every type of player, whether you're into co-op, versus, survival, or even scavenge."

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Good to have more information on what's going to be in the update. I remember Last Stand being a fairly nifty map, so having a campaign for it will be quite nice.

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Great to have some more information on the update!

I still play Left 4 Dead 2 on my PC from time to time, but man, even though I'd love a L4D3 at this point I just wish they would put 2 out on modern consoles.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty awesome that they're going back and updating it finally. Kind of a shame how little support it got compared to their other multiplayer products.