• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan

• Still Jordan. Forever.

Votes: 1,077 70.8%
  • LeBron is the GOAT now

Votes: 380 25.0%
  • Kareem says hi

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Now that LeBron James has 4 rings and won a ring for three different teams, and still could conceivably catch Jordan's six rings, anyone taking LeBron as the GOAT?

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Michael had the higher peak but Lebron has the longer peak. Both are the goat.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If he's not #1, he's #2.

Not bad. Man is a machine, who puts in the work to maximize his otherwordly talent. Nothing but respect for the man, but I think we'll have to see how the rest of his career goes before we have this conversation.

Jul 4, 2018
1. MJ
2. Wilt

LeBron is somewhere in the top 10 for sure but he's had to team up with superstars like D Wade, AD for his rings and that's a completely different system to how things used to be played.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Lebron is the best overall player of all time imo. He makes everyone around him better. He won a championship basically on his own. Jordan never had to do that.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Still Jordan for me, but there's no fucking way you can conceivably leave LeBron out of the conversation by this point.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
LeBron for me, Hell IF we include college career, Kareem>Jordan as well.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man it's always gonna be Jordan.

LeBron can be the clear number 2 forever.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Still MJ.

I don't think it takes anything away from LeBron.

I also think at this point, considering LeBron anything other than GOAT or 2nd is absolutely ridiculous.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
LeBron is the best player basketball has ever seen. He has the most complete game of any player to touch the court.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
I've always thought it was MJ, but now I find myself voting for James.

He's just a better dude all-around, and his stamina is legendary.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Professional athletes are products of the times they come up. Rafa Nadal just won 20 grand slams, tying Roger Federer's 20 grand slams which is better than Novak Djokovic's 17 grand slams.

These are records that no one thinks will be broken...but in 20 years or so? Who knows?

Michael Jordan is one of the people I grew up with, almost 40 years old now. I don't doubt that with numbers, anything is surmountable. But for me, as a non-basketball fan, I always think of Michael Jordan. Becoming synonymous with a sport is probably a greater feat than a number, I think.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Bron top 2 ever. Idc for the comparisons. Depends on what you choose but bron one of the greatest ever.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Scored 100 points in a game. Lead in Assists, Scoring and Rebounds at different times throughout his career.
McGrady is the GOAT for scoring 13 points in 33 seconds, that's a way better point to second ratio than Wilt

Edit: And Miller of course

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
its mj and always will be mj. lebron is is mentally weak, just look at when the spurs destroyed the heatles and he took off like a whiny loser.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It will always be the legend of Jordan, and obviously we have no way to knowing how the reality would handle James.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
its mj and always will be mj. lebron is is mentally weak, just look at when the spurs destroyed the heatles and he took off like a whiny loser.

tenor.gif

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Lebron could win 10 championships and you wouldn't change my mind.

Both are great in their own ways, I just think Jordan had another gear he could shift into.

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Gonna be interested to see/hear If LeBron gets to 6 rings, how 2 were discounted, lockout and bubble rings.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan did it all for one team, Lebron leaves to go to better situations when he doesn't think he can win anymore with his current roster

So Jordan

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. MJ
2. Wilt

LeBron is somewhere in the top 10 for sure but he's had to team up with superstars like D Wade, AD for his rings and that's a completely different system to how things used to be played.

Yeah, is amazing how Jordan could win 6 rings while carrying such a loser like Scottie Pippen

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hate the "six for six" argument. It means instead of getting to the Finals and losing, he lost earlier in the playoffs, which is OBJECTIVELY WORSE.