• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Racism wow. So, there aren't any white NBA players who aren't college graduates? When did I mention anything about race?
Nice derailing my comment by making it about race and putting words in my comments where there aren't none.
I come from immigrants. Nice racism there. Personally attacking me because I criticized someone you love.
It's pretty clear you were misinformed in using a statement often used against black athletes whenever they campaign against racism in America.

Oct 25, 2017
nah you're just looking to cancel an important person. you don't give a shit what good they've done before, are currently doing and will continue to do.

it's the only bit of "power" you've got.
Why are you so sensitive to criticism of another person? We shouldn't be lining up to blow LeBron because he had a great track record before. Hollywood rapists and pedophiles did a lot of great charity work and social activism, so we shouldn't criticize them either.

Nothing makes a person immune to criticism. You seem frustrated that it's someone you think highly of.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Lebron isn't important 🤣
177.jpg

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Racism wow. So, there aren't any white NBA players who aren't college graduates? When did I mention anything about race?
Nice derailing my comment by making it about race and putting words in my comments where there aren't none.
I come from immigrants. Nice racism there. Personally attacking me because I criticized someone you love.
nah the very moment someone goes "well he didn't go to college" its very fucking coded.

a piece of paper doesn't mean shit anyway.

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
I don't want to hear him say another word about Kaepernick or police brutality in the US.

You don't get to choose choose when to stand up for something when it's convenient to you. The whole "this isn't the time or place" bullshit is exactly what people were using on the Kaep thing, which makes his statement incredibly ironic.

"You're not thinking about the financial ramifications". Fuck outta here with that.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
LeBron is at worst the second most popular athlete in the world and people are trying to act like he either isn't important or only important to black people. Acting like Morey is more important makes even less sense.

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why LeBron gave any opinion even if he was talking solely about the ramifications for the NBA that shit is 100% gonna be used against him, the NBA, and for propoganda. Those follow up tweets are gonna be completely ignored.

So in trying to call out Morey he essentially did the exact same thing that Morey did (with regards to the effect this is gonna have on the league).

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to hear him say another word about Kaepernick or police brutality in the US.

You don't get to choose choose when to stand up for something when it's convenient to you. The whole "this isn't the time or place" bullshit is exactly what people were using on the Kaep thing, which makes his statement incredibly ironic.

"You're not thinking about the financial ramifications". Fuck outta here with that.
Did you actually read what he said? Because you seemed to have completely missed what he was actually talking about. He was talking about the ramifications for players and personnel who were in China when the statement was made and how it affects their safety. Not just the financial side of it.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you so sensitive to criticism of another person? We shouldn't be lining up to blow LeBron because he had a great track record before. Hollywood rapists and pedophiles did a lot of great charity work and social activism, so we shouldn't criticize them either.

Nothing makes a person immune to criticism. You seem frustrated that it's someone you think highly of.

It's not just about lebron, and simple criticism isn't the tone of the thread

Its a bunch of children going for the throat over a minor infaction.

Ask yourself why so many are so eager to do that. Do you actually consider it productive in any way?

Nov 2, 2017
Except his comments aren't shitty once you actually look at what he is talking about. He is not saying Morey shouldn't have made the tweet. He is saying Morey should have considered the potential consequences of his tweet considering the NBA had players and personnel in China at the time and that his tweet put their safety at risk.

This is still just corporate apologism. If you want to talk about how Morey created a danger for a league contingent on the ground by posting less than 10 words, why is the focus on Morey and not the league that put all those people into such a precarious situation in the first place?

If LeBron wants to have a serious discussion about the relationship the NBA has with China, then I can cut him some slack that he vented a little about Morey in about the worst way he could. If LeBron is going to pass on talking about the bigger issue, then he gets zero slack from me on the subject of Morey.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Sounds like more people want to settle scores than actually think about this issue.

Morey is right to stand up for HK, morally.

There were players and personnel in China when he made his statements. China don't play that.

If those people got harmed, it's China's fault. But Morey triggered it. The cost would have outweighed the benefit. Heavily. And I bet some of the non-star players are thinking the cost still outweighs his tweets.

So I get why Lebron and others in the league are mad and making stupid ass statements. Morey's statements put a risk on those players out of nowhere.

Should NBA have even had a deal with China if stuff like this could happen? I'd say no, but capitalism.

Is Morey right in his stance? Yeah.

But the difference between Morey and Kap is that Kap put himself at risk. Him alone.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently he is misinformed on what the word misinformed means. You can say he was inconsiderate to the NBA players who were in China at the time, but misinformed implies a completely different meaning

RamsesGod43

Sep 28, 2019
Mississauga
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern trolling; trolling over a series of posts
Post your credentials so I can sweep you. Being an MIT MBA grad doesn't mean much in my circles. Homie that's not even an HSW (google it). You want to bring up how certain credentials makes others invalid of critiquing how other may be misinformed, as if an MBA from MIT specializes in international social media norms. Let's hop in a group message with some mod and post some info. I can possible refer you to my employer after you get this work.

You want to take an ignorant classist view on this topic, then let's stick with it.
Let's see. Continously, attacking me. A person with depression. Thought this was a welcoming community. Putting words in mouth and trying to disparage me as a person.

Criticizing a public figure is fair game, even if don't like it.

Oct 26, 2017
So much hypocrisy out of Lebron's mouth, it's disgusting. You wanted people to know that you were more than an athlete, but Morey was "uneducated on these matters"? What made you the man to determine that Morey was unfit to post about this? Morey literally just posted a "Fight For Freedom, Stand with Hong Kong" photo. Does he realize that people will now hold this against him? If he says someone wrong, you're gonna get tons of idiots syaing "lol stfu baller, you didn't go to uni/college, you're uneducated."

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of moral purists in here. Internet age is scary.

Poor statement from LeBron. He cleaned it up a little bit, but it's still rough.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
LeBron is spineless, fuck him, fuck everyone in that league for putting their head in the sand

Deleted member 59245

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
California
Did you actually read what he said? Because you seemed to have completely missed what he was actually talking about. He was talking about the ramifications for players and personnel who were in China when the statement was made and how it affects their safety. Not just the financial side of it.
You really think China is dumb enough to do something? Our shirthead would've started World War III if China did something.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Sounds like more people want to settle scores than actually think about this issue.

There were players and personnel in China when he made his statements. China don't play that.

If those people got harmed, it's China's fault. But Morey triggered it. The cost would have outweighed the benefit. Heavily. And I bet some of the non-star players are thinking the cost still outweighs his tweets.

So I get why Lebron and others in the league are mad and making stupid ass statements. Morey's statements put a risk on those players out of nowhere.

Should NBA have even had a deal with China if stuff like this could happen? I'd say no, but capitalism.

But the difference between Morey and Kap is that Kap put himself at risk. Him alone.
The players in China were never at risk. They just had to deal with an awkward situation for a few days. China was never going to take people hostage over this or whatever, that's a complete fantasy.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see. Continously, attacking me. A person with depression. Thought this was a welcoming community. Putting words in mouth and trying to disparage me as a person.

Your depression doesn't negate your coded racism, nor do I care about it. Do better, and know that my pieces of papers from elite institutions and employers stand higher than your's. Thus base on your logic, you can't really critique what I am saying.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is still just corporate apologism. If you want to talk about how Morey created a danger for a league contingent on the ground by posting less than 10 words, why is the focus on Morey and not the league that put all those people into such a precarious situation in the first place?

If LeBron wants to have a serious discussion about the relationship the NBA has with China, then I can cut him some slack that he vented a little about Morey in about the worst way he could. If LeBron is going to pass on talking about the bigger issue, then he gets zero slack from me on the subject of Morey.
I agree with all of that. My problem is that people continue to post in here as if LeBron is saying Morey was wrong to support Hong Kong or that Morey shouldn't have made the tweet. Which is not what he said at all.

If people wanna hate on LeBron for this situation then it's entirely possible to do it without going after him for something he never said. His stance is completely tone deaf and his use of the word "misinformed" was downright stupid, but he never sided with China or said that he doesn't support Hong Kong. And yet we have people posting memes of him embracing China. It's stupid.

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017

What does your depression have to do with saying something viewed as racist.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Holy cow. You think this whole China thing would be number-fucking-one on the NBA's put-out-fire list and then this happens. This makes the NFL kneeling look like child's play. The league is legit sympothizing with a Communist country trying to surpress the citizens of Hong Kong. I'm amazed that it just keeps getting worst for them. They're one step away from rolling out the Chinese flag before games.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

If those people got harmed, it's China's fault. But Morey triggered it. It cost would have outweighed the benefit. Heavily.

Morey shouldn't be compared to Kaepernick at all.

So much hypocrisy out of Lebron's mouth, it's disgusting. You wanted people to know that you were more than an athlete, but Morey was "uneducated on these matters"? What made you the man to determine that Morey was unfit to post about this? Morey literally just posted a "Fight For Freedom, Stand with Hong Kong" photo. Does he realize that people will now hold this against him? If he says someone wrong, you're gonna get tons of idiots syaing "lol stfu baller, you didn't go to uni/college, you're uneducated."
LeBron didn't say this though.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

The players were never in danger and that talking point is solely to distract from the NBA falling in line with China. LeBron's tweet will be used as propaganda. He knows better. He knows exactly what he did.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
If those people got harmed, it's China's fault. But Morey triggered it.

China isn't going to hold world famous American NBA stars hostage over a Tweet. Believing this situation makes publicly supporting Hong Kong a bad move for any reason other than financial ones is an actual dangerous precedent.