• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I'm disgusted Lebron James is talked about everywhere for that IG post, when you have the very own president of the United Stares engaged racism on a constant basis in his tweets.

This was very obvious it wasn't a racist post. But it makes noise everywhere.That's sad. Interesting to see this controversy comes just after Lebron attacks NFL owners... I'll just leave it there.

Having said that, I understand some people could understand that a different way. Lebron did well to apologize strongly rather than explaining himself. I'm a Black man and sometimes you hear or read things that makes you react, even if it wasn't intended to offend ( that Mark Cuban controversy about walking in the street and the hoodie remark years ago...).

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you're right if it wasn't someone with such a great track record and has shown to be a great person in all his years in the public eye people would be more angry

People have harped on others when they have similarly clean track records when they use the "if" qualifier. I accept "if" apologies personally. It was just interesting to see people gobble it up without question, given this site's track record.

Nov 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing antisemitic stereotypes
How is having a lot of money as a stereotype offensive?

People make zero sense to me

Daitokuji

Oct 27, 2017
Saying "if I offended anybody" is dumb but it's kind of a common phrase and some people probably use it and don't realize that it comes off as insincere. His apology seemed sincere so it seems like a poor choice of words, and not a flippant non-apology apology.

Oct 28, 2017
He was ignorant of the meaning but I believe his sincerity and him moving forward, even the "sorry if I offended anyone" part. Dude means well.

Hope it enlightens more people of the stereotype.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I'm disgusted Lebron James is talked about everywhere for that IG post, when you have the very own president of the United Stares engaged racism on a constant basis in his tweets.

This was very obvious it wasn't a racist post. But it makes noise everywhere.That's sad. Interesting to see this controversy comes just after Lebron attacks NFL owners... I'll just leave it there.

Having said that, I understand some people could understand that a different way. Lebron did well to apologize strongly rather than explaining himself. I'm a Black man and sometimes you hear or read things that makes you react, even if it wasn't intended to offend ( that Mark Cuban controversy about walking in the street and the hoodie remark years ago...).
How in the world are you posting this drivel? Everyone talks about how a Trump is a racist. It has nothing to do with LeBron posting offensive remarks.

Also trying to tie this to the whole NFL thing is tinfoil hat worthy. Yeah, Jerry Jones hired press to blow up this story to draw attention from NFL controversy.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This reminds me of how, a few years go, Jason LaCanfora (CBS NFL dude) tweeted out the slogan that is above the gate to Auschwitz, claiming it was song lyrics.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
User Banned (1 week): conspiracy theory and whataboutism
How in the world are you posting this drivel? Everyone talks about how a Trump is a racist. It has nothing to do with LeBron posting offensive remarks.

Also trying to tie this to the whole NFL thing is tinfoil hat worthy. Yeah, Jerry Jones hired press to blow up this story to draw attention from NFL controversy.

Not everyone is talking about Trump racist comments. Conservatives media don't. So don't be quick to say everyone.

And yes I'm saying the timing is odd. And it's typical ! When you want to discredit someone who is saying things you don't like, you look into past comments. And with hundreds of posts people are making today it's very easy to find something controversial.

Funny how Kevin Hart homophobic tweets made surface ONCE he was supposed to host the Oscars. A coincidence I guess...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone is talking about Trump racist comments. Conservatives media don't. So don't be quick to say everyone.

And yes I'm saying the timing is odd. And it's typical ! When you want to discredit someone who is saying things you don't like, you look into past comments. And with hundreds of posts people are making today it's very easy to find something controversial.

Funny how Kevin Hart homophobic tweets made surface ONCE he was supposed to host the Oscars. A coincidence I guess...
No one made Lebron post that up on Saturday!

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Was this song controversial when it came out or are people being selectively offended because they were offended by what LeBron said about the NFL?

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much. Looks like an athlete can get away with everything.

Naw, it's a combination of Lebron is a saint who uses his platform for good all the fucking time so people will cut him slack and like, if you listen to rap this shit (and much worse) is so common place we're more rolling our eyes that Bron just gotta be smarter with what he posts but we're not really wildin about it.

These dumb stereotypes been in rap from the jump. I'm more on Bron cause he def wouldn't post some "I'm gettin that white people money" that is in tons of rap songs so he should know you shouldn't post this stupid shit either. But this aint drag worthy given his resume. This is, "okay, I believe you Bron but now we watching"

Oct 31, 2017
It starts rough but turns into a solid apology for whoever reads it and doesn't just have a hot take

Bron's genuinely a good person, please don't send the IDF after him

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Nice too see the usual brushing off of antisemistim on here. Glad we got to bring that over from GAF

How is having a lot of money as a stereotype offensive?

People make zero sense to me
Cuz it's used to build up hatred towards us. Look at how it's used to rile up support on literally every conspiracy theory and how it all ties to Jews.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
There is a positive side to it, in that some people are at least being educated. Hopefully Lebron and people following this learn something.

Eh honestly I'm not bothered by him posting some rap lyric. Its shortsighted and kinda hypercritical considering the nfl statement, but whatever. I think what actually bothers me is people immediately brushing it under the rug cuz it's against Jews. This was always bad on GAF and still doesn't seem great here. Antismeitism is alive and well

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
At least it's cool to say that we're getting Arab money. Yeah!

Music or comedy get a lot of passes due to getting ironic and breaking typical boundaries to entertain, but if you're not trying to entertain someone it's a bigger deal.

That's why Lebron apologizes and 21 doesn't.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
LeBron is kind of stupid isn't he
Gtfo with that shit. Makes you look fucking stupid.
He is one of the most well spoken, intelligent and genuinely caring athletes in all of sports. He's stayed at the top of his craft for over a decade and helped hundreds of kids get an education.
But no, he is stupid because he quoted some dumb rap punchline he's done many times before without thinking about it's deeper implication this one time. That must be it...

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Eh honestly I'm not bothered by him posting some rap lyric. Its shortsighted and kinda hypercritical considering the nfl statement, but whatever. I think what actually bothers me is people immediately brushing it under the rug cuz it's against Jews. This was always bad on GAF and still doesn't seem great here. Antismeitism is alive and well
Yeah I dont personally think James meant any offense although he doesnt seem to fully grasp the issue, at least not when I first saw this news article. But many on this site have continued a very long tradition of treating antisemitism as less significant than other forms of bigotry.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Kinda worse than Phil Jackson's passing comment of Lebron and his entourage being "posse" that LeBron abruptly made it clear how racist that was of Phil Jackson to say a couple years ago. King James had no problem taking that to the next plateau, this is because it came from a rapper's song. At least he apologized.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dont personally think James meant any offense although he doesnt seem to fully grasp the issue, at least not when I first saw this news article. But many on this site have continued a very long tradition of treating antisemitism as less significant than other forms of bigotry.
Even if he doesn't fully grasp it, it does seem like he understands it isn't tolerated. Which is more than most could say. And he has built a pretty good line of credit, where it can be brushed off as a slip pretty easily.

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Era only cares about anti-semitism when it can be a tool used against the right

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
At least it's cool to say that we're getting Arab money. Yeah!

Music or comedy get a lot of passes due to getting ironic and breaking typical boundaries to entertain, but if you're not trying to entertain someone it's a bigger deal.

That's why Lebron apologizes and 21 doesn't.

Just goes back to what I said about hip-hop culture. Most in hip-hop culture don't know it's considered a negative thing which is why Lebron said it. Bron's been part of the culture since he was born. In this case more will realize it's a bad thing to say and they'll look at it differently but yeah it's not well-known to most in the community.

Gtfo with that shit. Makes you look fucking stupid.
He is one of the most well spoken, intelligent and genuinely caring athletes in all of sports. He's stayed at the top of his craft for over a decade and helped hundreds of kids get an education.

But no, he is stupid because he quoted some dumb rap punchline he's done many times before without thinking about it's deeper implication this one time. That must be it...

Louder for all those in the back!

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LeBron is a great guy and has a very public, great track record to prove it. I genuinely think that anyone that's pushing that he isn't based on one fuck up that he was called out on and apologized for in a timely manner is probably pushing some agenda to silence a powerful black man with an equally powerful voice that's being used for a lot of good. We need more LeBrons in this world.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People have harped on others when they have similarly clean track records when they use the "if" qualifier. I accept "if" apologies personally. It was just interesting to see people gobble it up without question, given this site's track record.
True . I personally don't mind the if qualified statements but also a persons track record matters obviously

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
"I'm not worried about James tampering to the media about AD. It's that James and Paul are mafioso mob bosses of the NBA that's the problem," a Western Conference general manager said, via Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutch...anonymous-gm-calls-lebron-james-mob-boss/amp/

This is my problem with LBJ and seems to be the case consistently . Great dude off the court, kind of a bitch on the court with far too much clout in the league. He gets away with things nobody else would be able to .

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Funny all the people here so tolerant of their NBA sports people celebrities and not people who dedicate their entire lives towards freedom for oppressed people in actual life. Its a joke.

Maybe i'm just too cynical of hollow celebrity factor playing into biased views these days