• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
LeBron James apologized Sunday for lyrics he shared on his Instagram account over the weekend that included the line, "getting that Jewish money."
"Apologies, for sure, if I offended anyone," James told ESPN following the Los Angeles Lakers' 107-99 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. "That's not why I chose to share that lyric. I always [post lyrics]. That's what I do. I ride in my car, I listen to great music, and that was the byproduct of it. So I actually thought it was a compliment, and obviously it wasn't through the lens of a lot of people. My apologies. It definitely was not the intent, obviously, to hurt anybody."

James was quoting the song "ASMR" by hip-hop artist 21 Savage and typed the lyrics, "We been getting that Jewish money, Everything is Kosher," onto his Instagram stories as he rode as a passenger in a vehicle while wearing a purple Lakers sweatshirt Saturday afternoon.

There is no indication that the NBA has any plans to fine James, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Full article: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...les-lakers-apologizes-jewish-money-ig-posting

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He didn't mean offense and I trust his general Intentions and values.

Apologize. Learn. Improve. Move on.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
When you actually have a track record, you can enjoy the benefit of the doubt.

Important point: have a track record.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that he has nothing to apologize for is insane here.

He's got a track record, which is why the apology will be accepted without an issue, but this was not cool at all.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Reminds me of the whole Story of OJ situation. Definitely not the worst thing ever, but it is still propagating a shitty stereotype.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to give Lebron the benefit of the doubt, but if he still thinks music spouting antisemitic stereotypes is great music, his apology rings more than a little hollow.

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
How are you a 33 year old man in this country and not know this stereotype about Jews? Apology isn't good enough.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If it was another person, people would probably be angry about the "if I offended" part.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing antisemitic rhetoric
Do y'all think yts can sing along to -ga too?

huh?

Ok before we go any further, let's look at what was actually said. He referred to "Jewish money" in the sense that Jewish people (really thinking Jewish-Americans in this) are one of the most financially successful ethnic groups. It's not some (((gLoBaLiSt))) conspiracy bullshit. Literally, all the line is saying is he wants to get a lot of money.

jmLaxUc.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/11/how-income-varies-among-u-s-religious-groups/

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
huh?

Ok before we go any further, let's look at what was actually said. He referred to "Jewish money" in the sense that Jewish people (really thinking Jewish-Americans in this) are one of the most financially successful ethnic groups. It's not some (((gLoBaLiSt))) conspiracy bullshit. Literally, all the line is saying is he wants to get a lot of money.

jmLaxUc.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/10/11/how-income-varies-among-u-s-religious-groups/
You heard it here first folks. If stereotypes have some factual basis they are no longer offensive.

mollusklover

Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I don't really know what you want out of this thread. The line isn't offensive. LBJ isn't some anti-Semite for quoting the line.
YOU don't think it's offensive. Many people do. And I can't look into another person's heart but when you quote antisemitic things that points to you being an antisemite

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
huh?

jmLaxUc.png

While seemingly meant as a positive from the artist, it's still propagating a stereotype. Like saying asians are good at math, or black men have big dicks. "Positive" stereotypes are still harmful. This one is particularly harmful in the paranoia it fuels about rich Jews controlling the world. A lot of people overlook some messed up lyrics in songs they like, not thinking about what's being said. Defenitely something to apologize over.