• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I do not want to delve into it, but as someone who experienced sexual abuse as a child and had a good friend that went through an especially traumatic and extensive amount of sexual abuse, this recent saga has been especially eye opening for me. I would not say that I am a huge fan of Michael's, but I do think he was a fascinating person and brilliant beyond just singing and dancing. I take a lot of inspiration in his work and I think as my life continues that will not change. A lot of his best work were complete team efforts though, so I think I can enjoy a lot of it without hating myself. Probably.

The more I think about a lot of this, the more I have trouble picturing scenarios where he was actually just a sweet weirdo. It is really crushing because I feel like a lot of my identity was kind of formed by people like him and Bill Cosby (lucky me). It makes me feel like an aloof idiot considering both of these cases were pretty much just open secrets that not many people wanted to actually get into over the years.

Robson to me seems kind of hard to believe at times. Not saying I think he lied or whatever, but he just seems like a fairly untrustworthy person. Safechuck however... Everything he says sends me back in time and really haunts my soul. It is all so vivid and genuine to me. I legitimately need to take breaks from hearing him because I feel like I am about to fall apart. I really hope he can find peace in life somehow because even if we were to act like this was all made up, he and his family are just such a disaster in every way.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Defending "sexual needs" in regard to a pedophile fucking children is easily the lowest point across all MJ threads but I'm glad it didn't come from someone on this forum.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Robson to me seems kind of hard to believe at times. Not saying I think he lied or whatever, but he just seems like a fairly untrustworthy person. Safechuck however... Everything he says sends me back in time and really haunts my soul. It is all so vivid and genuine to me. I legitimately need to take breaks from hearing him because I feel like I am about to fall apart. I really hope he can find peace in life somehow because even if we were to act like this was all made up, he and his family are just such a disaster in every way.
If you don't mind me asking. What about Wade made him seem untrustworthy.
Defending "sexual needs" in regard to a pedophile fucking children is easily the lowest point across all MJ threads but I'm glad it didn't come from someone on this forum.
Give it time. They will.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Finally watched it on HBO.

Before watching it, I thought that the two men in the documentary were the two prior accusers from the trials.

I can't believe anyone can defend MIchael Jackson after this. What a monster.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica

I could understand someone who have those thoughts seeking out a psychologist to help them, but defending them molesting kids with that argument is wrong. Jackson could of gotten help for his urges, but he decided to use his fame and money to groom little boys and molest them. He deserves to rot for what he did.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I could understand someone who have those thoughts seeking out a psychologist to help them, but defending them molesting kids with that argument is wrong. Jackson could of gotten help for his urges, but he decided to use his fame and money to groom little boys and molest them. He deserves to rot for what he did.
Of course. Getting help and ruining lives are two very different things

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Joyner Lucas putting the thumbnail for his track as MJ and singing about wanting him back made me want to bump this. Especially with people on the 'no concrete proof he abused' angle popping off again.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
:
I'm speaking more about XXX because there's hard proof of his deeds and he basically admitted to them.
Which is odd when you have MJ admitting to sleeping in bed with children and the mountain of evidence of his grooming and abuse. More "hard proof" talk about child rape. Just didn't want the JL song thread up without at least a bump to the victims.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
:

Which is odd when you have MJ admitting to sleeping in bed with children and the mountain of evidence of his grooming and abuse. More "hard proof" talk about child rape. Just didn't want the JL song thread up without at least a bump to the victims.
Ahh. Righto.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I haven't watched the doc and I've heard a lot of defenders and accusers arguing and honestly, I am unsure what to think.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I heard that one of the accusers said it didn't happen at his funeral and now he's saying it did

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I heard that one of the accusers said it didn't happen at his funeral and now he's saying it did
This is covered in the first page. If you actually care then read the posts in the thread, read the replies to your own posts and watch the documentary. It's hard to take this as anything other than a troll.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Wait, so did debbie rowe really claim they never had sex and his kids aren't his or is it just gossip?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Hostility
Is it covered in the doc though? I saw it on the sun.uk and didn't see anything of debbie in the doc
41m ago you said you hadn't seen the doc.
33m ago you were asking random questions still.

You evidently haven't seen the documentary. You obviously don't care to educate yourself. Can you please fuck off?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
41m ago you said you hadn't seen the doc.
33m ago you were asking random questions still.

You evidently haven't seen the documentary. You obviously don't care to educate yourself. Can you please fuck off?
Hey, chill. I am doing outside research first to prepare for myself for seeing the doc as it touches sexual assault, which is a topic that makes me queasy and is not for the faint of heart as this is a subject matter that is hard for me to watch and I need to prepare. Not to mention I'm on a work break now. So no need to for you to be a dick

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hey, chill. I am doing outside research first to prepare for myself for seeing the doc as it touches sexual assault, which is a topic that makes me queasy and is not for the faint of heart as this is a topic that is hard for me to watch and I need to prepare. So no need to for you to be a dick
You literally just claimed to having seen the documentary, I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be taking your constant questions seriously.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I never said that and I haven't seen it all. By not seeing anything on debbie on the doc, I meant that i haven't seen news which mention she is in the doc or information which shows she is in it.
I'd recommend just watching the documentary and reading the initial posts in this thread, which covers a lot. As you say it's a sensitive subject. It's a thread that has been trolled and poked at by drive-bys since it first went up, and even in its second life.

The nature of ignoring everything already here, not watching the documentary and asking questions about the validity of the victims isn't the best place to start following that, I hope you appreciate.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread (and the last one) are on an unending loop lol.

"I havent seen the documentary but didnt one of those two swear in court that MJ didnt do it."

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why this thread got bumped out of nowhere. (i didn't know it was the pedo's deathday) And then to see it's the same ol same. Ahh, good times.
This thread (and the last one) are on an unending loop lol.

"I havent seen the documentary but didnt one of those two swear in court that MJ didnt do it."
They're just asking questions.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think a lot of people are just hoping this "goes away" because he's dead and he made catchy beats.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
So I'm gonna stop listening to MJ'S music and I have an issue. My little sister is 12 and has been enjoying MJ'S songs for a few years ad it was even how we bonded when she was little. I'm not comfortable having his music play anymore and I'd rather she not listen to it either. I was wondering, do you think she's old enough for me to tell her about the accusations or can I explain it in "He hurt kids" manner?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm gonna stop listening to MJ'S music and I have an issue. My little sister is 12 and has been enjoying MJ'S songs for a few years ad it was even how we bonded when she was little. I'm not comfortable having his music play anymore and I'd rather she not listen to it either. I was wondering, do you think she's old enough for me to tell her about the accusations or can I explain it in "He hurt kids" manner?
I have believed him to be a pedo for a long time (since before he died). I won't listen to his music, but if I were in your position I don't think I'd try to get my sister to stop. When she's older (14-15 or so) then have the conversation and let her make her own choice about it. For now it shouldn't really matter if she listens or not given that she doesn't know about him. He's dead and the damage he inflicted has been done.

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017

I'd simply explain it as "he used his fame and money to hide that hurt children that looked up to him" and then leave it at that. I don't think you have to go into more detail with a twelve year old.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I'd simply explain it as "he used his fame and money to hide that hurt children that looked up to him" and then leave it at that. I don't think you have to go into more detail with a twelve year old.
The issue is, my little sister get curious and she'll ask for more specifics and she'll get mad if I refuse to tell her and I worry she might look it up herself

MirVie

Nov 17, 2017
The issue is, my little sister get curious and she'll ask for more specifics and she'll get mad if I refuse to tell her and I worry she might look it up herself

Then perhaps you should speak with a parent about this first. It probably should be a parent's call on how and when their child should get educated on complex issues like sexual assault and abuse.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Read this recent Sheryl Crow interview which highlighted a couple of points:
Crow pauses. "I happened to turn on CNN the morning after the first half [of the documentary] aired, and they showed clips of the young man who was on the Jackson tour with us and it made me … I mean, I still feel really … "

Crow grasps for the right weight of words. "It's like a death in the family, you know? It's sad. [James Safechuck] was a great kid and the whole time he was with us – which was the better half of an 18-month tour – I always wondered: 'What in the world are his parents doing?', you know?"

We sit in an uncomfortable gloom. Did she guess? Did she wonder? "Honestly, I think … " She takes a longer pause. "I think that there were a lot of exceptions made because of the damage that [Jackson] … I mean, he didn't intentionally project it, but it was part of his aura – this almost being untouchable and almost alien-like [figure]. And, yeah, I mean, I'm sad, and I'm mad at a lot of people. I feel like there was just a huge network of people that allowed all that to go on. It's just tragic."

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
User banned (2 weeks): Posting conspiracy theories. Victim blaming.
MOD EDIT: Inappropriate video removed

Last edited by a moderator: