• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phazedplasma

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you watch the doc and dont come away thinking MJ is a pedophile scumbag...you are suspect.

I just finished the doc and FUCK Michael Jackson.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Over the last week or so I've learned that some people on this forum view abusive emotional and mental manipulation of children as tolerable, just so long as said children weren't sexually abused. Absolutely fucking disgusted by some of you.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over the last week or so I've learned that some people on this forum view abusive emotional and mental manipulation of children as tolerable, just so long as said children weren't sexually abused. Absolutely fucking disgusted by some of you.
And as long as you like their art.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
No no, they just need "cold hard evidence". You know, the thing that is available in almost 0 cases of rape and sexual assault?

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I don't know how anyone can watch this documentary and After Neverland and still believe that these victims are lying. I find it concerning that the mods aren't doing more to combat the victim-blaming here. If they are allowing victim-blaming on this matter, they might as well allow it in every single other case of victim-blaming on this forum, because there is no difference. You allow it once, you might as well allow them all. There is no technicality. There is absolutely no reason at this point for MJ-worship to be the single exception.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
User Banned (1 Month): Trolling and Antagonizing Other Users Over a Series of Posts; History of Severe Infractions
Well, we know for a fact that Michael was a predatory child abuser. So there's no room for "opposing views" on that as it's fact.

Actually, we don't know shit. We know what these two claim. If you have proof or factual evidence as to MJ's guilt and them actually being raped please present it now. And don't feed me conjecture and the "We must believe the (alleged) victims!" spiel, give me actual tangible proof.

Did you watch the doc ?

I haven't. Not sure I want to entertain the nonsense, especially with it being four hours long but I know enough about the two guys making the claims to know they've lied before and for them as well as the director to use the word "documentary" it carries the thought of it being factual. Couple that with the bias in the media against MJ from tabloids and such for decades and the #metoo era we're in where people have been conditioned to take every single accuser at their word and hold the accused as guilty without any sort of proof and the natural (I'd like to think at least) gut reaction for most of us to have empathy for victims and of course some/many would emotionally jump to judging him as guilty ignoring any objectivity.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I think what pissed me off the most were the parents.

giphy.gif

(paraphrasing) I think he bought us a house after the trial. Yeah, maybe it was a pay off.

giphy.gif

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Actually, we don't know shit. We know what these two claim. If you have proof or factual evidence as to MJ's guilt and them actually being raped please present it now. And don't feed me conjecture and the "We must believe the (alleged) victims!" spiel, give me actual tangible proof.
That you don't see an adult man repeatedly sleeping in bed with unrelated 5-12yo boys as child abuse speaks volumes.

That you come into the thread saying you won't watch the documentary while demanding 'tangible proof' calling the victims liars is just downright vile.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't. Not sure I want to entertain the nonsense, especially with it being four hours long but I know enough about the two guys making the claims to know they've lied before and for them as well as the director to use the word "documentary" it carries the thought of it being factual. Couple that with the bias in the media against MJ from tabloids and such for decades and the #metoo era we're in where people have been conditioned to take every single accuser at their word and hold the accused as guilty without any sort of proof and the natural (I'd like to think at least) gut reaction for most of us to have empathy for victims and of course some/many would emotionally jump to judging him as guilty ignoring any objectivity.
Perhaps you should watch the doc before you bring that kind of dialog in here. It presents more than just the claims of the two guys (who it breaks down very specifically why they lied before and what specifically changed since then) and actually even has some audio evidence of him grooming them and their families.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm embarrassed for you.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

What cold hard evidence do we have that Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein are rapists?

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
As opposed to where? What mecca of free thought could you defend Michael in and not be met with any rebuttal?

No place is a mecca but some places are more open to free thought and expression. Social media for example. The mods do a reasonable job here btw, but they've modded people for things I felt was uncalled for plenty of times.

And that's not to say that I don't want or expect rebuttals or opposite views to anything. I love that we all have our own thoughts and opinions, but when you chime in with anything other than "He's guilty! RAR!", you're met with little ignorant slights and jabs by people here who will jump to labelling you or trying to get you modded for daring to express anything other than what they feel.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
What cold hard evidence do we have that Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein are rapists?

For Cosby's trash ass, none. He was convicted in fact off word of mouth and hearsay and no actual proof, which is silly to me despite me believing him guilty. I don't know enough about Weinstein's cases except that there was a recording of him harassing a woman and having over 80 women come forward against him.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Surprise surprise. Another abuse excusing dumb fuck strolling in here without having seen the documentary, you know, what this entire thread is about.

^Some of you are truly pathetic.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
No place is a mecca but some places are more open to free thought and expression. Social media for example. The mods do a reasonable job here btw, but they've modded people for things I felt was uncalled for plenty of times.

And that's not to say that I don't want or expect rebuttals or opposite views to anything. I love that we all have our own thoughts and opinions, but when you chime in with anything other than "He's guilty! RAR!", you're met with little ignorant slights and jabs by people here who will jump to labelling you or trying to get you modded for daring to express anything other than what they feel.
Well considering the crime I'd say that's understandable. We're not discussing StarWars or Captain Marvel here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

You don't see an unrelated adult man repeatedly sleeping in bed with small boys, while sending them daily love letters and plying their parents with gifts, as child abuse.

Really don't care about your sarcastic response when you're unable to even condemn that, choosing instead to ignore it and act persecuted.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So your just talking rubbish then.

What objectivity are we missing exactly ?
I think what pissed me off the most were the parents.

giphy.gif

(paraphrasing) I think he bought us a house after the trial. Yeah, maybe it was a pay off.

giphy.gif
Pretty much.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
For Cosby's trash ass, none. He was convicted in fact off word of mouth and hearsay and no actual proof, which is silly to me despite me believing him guilty. I don't know enough about Weinstein's cases except that there was a recording of him harassing a woman and having over 80 women come forward against him.

I don't know, begging a family to let you take their little boy with you on tour so you can keep sleeping with him seems pretty suspicious to me.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been defending the man for years. Is the doc as damning as it seems?
I have to watch this sooner or later. Fuck...I can't stomach knowing that I've been defending someone like that...forever basically.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It's beyond clear you have no clue about sexual abuse or assault, the affects they have and the (you'd think obvious) issues with proof that are inherent.

You're a walking embodiment of those issues, coming in hand-waving victims, eye-rolling the MeToo movement as if its just a bunch of women squawking without proof until someone (random, you must assume?) of their choosing goes to prison.

You're genuinely part of the reason abuse victims don't come forward. So well done for that I guess.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017

Disgusting individual

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

You're in no position to call anyone ignorant.

Deleted member 11039

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

By not watching the film you literally are ignorant on the topic.

Stop being a coward. Watch the film.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
That you don't see an adult man repeatedly sleeping in bed with unrelated 5-12yo boys as child abuse speaks volumes.

That you come into the thread saying you won't watch the documentary while demanding 'tangible proof' calling the victims liars is just downright vile.

Who said I didn't see him sleeping in beds with them as bad or inappropriate or even possibly abusive? This is my point from before. You all get so emotional that anyone daring not to see it your way is met with such ignorance and anger to where you just make up shit for your argument.

The idea that I have to watch this thing to say anything when I know enough of their lies from before this as well as the fact that by you guys own admission that there is no evidence presented is foolish. If you had tangible evidence you wouldn't rely on emotional response but here you are.

You all have mischaracterized and demonized any and everyone who doesn't tow the line and say what you want, use no objectivity whatsoever instead of seeking actual dialogue or understanding that you've proven my point tenfold.

Perhaps you should watch the doc before you bring that kind of dialog in here. It presents more than just the claims of the two guys (who it breaks down very specifically why they lied before and what specifically changed since then) and actually even has some audio evidence of him grooming them and their families.

Didn't know that. Maybe I will check it out eventually to be fully informed at the very least, even if I don't believe them. Thank you for the info.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who said I didn't see him sleeping in beds with them as bad or inappropriate or even possibly abusive? This is my point from before. You all get so emotional that anyone daring not to see it your way is met with such ignorance and anger to where you just make up shit for your argument.

The idea that I have to watch this thing to say anything when I know enough of their lies from before this as well as the fact that by you guys own admission that there is no evidence presented is foolish. If you had tangible evidence you wouldn't rely on emotional response but here you are.

You all have mischaracterized and demonized any and everyone who doesn't tow the line and say what you want, use no objectivity whatsoever instead of seeking actual dialogue or understanding that you've proven my point tenfold.

Keep digging that hole.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
You, for fuck sake:
Well, we know for a fact that Michael was a predatory child abuser. So there's no room for "opposing views" on that as it's fact.
Actually, we don't know shit.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Funny how after his acquittal in the 05 case the same jurors who aquitted gave interviews and said they thought he was probably molesting boys, you never hear the Jackson truthers mention that.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No place is a mecca but some places are more open to free thought and expression.

I haven't [seen the movie]. Not sure I want to entertain the nonsense, especially with it being four hours long but I know enough about the two guys making the claims to know they've lied before and for them as well as the director to use the word "documentary" it carries the thought of it being factual.

Actually, we don't know shit (about if they were abused).

Who said I didn't see him sleeping in beds with them as bad or inappropriate or even possibly abusive?

proudly ignorant and contradictory, with a side of righteous indignation.

Oct 25, 2017
It is.

If you are going to watch it. Please make sure to watch the Oprah special, also.

The important thing is you're willing to hear the truth.
I will. All I've ever known since I was a kid was the man was "innocent" from friends and family.
So it's a bit difficult trying to reassess those thoughts of him being a "hero" and all that.
People were suffering and I was one of the people cheering him on? God..

Yeah..it makes me sick.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Great and objective debate guys. Thanks for all the reasoned and non-emotional arguments and responses to support your claims. Later. ^_^
Glad you were incapable of actually coming back to anything.

Glad you're able to make light of child abuse, downplay it to 'inappropriate' and apparently take pride in being a walking testament to why abuse victims don't come out.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Great and objective debate guys. Thanks for all the reasoned and non-emotional arguments and responses to support your claims. Later. ^_^
Yeah, bail out after you embarrass yourself with blinding ignorance. Sounds good.

If your head wasn't so far up your ass you'd realize that some of the people in this thread have also suffered abuse.

But please, proceed with your tone policing.

Deleted member 41178

Banned
Mar 18, 2018

Let's be honest with your stance on the matter you don't really deserve a debate. You came in here ready to defend MJ and die on that hill.

It's pretty obvious at the least that MJ was a predatory child abuser based upon the documentary and to be honest even before that. I'm not touching upon the sexual abuse here, even though I think he did it, but more the manipulation and the way MJ separated these kids from their families, slept in the same beds as them etc.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
*plugs ears*
"lalalala he was innocent!!
I care so much about this topic, and have written many posts arguing, but a 4 hour documentary is too much!"

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing to me that people get away with trolling this thread constantly, yet there was a ban handed out in the London hoax bombing thread for literally nothing. Some of the posters in this thread should be permanently barred.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018

How the hell is there going to be proper debate when you're intentionally ignorant of the subjects of the documentary, because you refuse to watch it based on some preconceived notion of the victims?

You came into this thread dismissing victims of abuse having no knowledge of the information presented in the documentary, called into question the reliability of witness testimony (which is addressed in the fucking documentary by the victims themselves) went on some pompous moral tirade and then got emotional yourself when called out and bailed.

Yeah, real bastion of critical debate you are.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
If you're unwilling to call a grown man repeatedly sleeping in bed with unrelated child boys child abuse, instead preferring "inappropriate" then I'm actively dubious about your relationship with children in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.