• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Ethan Klein of H3 tweeted support of the victims on his twitter and now his subreddit is being brigaded by the defence force. It's insane.

The only people who have the time to shitpost and brigade places are alt-right or even worse, not even remotely surprising that these pieces of shit want to defend pedophilia.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What I found so disturbing was this was happening in plain sight. So much footage of him holding hands or arms around one another with young boys, whispering in each others ears. Displaying the body language and affection of a couple.
Exactly. Put two adults in the position of Michael and one of the boys and it looks like a normal thing a famous couple would be doing. It's so strange.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure what is more bizarre:

After the first legal case, both mothers allowed their children to continue hanging out with Jackson.

OR

After the first legal case, Jackson went right back to having sex with kids. The close call wasn't enough to dissuade him from changing tactics or habits.

Games

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately paedophiles with such high profiles will always have their defenders. Jimmy Savile was basically an open secret, large swaths of the population seemed to know there was something strange about the man, but people would always defend him. Even after scores of victims came forward some refused to admit there could be any truth to the accusations, because they only ever saw a different side to him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Michael Jackson had a lot more victims hiding away. Look at the way the ones who are willing to come out are treated, if you have suffered earlier in life, perhaps managed to put it all behind you, would you be willing to step out into that? It would be nice to live in a world where victims felt free to come forward and I hope more is done to encourage that, to prevent these kinds of attacks from various high profile celebrities while they're still active.

Of course that's all conjecture, perhaps he was a perfectly innocent man sharing bed with children.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure what is more bizarre:

After the first legal case, both mothers allowed their children to continue hanging out with Jackson.

OR

After the first legal case, Jackson went right back to having sex with kids. The close call wasn't enough to dissuade him from changing tactics or habits.
It's just a big bowl of fuck, that makes you just want to cry *sigh*
Of course that's all conjecture, perhaps he was a perfectly innocent man sharing bed with children.
That sentence is an oxymoron.

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had calls from my brother and messages fro my GF watching this on Channel 4 UK atm. They're a bit hesitant, downplaying, asking for facts and also seeing this online searches about how Wade and Jimmy were liers etc. Is there any way I can convince them more without sending them a link to this thread?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Oprah after show is required viewing too.
It is. Can can't be said enough.
Had calls from my brother and messages fro my GF watching this on Channel 4 UK atm. They're a bit hesitant, downplaying, asking for facts and also seeing this online searches about how Wade and Jimmy were liers etc. Is there any way I can convince them more without sending them a link to this thread?
Point out. That even putting aside the SA claims. What he did was still fucking disgusting.

Honestly you should link them this thread.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The heel turn on public perception of Jackson was very noticeable. He went from being outright accused of being a child molester on popular programs to revered icon after he died.
There's this weird thing people do where it's a faux pas to not let things go after someone's dead, like being dead is the end of the matter and all is forgiven now, no matter what they did. It's especially horrible in cases of abuse because the victim endured a lot of trauma while the abuser lived, and when that's no longer the case it gets exacerbated if anything because the stigma is "but they're gone now, let it go". Like the pain leaves because of that. It's never that simple. And it absolutely makes it harder for victims to come forward and say what happened to them because they're seen as disrespectful!

Oct 27, 2017
Im guessing that mj didnt molest every kid in sight. He seemed to prey on those who came from parents who were weak, and culkins parents were not weak. They were super controlling of his wealth and were not the kind of powerless people that fit the sexual abuse profile.

I don't get why people think Culkin was fine around michael any adolescent at that age around him were inflicted by his influence whether he touched them or not the fact that he was in the same bed with him is enough for a child to be influenced by what that persons intent is

Last edited:

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished watching. Here's my 2 cents. Before i go on my knowledge of MJ's bullshit is sparse but i think i know enough to express a valid opinion.

1. Was it a good documentary? Sure, definitely felt like they upped the drama here and there, but to me i learned a lot of disturbing shit i didn't know. The amount of emotional abuse is insane. How ANYONE can defend that is ridiculous.

2. Did he really do it? Honestly, i don't know. The stories are powerful but there's so many flip flops and shady shit through out the years it's hard to believe anyone really. Do i believe MJ is 100% innocent? Fuck no. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew the ones he could manipulate and others he used as a "friend" to cover his ass if he ever got caught.

3. Please STFU with the "robbed childhood" bullshit. Yes, it's well documented child celebs sometimes go way off the deep end. But this fucking guy was on top of the world. He was a genius, amazing business smarts, and the dude was a well known master troll. To drink the kool-aid and think he isn't smart enough to realize sleeping with unrelated kids is wrong just makes me want to punch a damn window. There is nothing pure with being in a bedroom with underage kids. I don't give a shit how bad your childhood is, if you're sleeping in the bed with kids who isn't yours, you're a scumbag. Period. The ONLY reason why anyone gives him a pass because he's famous. Swap him with the average joe and he would be hanged by the internet within seconds.

He was warned by MANY people. And he still did it. There. Is. No. Excuse. He's a scumbag. And this isn't even talking about the potential sex abuse. This is everything he's ever admitted to or at least some proof.

4. Am i gonna blacklist his music? No. He's dead. At this point it's all bout his victims finally sharing their story. I'm not going to feel guilty listening to a song when it's on. Any money his estate makes is going to his mom and kids i believe so it's whatever. His die hard fans come off like a cult so not even going to bother attempting to debate.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people think Culkin was fine around michael any adolescent at that age around him were inflicted by his influence whether he touched them or not the fact that he was in the same bed with him is enough for a child to be influenced by what that persons intent is
Exactly.
Death threats to Wade. What the fuck is wrong with people?
Because those people have replaced their own personalty with MJ.

Just like "gamers" do. Or anyone else with pop culture.

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to remind people that Tom Mesereau, so beloved by the Jackson cult, represented Robert Blake (who was improbably found not guilty) in his murder trial and was Bill Cosby's retrial attorney. I know that's his job as a defence attorney, I know he does some good pro-bono work but he should be recognised for what he is; a highly skilled lawyer frequently hired by rich men suspected of grotesque acts.

Last edited:

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Wow, this thread really took a turn. I read through the first 15 pages and people were vehemently arguing back and forth on the subject. These last two pages are simply "Yup, he did it."

I watched Part 1, but so far the documentary is kinda boring, and just going through the details and timeline of the abuse. Part 2 must be the clincher, huh?

Deleted member 1299

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Baltimore, MD USA
Not sure how anyone can watch the first episode and listen to Jimmy Safechuck's story and not feel absolutely terrible for him. The man is clearly damaged. You can hear it in his voice and see it in his mannerisms.

The interview on the plane with MJ was so sweet. He's portrayed as such a tragic person at that point that you have genuine compassion for his inability to be normal. His relationship with the Safechuck's could have been innocent if he wasn't such a sick man. It's a real shame.

Oct 25, 2017
The only people who have the time to shitpost and brigade places are alt-right or even worse, not even remotely surprising that these pieces of shit want to defend pedophilia.

Alt-Right people are also defending MJ because he "called out the Jews". And "the push for him to be guilty" is of course, because the Jews must be behind it.

Oct 25, 2017
That documentary isn't as much about Michael Jackson's crimes as it is a doc about grooming and the dangers of hero worship. Given Feldman's accusations about what goes on in Hollywood, and what happened to him, he should have been supportive of this doc from the start.

You can't fault Feldman here. He was molested and taken advantage of in many ways during that time and it seems like MJ was one of his only friends/hero. It was probably very hard for him to come to this realization and I doubt it was easy for him. Look how hard it is for people that didn't even know him personally.

hongcha

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone who is even remotely interested in this topic (or child sexual abuse in general) needs to watch both parts 1 and 2 and the oprah after neverland special. Over 5 hours, but yeah, you need to do it. You only get the full picture and all of the info by doing that. After watching all of that I challenge anyone with a rational mind and a decent and empathetic heart to still think these guys are lying. With James, it was clear from part 1 that he was telling the truth (and this only became clearer through parts 2 and the after special). With Wade I was less sure until part 2 (well, let's say 100% sure with James but 90% sure with Wade), when some real, deep-rooted emotion overflowed from him at times. You can't fake that. And yeah, the after special is extremely powerful and brings great clarity and closure to the whole thing.

No one who didn't experience this stuff would make it up with such real and uncontrollable emotion. Oprah obviously believed these guys when she heard their stories. She can see through the BS when it comes to this stuff (having experienced it herself). She would not have done the special if she thought they were lying.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Everyone who is even remotely interested in this topic (or child sexual abuse in general) needs to watch both parts 1 and 2 and the oprah after neverland special. Over 5 hours, but yeah, you need to do it. You only get the full picture and all of the info by doing that. After watching all of that I challenge anyone with a rational mind and a decent and empathetic heart to still think these guys are lying. With James, it was clear from part 1 that he was telling the truth (and this only became clearer through parts 2 and the after special). With Wade I was less sure until part 2 (well, let's say 100% sure with James but 90% sure with Wade), when some real, deep-rooted emotion overflowed from him at times. You can't fake that. And yeah, the after special is extremely powerful and brings great clarity and closure to the whole thing.

No one who didn't experience this stuff would make it up with such real and uncontrollable emotion. Oprah obviously believed these guys when she heard their stories. She can see through the BS when it comes to this stuff (having experienced it herself). She would not have done the special if she thought they were lying.
My experience exactly

Went through the same thought process as I continued to watch

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
User banned (2 Weeks): trolling, victim-shaming of a series of posts, hostility and personal attacks
Imagine being that much of a cunt to not actually watch the documentary. But to still come in here and completely dismiss the two victims, accusing them of having no creditability. As well as ignoring every post in here.

You're being hysterical and need to be slapped. Wade Robson is not a reliable narrator. A perjurer at best - a scam artist at worst. This should be noted before anyone decides to watch this documentary.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
You're being hysterical and need to be slapped. Wade Robson is not a reliable narrator. A perjurer at best - a scam artist at worst. This should be noted before anyone decides to watch this documentary.
ehfw1nxfq0211.gif

If you're not going to watch the documentary, don't attempt to comment on whether or not Wade is a reliable narrator.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018

A sexual abuse victim isn't to believed because they weren't initially honest about being sexually molested when they were a child.

Congratulations that has to be one of the worst things I've read in this thread.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I was abused around age 10 to around 13, when I was asked in my late 20s if I had ever been molested by this person (his sister had accused ), I denied it. I used to attend support group at male survivor, I met a man there who was abused by a priest as an adolescent, then later in life he let that same priest perform his wedding. It can take a long, long time for you to recognize the damage done from sexual abuse, in particular if it's from pre adolescence. These men are telling the truth.

Oct 26, 2017

A scam artist? Who is he trying to scam? Last I checked, he didn't get any compensation for the documentary. Also massive LOL @ calling someone a perjurer without any understanding of the complexities of testifying when one is an abuse victim. By your logic, anyone who struggles, chooses not to report, or denies sexual abuse at first is a perjurer. That kind of austere interpretation won't get you anyone and will result in future victims choosing not to report due to fears of not being believed or facing tons of persecution because clowns like you think you know more than you actually do. What you espouse is a dangerous mentality.

Also, it's funny how you're shifting the goalposts into Wade Robson when Michael Jackson's behaviour was filled with tons of red flags, but we all know you won't address them because they don't fit your shambolic narrative of Robson being a crappy human being.

EDIT: Oh good, he got banned. Fuck that loser.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Actually dont believe any of them at this point. I liv3d through the jackson trial and put him through the ringer and tore apart all his properties while he was out of the country to make sure he didnt know. Interviewed over 50 children past and present and it all came up with nothing. And the investigation was done by a police department who hated Michael because of how weird he was.

All this is now is pissing on a dead man's grave. Culkin and other child rape survivors of Hollywood have been getting stories from other stars and kids that havr been abused for the last decade and Culkin himself doesnt believe anything happened with Michael outaide of him being a weirdo.

Agreed with every word. I wont say much more except that I don't believe them as I know how things work here with opposing views.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with every word. I wont say much more except that I don't believe them as I know how things work here with opposing views.
Well, we know for a fact that Michael was a predatory child abuser. So there's no room for "opposing views" on that as it's fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.