• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
There's lots to choose from but what Final Fantasy character do you think has the ugliest attire?

I'm sure there is worse if I think about it more, but Kuja has always been unreasonably barf to me

1DVa0Ua.png

UuQL4iU.png

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The character in the OP would be a bog standard "female JRPG character" design lol

latest

Whatever the fuck this is, this has to be up there

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
This is going to turn into another bad JRPG character design thread. Pretty funny it's all FF so far.

Edit: Missed the part about FF

Last edited:

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Kuja looks like he fits in the world of FF9.

It certainly made an impression, though. Great colour-scheme. I think he looks great! <3

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It's probably something from FFX. Crusaders and Al Bheds are cool people but damn they just wear random stuff most of the time.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Couldn't even give her a propper skirt.
Here have this piece of red cloth.

latest
I always wondered why she is touching her nose in this image. On top of why having a blouse, corset and skirt combo that all seem held on with willpower and superglue made any sense for a princess heading off adventuring. Also plate-armoured stockings that tuck into sort-of leg bracers with massive cuffs? It's like it's all meant to be evocative of pirate-style boots, plate armour and lingerie all at the same time

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Tidus and his dumb uneven shorts, shoes, overalls, chains and all the other overdesigned stuff. Gets a bonus multiplier for being on the MC.

Last edited:

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
The character in the OP would be a bog standard "female JRPG character" design lol

latest

Whatever the fuck this is, this has to be up there

This is it for me. While it would still be awful, it would at least be slightly better if she wasn't wearing flesh-coloured pants/leggings/jumpsuit under the yellow...thing. It just looks like she's running around without any pants on in-game.

That Luso Clemens getup is also pretty wild...how many things do they want him to wear?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
The FFXV main cast. I usually enjoy how flamboyant or over-the-top FF can be with character designs, even if I don't think they're good at least they're something...but the XV cast is a bunch of vaguely pretty cardboard cut-outs in boyband black. There's something weird about their proportions too, none of them have hips or asses so they're just a straight tube from torso to feet. Though to be fair 'man without an ass' is literally a video game staple at this point, far from exclusive to FF.

iu

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
latest

I mean there are so many, some already listed, but I always hated the belt dress. Impossible to move in, extremely heavy but enough gap to show thiigh and stockings. It's awful.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Some armors from FFXIV, perhaps. And the entire Viera culture across games.

I always wondered why she is touching her nose in this image. On top of why having a blouse, corset and skirt combo that all seem held on with willpower and superglue made any sense for a princess heading off adventuring. Also plate-armoured stockings that tuck into sort-of leg bracers with massive cuffs? It's like it's all meant to be evocative of pirate-style boots, plate armour and lingerie all at the same time
She learned from Skyrim that knees are the most important part of your body that need to be protected.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I'm sure there is worse if I think about it more, but Kuja has always been unreasonably barf to me

I'm not saying the outfit is great or in good taste, if it was a woman in this outfit, almost nobody would even bat an eye.

It's every time the same reactions when a male character show a bit of skin or is not "manly" enough. Ex: Vaan or the Mobius Final Fantasy character. Some guys just like jockstraps, don't kink shame please.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of like the first few party members FFIX's character designs in general are garish and ugly. It's so weird to that they nail some of the others while working within archetypes and then they just kinda throw shit at the wall for the rest of the cast.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've always thought they were pretty much all terrible and over designed, same goes for most JRPG I've played though to be honest.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely Eiko from Final Fantasy IX. Even Kuja's awful clothing doesn't even come close to it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The FFXV main cast. I usually enjoy how flamboyant or over-the-top FF can be with character designs, even if I don't think they're good at least they're something...but the XV cast is a bunch of vaguely pretty cardboard cut-outs in boyband black. There's something weird about their proportions too, none of them have hips or asses so they're just a straight tube from torso to feet. Though to be fair 'man without an ass' is literally a video game staple at this point, far from exclusive to FF.

iu
These designs are just mind numbingly boring.
Just like the rest of the game honestly.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
People listing FF15 really makes my brain boggle. Like, in a series with such stand outs as Nooj, Tidus, FFTA2 pizza cutter and so many more. You pick the characters who could actually wear their outfits in real life and not be commented on.

Like, I really don't want to stereotype but it's four good looking guys in fairly normal clothes you could go out and buy today. Compared to 'bunny tit fetish armour' and 'child showing off her genitals'. How on *earth* could they possibly be the worst outfits of the series?

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
I always wondered how many pieces of cloth are those designs and how the hell do you dress in some of those. It could make a cool drinking game.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
latest

Luso Clemens from FFTA2.
It's like they just couldn't stop drawing. The level of complexity makes it difficult to even make out some of the detail, which feels like a failure of design (I can't even see his right arm unless I really look hard for it).

How does he even put all this on? Does he have somebody help?
I feel like I need to see a step-by-step like this to understand.