• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine using Abigail

iwTehXO.png

Alt outfits don't count but post ugly ones regardless.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
MK4_Reptile.png

2af40ba5626d20930805c47f10f787ea.jpg

I find most incarnations of reptile to be awful -- which confuses me. A lizard man should be cool in theory

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
latest

The mix of banana hair and this outfit makes him look terrible.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sylvie from KOF14

maxresdefault.jpg

And basically pick anyone from Killer Instinct

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Why are you posting normal looking characters when you have horrible stuff from like Arcana Hearts or older stuff like Bio Freaks or War Gods or Tattoo Assassins, etc, etc

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
hol-pic.jpg

2571363-011.png

The Amiga had a lot of lumpy unaesthetic nightmare folk.

Last edited:

riverfr0zen

Oct 27, 2017
Manhattan, New York
I really couldn't get into any of the Clayfighters, but I think it was the aesthetic at large that did not appeal to me.

Also, certain characters in the Turtles fighting game (SNES) were very meh.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Almost every character from the tekken series, over designed, tacky, edgy, try-hard trash with a few notable exceptions.

The games are great but the character design is butt tier.

Imagine using Abigail

iwTehXO.png

Alt outfits don't count but post ugly ones regardless.

Yeah Abigail is a good pick, awful design but the dude is super fun to play, at least some of his alt costumes were okish.

Last edited:

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Area from SFEX/Fighting Layer. Textbook "What the hell were you thinking" character. She was my gold standard in horribly designed characters for the longest time.

7jaZmVa.jpg

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Rufus is pretty awful but a lot of SF4's aesthetic was kind of crummy, from the muppet faces to the weird proportions that didn't translate well from the artwork to the models. SFV ain't the best for that, but it has, at least, a more consistent style (somehow, since so many of the later characters were outsourced).

Fahkumran is abysmal, to me, moreso than probably any Tekken character previous.

Sylvie from KOF14 is kind of bad, but I think she looks kind of okay in other media. That game's art direction did it zero favors.

Does Castlevania Judgement count?

YES.

The music is good, the attempt at an arena brawler was... passable but good lord almost all of the designs in the game were awful.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Why are you posting normal looking characters when you have horrible stuff from like Arcana Hearts or older stuff like Bio Freaks or War Gods or Tattoo Assassins, etc, etc

Pretty much. If this isn't limited to major IPs there are dozens SF2 and MK clones released in the 90s that have seen far worse.

Though I'd say Voldo is a special kind of not aesthetically pleasing. Which btw is not the same as bad design.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
latest

Sylvie Paula Paula in KOF XIV.

latest

Maria Renard's portrayal in Castlevania Judgment.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Chipp Zanuff's uncomfortably tiny headed look in Guilty Gear Strive bothers the crap out of me.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Ken doesn't even look that bad.

kVvmBBT.png

I think I prefer the manbun to his SF4 He-Man hair.