• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Leaks where you know the information being presented to you is false, but you still enjoyed the concepts being presented or appreciate the effort that went into making it.

Every Pokemon generation gets a bevy of fake leaks made for it like clockwork, usually in the form of "concept art" of the three starters, and I usually always like them. Theres a lot more effort that goes into most Pokemon "leaks" than the usual "blurry photo of a photoshopped logo." If anything, you get plenty of nice art out of these leaks!
2d0.jpg
100285d5a705781dcc81e6bccf10d9ce2d93f4a7_hq.jpg

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
There's been a lot of World of Warcraft Leaks that seemed cool as hell.

Like the most recent Shadowlands leak looked fun and neat and even though we -got- a Shadowlands expansion announced I still liked the leaked version a lot as well.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The concept of having a port for 3ds/ds games in the Wii U, where the screen on the controller would act as the bottom screen of the ds and the tv would be the top screen. That would have been amazing.

Jan 11, 2018
Star Fox Grand Prix. I was surprised how many people believed this was happening. It would have filled three desires for me: A great Star Fox game, something to fill the gap until Mario Kart 9, and Retro Studios actually releasing a game.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah those Pokemon starters was the first thing I thought of. Devastated when it was confirmed to be fake lol.

Star Fox Grand Prix. I was surprised how many people believed this was happening. It would have filled three desires for me: A great Star Fox game, something to fill the gap until Mario Kart 9, and Retro Studios actually releasing a game.

Has this actually been confirmed to have been fake though? I know there was a thing when some people thought the leakers might've seen part of that Ubisoft game..but I can't remember if any of the insiders ever commented on that.

Monstress

Sep 9, 2019
Dishonored 2: Darkness of Tyvia
I really didn't want an hypothetical sequel to take place in Dunwall again. I ended up loving the game that came out, but I still wonder what DoT could have been.

Feb 5, 2018
The Grinch Leak, aka the Smash "leak" that was just too good to be true.

Well, at least Banjo & Kazooie eventually made it in.

/thread. That leak supported:

- Ken, which already was leaked
- Shadow, which was a logical choice considering Ken and 3rd party echoes
- Chorus Kids, a previously presumed cut character
- Mach Rider, our "weird" retro choice
- Banjo, Geno and Isaac, our big 3 after Ridley and K. Rool broke the fucking wheel.

The whole thing just made sense with how reveals were going at the time. But then Incineroar (who I love btw), came and ruined it lol.

Not only that, but this shit actually got someone and/or a company in trouble. Also, its never been revealed how the faker got away with it.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Fakemon and Smash rosters are easy picks. Smash rosters especially because almost all of them are just "Here's everyone's favorite characters!"

Also, every single Marvel 4 leak.
mvc4_leak_logo.jpg

They're all completely fake and super obvious about it, but damn if I don't want more Marvel.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The castle sequence from the Nintendo On hoax is still such a cool way to advertise a new console

(1:29)

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Recently? I don't know if this is considered a leak, since I believe it was used in some real material somewhere, but I wanted to believe this was MG Rising 2 so badly.

metal-gear-rising-2-2.jpg

If we're going back to the 2000's, I feel like these two images are iconic at this point...

D1MRJfqVsAAUmKW.jpg

D1MRJtjV4AAkgia.jpg

Thankfully we eventually did get a mvc3, which I loved.

Thankfully when we finally got MVC3 it was a awesome game.

Lol damn, same exact thought!

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, platypus water pokemon sounds like it could improve Empoleon. Maybe.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
nJBS2nO.jpg

Not the leak itself, but the legendary thread behind it.

Came here to post this. The thread was truly something, what a ride that was. The perfect answer to the eternal question "why do you choose to talk about games on a forum instead of actually playing them?". The hype and conspiracy was unreal. Next gen is missing an event like this :p

Dec 31, 2017
The starfox/metroid cross over
I still want that.

Star Fox x Metroid would get me to buy a Switch the day it's announced.

People were seriously arguing (and one guy insulted me over it) that the two universes were completely aesthetically incompatible. Which was, and is, a stupid argument.

There's no such thing as an impossible idea when it comes to entertainment. Just one that hasn't been figured out how to bring to life.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
That one NeoGAF "leaker" who heavily implied Final Fantasy VI was getting remade.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
/thread. That leak supported:

- Ken, which already was leaked
- Shadow, which was a logical choice considering Ken and 3rd party echoes
- Chorus Kids, a previously presumed cut character
- Mach Rider, our "weird" retro choice
- Banjo, Geno and Isaac, our big 3 after Ridley and K. Rool broke the fucking wheel.

The whole thing just made sense with how reveals were going at the time. But then Incineroar (who I love btw), came and ruined it lol.

Not only that, but this shit actually got someone and/or a company in trouble. Also, its never been revealed how the faker got away with it.
It didn't make sense at all that there would be 7 final characters. Sakurai said just a few left, before k.rool, and said he paced reveals bad, and said from the start to not expect too many new characters.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Fakemon and Smash rosters are easy picks. Smash rosters especially because almost all of them are just "Here's everyone's favorite characters!"

Also, every single Marvel 4 leak.
mvc4_leak_logo.jpg

They're all completely fake and super obvious about it, but damn if I don't want more Marvel.
God, same.

Also this, for "Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3X":

WEZqy.png

I knew it was bullshit but every fiber of my being wanted it to be true

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The concept of having a port for 3ds/ds games in the Wii U, where the screen on the controller would act as the bottom screen of the ds and the tv would be the top screen. That would have been amazing.

I wouldn't say knew was fake so much as felt the evidence behind it was too weak to make much of, but I liked the idea that the Switch cartridges were going to be designed to have extra writeable flash memory with which to store DLC that could then be transferred and sold as part of the cartridge.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I still want that.

Star Fox x Metroid would get me to buy a Switch the day it's announced.

People were seriously arguing (and one guy insulted me over it) that the two universes were completely aesthetically incompatible. Which was, and is, a stupid argument.

There's no such thing as an impossible idea when it comes to entertainment. Just one that hasn't been figured out how to bring to life.
I mean they really are incompatible if you want to stick to the integrity of both series. Having goofy cartoon talking animals in the metroid universe makes no sense at all. Not to mention....where was team star fox when the galaxy was threatened by phaaze? They would have been there in the logic of the universe.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Back in the old days there was a FFVIII-2 april fools joke that was obvious but amazing and made me want it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Hard to think of a fake leak that i didn't wanted xD

Part of what makes most fake leaks "hey this is fake" is exactly the "soo good to be true" part of it =P

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Everything about Fallout 76 before we found out it was an online game, I was so hyped for a new "new vegas"

I'll also be very very disappointed when we find out every leak about all PlayStation 1-4 games being playable on ps5 end up fake. I dont care how powerful it is relative to xbox, I dont care what games go to pc or when, I dont care about RT or vibrating triggers, I dont care about what it looks like, but I absolutely want it to be the BC beast it should be.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo ON was so obviously fake but I wished it was real at the time. Even if the 3d Mario looked horrible.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The Grinch one because as the grabd ending reveal it would make sense and every character there was amazing apart from shadow. And i would be happy shadow was in if we had Hans (isaac), the chorus kids and a new reinterpretation of mach rider as a female character with hopefully a new game in the future like what happened with Pit, and Banjo of course.
But we all know what happened and Sakurai loves to blow everything at the beginning leaving the shit for the end.
At least Banjo happened.
And at the end incineroar, ken and piranha plant was a terrible ending. Boring trite, inceneroar being saved somewhat because of interpetration but I still think as the "out of left field" character piranha plant was trash and tetrimino or mach rider would have been more interesting and fun. The only good thing piranha plant has is the fake victory screen.

The StarFox grandprix was exciting once we knew it worked nothing like F-zero (making f-zero survive as a future game hopefully).
It really seemed like a real evolution of the star fox formula. There were still enemies to shoot but now speed was a factor, im pretty sure the rumour also confirmed bosses. It also opened the doors to good multiplayer with the exact star fox on rails formula finally.
And Retro could have done all of this great.

But it was probably fake and at "best" not going anywhere and cancelled sadly.