• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HOOOLY SHIT!!! Remastered on XSX??? Day one. Soo happy I've not beaten it yet, still got 40% left.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
So we're just believing a Twitter account with 8000 followers that was conveniently the only person on the entire internet to spot it before the listing was taken down? And cover art that uses pre-existing art that's just been Photoshopped a different colour?

Na. I'm going with bullshit.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
This. Is. Not. Real.

People, please listen to reason. If it's too good to be true, and the only source is a dumb (constantly wrong) Twitter account, it's too good to be true.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Pals let's consider the sourcing in this month-old twitter account.

Deleted Amazon listing
Deleted tweets
4chan
Discredited sources who had Elden Ring releasing 2020

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
RDR 1 being free from the clutches of last gen is awesome news. Wonder if that includes Undead Nightmare?

Please be real :(

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Probabaly fake, but the moment Rockstar rereleases RDR1 on a modern platform, I'm there.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
Was so excited for a remaster of RDR1 but yeah I'm sadly going with a fake. Should have known better than to get my hopes up but I wanted to believe.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Why are we posting anything from that Twitter user? They post anything as a rumor/leak including incredibly nonsense ideas like Square Enix selling off IPs.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Have any of these "Amazon deleted the listing before anyone could actually see it except for this one person" rumors ever been real

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
But they told me the RDR code was held together by paper clips...
Remake means they're making new code reusing assets, animations, ai/quest programming from RDR2 and taking as little as possible from the first chapter.

The condition of the rdr1 codebase doesn't really matter

edit: I'm really bad at writing

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not that there's any more reason needed to believe this is BS, but why would amazon list anything for xbox series S when it doesn't play physical media? cross gen titles are listed as xbox one/xbox series x.

enwpf2gxuac5yyg6zkr1.jpeg

screenshot2020-11-21ar6kll.jpg

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, Rockstar could not even be bothered to update GTAV for PS4 Pro/XBX. Do you really think they are doing a full on remake of RDR1?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Look forward to buying it at full price again if you already own it... RDR1 remake is at least nice, depending on how big of a remake we're looking at here. Hope it comes to PC too, which I'll also be interested to see how they handle RDR2 upgrades there, if at all.
It'll be interesting if they can justify it for RDR2, though I mean... Control/DMC V are two examples that are already essentially doing it for little benefit, so I'm sure R* could get away with it. Ray tracing is quite a big addition though.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm not believing this. Until Rockstar themselves confirm it, going with this being bullshit. Be fantastic if it ends up being true though.

Jun 20, 2018
I think I'd happily pay for this. I put so many hours into the second game in particular, more than got my money's worth from that version already.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Welp, it's fake.
BUT, just for curiosity, what do you people think R* would do regarding the narrative if this ends up existing?
RDR1 then RDR2, the way it is now, OR, they will change some stuff to make you continue the story from RDR2's ending and then play the RDR1 story?

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
It's very hard to believe they remake RDR1. If it's just a remastered, I can at least still believe it.

But then, Rockstar should do this kind of collection anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, it's fake.
BUT, just for curiosity, what do you people think R* would do regarding the narrative if this ends up existing?
RDR1 then RDR2, the way it is now, OR, they will change some stuff to make you continue the story from RDR2's ending and then play the RDR1 story?
Better the way it is now, I can't imagine going back to red dead 1's gameplay after playing through red dead 2. If such a collection exists, I don't imagine rockstar will change the gameplay as that will basically be a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.