• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
VitalitySensor
Aug 27, 2019
Yikes. I don't know Sabi very well but every interaction I've had has been awful, they've tried to publicly drag my name into places it doesn't belong multiple times. Calling them a journalist is a stretch.
Yeah, in hindsight putting the journalist part in there wasn't the smartest idea. I'm sorry you've had to deal with that, Jon

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone who reached out to me about Sabi. Yo DM'd me back in April or May before I published my story about no Direct happening in June. I answered a question about that, and asked Sabi not to repeat that anywhere because my story was going up in the morning. Within minutes, I had people I don't know making references to me about what I said to Sabi. It was obvious that I shouldn't even use this person as a sounding board, and I've not shared anything else with yo since.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Always hated Sabi but never expected him to be this bad.

His attitude and ego always rubbed me the wrong way, I should have noticed the red flags.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to everyone who reached out to me about Sabi. Yo DM'd me back in April or May before I published my story about no Direct happening in June. I answered a question about that, and asked Sabi not to repeat that anywhere because my story was going up in the morning. Within minutes, I had people I don't know making references to me about what I said to Sabi. It was obvious that I shouldn't even use this person as a sounding board, and I've not shared anything else with yo since.

I'm glad to hear you're ok. Unfortunately, Sabi is not someone worthy of trust... But not even I could imagine how sickening he could really be, blergh.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Every day new shit gets out, it's franklyh sickening. I'm really ashamed for all the sickos involved, and glad these facts are being brought to our attention.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
He was on Twitter not long ago about the Persona on Steam stuff, so I don't know if that's the same person.
It was the guy......he left twitter and went to discord but made a "big" return to Twitter about a month later saying things like "we all make mistakes", "i won't leak a single thing anymore, i'll simply share what i've been told by trusted sources" etc etc.

Oct 25, 2017
"i won't leak a single thing anymore, i'll simply share what i've been told by trusted sources" etc etc.
giphy.gif

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Not surprised. His ego and will to always be on the spotlight even if it meant stealing infos from others and getting infos through illegal means (hacking) were all red flags to who he really was. And let's not talk about his attitude when we pointed out what he got wrong or when we pointed out his lies... So not surprised to see him just hiding and running away like a fucking coward.
Fuck this manipulative asshole...

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I will never forget when they had the audacity to "confirm" that King Zell (a proven insider, now retired though) was right about one thing. Like for real, you want to confirm something?
Good riddance and fuck that gross behaviour.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, that sounds like he intends to go dark but resume all his shit once the shitstorm goes away.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I was gonna unfollow him after hearing about his behavior, but it appears he outright deleted his Twitter account. He's basically in hiding. I just don't tolerate domestic abuse, so I don't care where the PoS is at the moment.

Aranikasu44

Dec 3, 2018
This guy blocked me on Twitter during E3 2018 when I called him out on ruining all the conferences and ruining the surprise.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
That's so disgusting, and if a remember correctly like year ago someone credible said that how Sabi is accessing information is not really in good way.

Deleted member 22465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sabi made something that resembles a statement, apparently.

How pathetic and dense is he to think this is some random internet "drama"? It's about his domestic abuse and grooming for fuck's sake!!!

Oh and how nice of him wanting to go dark and come back later with a new identity because he can't live without that sweet, sweet internet clout, just fuck off sabi!

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
I gotta be honest -- the whole idea of these cult of personality Discord channels is highly suspect to me. These things are so ripe for abuse and there are so many children on there. If you have a Discord for a topic ( speedrunning a game for example, whatever, I'm too old to know much), that can maybe be a safer organizing principle. When the topic is just... You, and what You do, then a lot of impressionable Hero worshipping types will end up in the orbit which is exactly the easiest space for abuse to happen.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Sabi made something that resembles a statement, apparently.

This implies he'll just take on a different username and continue the same nonsense

And given that he's using a username, there's no way of identifying him when he eventually does just that

Add "potentially signal boosting an abusive weirdo" to the reasons leaks are kinda frustrating and bad

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
That's crazy but I'm happy he was outed. All we can do is ban him here and out him if he pops up, he will slip up. He loves clout.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be honest -- the whole idea of these cult of personality Discord channels is highly suspect to me. These things are so ripe for abuse and there are so many children on there. If you have a Discord for a topic ( speedrunning a game for example, whatever, I'm too old to know much), that can maybe be a safer organizing principle. When the topic is just... You, and what You do, then a lot of impressionable Hero worshipping types will end up in the orbit which is exactly the easiest space for abuse to happen.
Yeah shit is weird as fuck. The fact that part of this seems to be cross discord drama with a discord apparently dedicated to another leaker, PapaGenos, is equally sketchy. $5 says that discord has some weird shit going on too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The whole subculture around the adulation of leakers, real or fake, is entirely fucked and just opens doors for shitheads like Sabi.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But leaks are hype right guys? Shit like this is what happens when you feed into people's ego and they start power tripping. Like why the fuck would anyone want to be a friend with a known leaker the activity of leaking alone shows they are self centered and don't give a shit about others. All the stuff posted here is gross and manipulitive as fuck. Fuck.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
But leaks are hype right guys? Shit like this is what happens when you feed into people's ego and they start power tripping. Like why the fuck would anyone want to be a friend with a known leaker the activity of leaking alone shows they are self centered and don't give a shit about others. All the stuff posted here is gross and manipulitive as fuck. Fuck.
I think leaking in principle is fine -- if you have information, write a story and publish it. The industry being so secretive is silly to me. The cultishness and narcissism of these personalities who like to drag a fragment of info into a cult of personality long-winded game is ridiculous though. Just publish a piece like a normal person and move on instead of trying to turn yourself into a god or oracle.