• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not the same voice at all, much younger sounding, not similar to either of his previous voices. Not him.

But they've been lightly hinting at Boba's survival for years so I don't really get why this isn't Boba. It's clearly modelled after him, on a planet he operated on, with his weapon, and using more imagery from his first appearance, characters he's known to associate with, and a plot you'd expect to find him in. And we know he's in need of new armor since his original armor was discarded on tatooine. It's basically a total Boba stand-in. Like...why not just be Boba at this point. It might as well be him already. This seems like the perfect place to bring him back in.

I wonder who gave the order of no-touchy for Boba and for what purpose. Lucasfilm has kept very tight control over the post-rotj era as to not interfere with the sequel trilogy and spinoffs, for a while it was practically off limits. In recent times they've started to open that up again. And yet Boba still seems to be off limits. I know for a while they had a Boba film in development which would obviously be a good reason why they'd have him off limits in other media. But as far as I know that's dead now.

I'm not against it being a new character and I'm sure some people are happier that way. But it's like, totally a Boba knockoff to start with, so what's the deal?

Aren't Mandalorians a race of people? Their entire race isn't just one person. And it would make sense that some of them use the same types of armors and weapons.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine that it's a new character anyway. It's just really transparently a carbon copy of Boba.
Because he wears a mandalorian armor or because he is a bounty hunter?
Did you already watch the whole show and can tell us more about the character?
Aren't Mandalorians a race of people? Their entire race isn't just one person. And it would make sense that some of them use the same types of armors and weapons.
Yes they are. Quite some background about them in the Clone Wars series, too.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So far I've seen nothing in the previews that would be hindered by Boba's very limited history as a dude with a kiwi accent who took a job once and temporarily fell into a pit. His history isn't really that complicated and his future post-rotj is totally wide open.
But I guess we'll see where they end up taking it when the series is released, and whether or not that would have been a limiting factor. Of course at this time we can only comment on what has been seen.

It's fine that it's a new character anyway. It's just really transparently a carbon copy of Boba.
stop

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
That shit looks like the movies, damn

Definitely the most exciting thing they've shown this weekend

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That looks really good!
Why don't they show us things like these and only show them to some people?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an official, clean version of the trailer coming later? Not watching for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally something interesting of Star Wars since the original trilogy (or more so the first film), and looks like no boring jedi shit from a main character PoV.

I'm really happy to have something that's not about jedi or skywalkers.

That looks really good!
Why don't they show us things like these and only show them to some people?

For one they want to make Celebration special for attendees. If everything is on the internet it's less exciting to attend.
Second they probably want to let the TROS trailer have some breathing room first and let the public focus on that for the moment and not split their attention. Then down the road when it has some space, let the Mandalorian trailer get it's due.

Because he wears a mandalorian armor or because he is a bounty hunter?
Did you already watch the whole show and can tell us more about the character?

I know you just saw the opportunity for internet snark and had to get it out regardless of how it revealed your reading comprehension, but my post was actually more concerned with the weirdness that this guy seems to have just slipped completely into Boba's existing life right down to his associates and his neighborhood and his character specific belongings that he doesn't have in common with other mandalorians.

And I'm sure that urge for snark just helped you gloss over the fact that I said it's fine that it's a new character, and that I admitted very clearly that I can obviously only comment on what has been seen, and that we will have to wait for the show to know anything for certain. But then you couldn't get sassy on the internet and that's no fun. 😢

Last edited:

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For one they want to make Celebration special for attendees. If everything is on the internet it's less exciting to attend.
Second they probably want to let the TROS trailer have some breathing room first and let the public focus on that for the moment and not split their attention. Then down the road when it has some space, let the Mandalorian trailer get it's due.
I hate them because of this, but that's reasonable.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the celebration thread......this is looks WAY more interesting than Episode 9. Why they are not displaying this proudly for everyone to see is a mystery to me. Disney may has just sold 4 subscriptions with this series alone. And that's just the people I've shown it to.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate them because of this, but that's reasonable.

I remember a few years ago Doctor Who showed a convention exclusive trailer before the public got to see it and that fandom rioted so hard that the BBC were shithead goblin monsters that they vowed never to do it again and apologized.
That was such an embarassing shitshow haha nobody owes us shit

It may not be fun to be on the outside but really it is reasonable. We're just lucky a low quality version got leaked as soon as it did, and we'll end up getting to see a HQ trailer sooner or later. It looks really good to me, second biggest celebration reveal for me.
But I'll still shake my fist a little at the lucky bastards who got to be there this year for all this.

I'm thankful I was lucky enough to be there for Celebration when they revealed the first TFA teaser.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because Boba Fett already has established lore, history, and everything which restricts the creative freedom and what they would be able to do with the story. It really isn't that complicated.

Yeah, this is the stickler. Can't really have any mystery or exploration of Boba Fett's past because we already know his life story. At least with this new guy we can actually explore Mandalorian culture and traditions, which Boba didn't really have any part of.

I'd really love if, between this show and the new season of The Clone Wars, we got a good picture of what happened to Mandalore. Between the mess Maul left it in and the damage the Empire did to it, the entire planet must have gone to shit.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
MOTHER OF GOD, that tease trailer and sneak peek was INCREDIBLE. Too much hype for this, it's just amazing. THIS IS STAR WARS. Imagine if we had a chance to a see an Obi Wan cameo.

This.. this is a space opera. It reminds me to Firefly.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks cool, hope they can stretch their legs a bit with better stories and characters.

I do slightly worry, don't be another flashy boring Cowboys and Aliens.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I'm blown away! The team working on it is ridiculous. I didn't expect to be that hyped for this for some reason, but now I can't fuckin wait! Guess I'm getting Disney +. Lol. Another subscription to add to my list that keeps growing... fuck...

The future is subscriptions

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how the heck the Amazon land this the moment before Disney starts its streaming service? Not gonna get invested since I think Disney will pull it...

Edit: Nvm this is for Disney+, I could've sworn Amazon picked up something from the Star Wars universe, but I could be wrong and it could be something else...
You're thinking LOTR. Another subscription I need

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
A really really good looking Star Wars show is exactly what could make Disney+ a monster success

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This looks pretty much like what I expected them to do with their anthology films instead of... whatever they thought they were doing with Solo and Rogue One.