• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. :) Hopefully they start construction on the new land soon.

Well they've got one tree!
The park should be finished any day now.
7bffO87.jpg

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the Mario/DK stuff seems to be going into Universal's upcoming third park.

There were rumors floating around about Zelda replacing TLC, but who knows where that will go.

I had thought Universal was going to spread it around after the success of Universal selling hopper tickets for people wanting to see both sides of Wizarding World.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I highly suggest everyone view the video in OP. Has details on what is and likely is coming to each of the 4 parks getting it! (Japan, Hollywood, Orlando & Singapore)
I had thought Universal was going to spread it around after the success of Universal selling hopper tickets for people wanting to see both sides of Wizarding World.
I bet mostly likely that after the new park opens and hype dies a tiny bit and calms down than they will think of possibly opening Zelda/Pokemon/Nintendo something to replace Lost Continent or Kids zone i bet

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando will be the greatest getting DK! Get ready for $600 yearly passes!!
Funny enough, actually going to get a season pass this year since my wife and I plan to go at least yearly and they are certainly cheap and a good deal, esp getting discounts. Going to get the highest yearly plan.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Alicia Stella doing gods work, like always.
We can finally see how the DK area actauilly looks, and its so cool the yoshi omnimouver ride is using the bridge from the old concept art. Though laicia says this is the old kids zone model. The mario area is like that in japan and Hollywood, but Hollywood is not getting the yoshi ride. Neither of them are getting DK either, and its unclear if that area will be present in the new Orlando Universal park (im pretty sure it will, but I dodnt know if that would be its final design).l

I was actually doing a version of this on Planet Coaster like a year ago when i had more time, based only on the artwok. I nearly got right the name of the yoshi ride lol )I think mine has a little bit more punch to it lol)
planetcoaster2017-02-amjgt.png

planetcoaster2017-02-u8j7i.png

planetcoaster2017-02-l0kp9.png

planetcoaster2017-02-71kbu.png

planetcoaster2017-03-7rjml.png

This is how i imagined the scenes inside
planetcoaster2017-05-swkv3.png

planetcoaster2017-05-2qj6n.png

And I made sculpts for the scenes I intended (waned to do scenes of Yoshi Island, SMW and Mario Galaxy 2)
planetcoaster2017-03-uykdk.png

*prays that the water feature in DK's area doesn't get cut*
You and me!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny enough, actually going to get a season pass this year since my wife and I plan to go at least yearly and they are certainly cheap and a good deal, esp getting discounts. Going to get the highest yearly plan.
Yeah it seemed like a good deal. If I lived in Florida it's something I would have. I've always loved Universal.

I joked and said "$600", but I would expect it to be closer to $750 for all 3 parks.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Alicia Stella doing gods work, like always.
We can finally see how the DK area actauilly looks, and its so cool the yoshi omnimouver ride is using the bridge from the old concept art. Though laicia says this is the old kids zone model. The mario area is like that in japan and Hollywood, but Hollywood is not getting the yoshi ride. Neither of them are getting DK either, and its unclear if that area will be present in the new Orlando Universal park (im pretty sure it will, but I dodnt know if that would be its final design).l

I was actually doing a version of this on Planet Coaster like a year ago when i had more time, based only on the artwok. I nearly got right the name of the yoshi ride lol )I think mine has a little bit more punch to it lol)
planetcoaster2017-02-amjgt.png

planetcoaster2017-02-u8j7i.png

planetcoaster2017-02-l0kp9.png

planetcoaster2017-02-71kbu.png

planetcoaster2017-03-7rjml.png

This is how i imagined the scenes inside
planetcoaster2017-05-swkv3.png

planetcoaster2017-05-2qj6n.png

And I made sculpts for the scenes I intended (waned to do scenes of Yoshi Island, SMW and Mario Galaxy 2)
planetcoaster2017-03-uykdk.png

You and me!

Looks amazing. Good work man.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it seemed like a good deal. If I lived in Florida it's something I would have. I've always loved Universal.

I joked and said "$600", but I would expect it to be closer to $750 for all 3 parks.
Actually, the top tier for the 2 parks and Volcano Bay is $750 lol. Which is what I'm going to get.

Daaaamn. Gonna be a while since I only go to the Orlando one.

And they are supposed to be opening a Marvel world also, right? Or did I dream that up?
That's in Disney Land.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure why they are calling this "Super Nintendo Land" when it looks like it is just going to be Mario-related attractions.

That's like building a Marvel theme park and then filling it up with nothing but Spider-Man rides.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure why they are calling this "Super Nintendo Land" when it looks like it is just going to be Mario-related attractions.

That's like building a Marvel theme park and then filling it up with nothing but Spider-Man rides.

They can use the name to unify future lands they develop. So something like the original land being renamed to "Super Nintendo World: Mushroom Kingdom" if they decide to open "Super Nintendo World: Hyrule". Universal has employed a similar tactic in the past with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm struggling to figure out some of the other franchises translating to theme park rides without being the vague scenery experiences you see. You aren't going to get a ton of rollercoasters either right off the bat with how expensive they are, so unless we want teacups but with a vague Metroid theme it makes sense to start small.

I agree re: the likes of Metroid, but I think Zelda lends itself better to more faithful theme park attractions than pretty much any other IP out there, including Harry Potter & Star Wars to be honest.

You could have water rides based on any of the water dungeons or Wind Waker, a Lost Woods-themed haunted house, even things like a Dumbo-style spinning thing or a simple carosel could be dressed up with Loftwings and Breath of the Wild's many horses. They could even have a hall of mirrors make thematic sense.

It genuinely baffles me Zelda ain't here at all when it lends itself so well and is one of the best performing franchises Nintendo has.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Mario area looks nice. DK area looks lame. Could be any "jungle" themed area.

Should've been Mario Land and then "Others" land with a Kirby ride, a Zelda ride, a Star Fox ride, etc.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty boring, all those Nintendo IPs and it's all just Mario with some Donkey Kong.
Why does this keep getting posted? lol. Of course it's will literally be the flapship IP. It's be quite dumb to be anything else 1st. It be really really risky and kinda dumb if they tried to go way too big at once. Esp since they are doing this in 4 parks worldwide, 1 of which will be a brand new.

Eventually we will see more down the road if and more importantly when it's successful.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The amount of whining over it being Mario themed first is hilarious. Nintendo/Universal is doing it right by focusing on their biggest IP and then they can branch from there.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Sooooooo I guess.... what do you all wanna know?

This is the old USF Plans from 2016 that are no longer in play for that park. Some of it is in play for USJ and USH.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Why does this keep getting posted? lol. Of course it's will literally be the flapship IP. It's be quite dumb to be anything else 1st. It be really really risky and kinda dumb if they tried to go way too big at once. Esp since they are doing this in 4 parks worldwide, 1 of which will be a brand new.

Eventually we will see more down the road if and more importantly when it's successful.

Eh, I still say you can be somewhat more risky than this. I'd be amazed if making it Mario X Zelda for example would suddenly bring down Universal and have them closing their doors and cancelling all projects with Nintendo. i'm not saying they should've made metroid world.