• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What is it?

• Ayy lmao

Votes: 707 43.6%
  • I want to believe

Votes: 362 22.3%
  • Swamp gas

Votes: 106 6.5%
  • I really don't care do u

Votes: 158 9.7%
  • Batman

Votes: 289 17.8%

• Total voters
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
So uhhhhh

Are governments of the world getting ready for some World Premier reveal or something?

I feel like the past two years have been just various announcements of similar incidents.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
"Cube-shaped"

I assumed there was some sort of distortion happening with the camera or something, because of how obviously not a cube that is.

I understand skepticism, but the fact that you don't think U.S. military aviators, the most well trained pilots in the world know what a weather or research balloon would look like is disingenuous.
In light of mounting evidence that it is a Batman party balloon, how are you feeling about this post?

The Hiveking

Oct 27, 2017
H5SdEUf.jpg

Come get yuh birthday present

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
Would have to be pretty far and sizeable batman balloon to be able to see it with the naked eye in an f18 hornet and have it still enough to be able to take a photo of it while you yourself are flying at 500 metres per second.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Would have to be pretty far and sizeable batman balloon to be able to see it with the naked eye in an f18 hornet and have it still enough to be able to take a photo of it while you yourself are flying at 500 metres per second.
I was literally just going to post this. I don't think it's anything interesting myself but it is definitely not a party balloon. You're moving 900+ feet per second and you're going to take a picture of an object 1.5 feet in size that close as that photo? No, it's a big object.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
it seems like there's been an influx of UFO reports coming out lately. From like, governments and stuff. Is it just confirmation bias?

Oct 27, 2017

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
This isn't it. I believe that tic-tac video from a couple years ago, but this one is 100% nothing. if actual UFO's of extra-terrestrial origin ever do appear to us, I'm pretty sure you'll know it when you see it.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Swear government does this , leaks ridiculous looking photos/video so as to condition people to immediately
be skeptical
I wish it was working. The kind of conspiracy theories that people propagate today do little to restore my faith in humanity. Critical thinking and standards for evidence are dead.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Conspiracy theorists themselves are actually pretty sure it's just a Batman party balloon.

20201208_232130nvj03.jpg

m.youtube.com

The "Leaked'' UFO Photo. The WHO, WHAT and POSSIBLY the WHY.

Did you see the "leaked" UFO photo released this week by the new blog site "The Debrief"? Well, here it is, along with a breakdown of how this all came to p...

That is some outstandingly specific detective work. God damn. I'm a UFO sucker but this looks like a straight match (unless there's some evidence the size of the object doesn't match?)

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Of course not. Conspiracy theories stating as fact that these are aliens should be ignored. What I'm saying is that the strongest "evidence" of these being something other than common phenomenon was pilot statements. Pilots saying they don't know what this thing is and it being pretty clearly a Batman balloon has struck a serious blow to pilot understanding of what's in the air.
I have zero flying experience but I am in a better position to assess objects in the sky than seasoned jet pilots. Something something Occam's razor.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
normally i'd understand the skepticism but it's almost like no one in this thread knows about the 100 hour party balloon identification training pilots have to go through

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
The Debrief has not been able to speak with any of the pilots involved, in order to confirm the accounts described in the intelligence reports.

ENT - Ringing phone, picked up by pilot.

Pilot
Hello?

Debrief
Yes this is the Debrief calling in regards to the mysterious UFO seen from the cockpit of the plane in which you were flying.

Pilot
... You mean the weather balloon?

Debrief
Um... Sorry wrong number.
EXT - Dialtone

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Jan 10, 2018
Wait a minute.. Give me an R.. Give me an E .. Give me a D.. Give me a .. Red Dwarf Garbage Pod..

Did this pilot never work in waste disposal?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
It's a triangle pointing downwards...

Darkness approaches Guardian.....

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017