• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is it?

• Ayy lmao

Votes: 707 43.6%
  • I want to believe

Votes: 362 22.3%
  • Swamp gas

Votes: 106 6.5%
  • I really don't care do u

Votes: 158 9.7%
  • Batman

Votes: 289 17.8%

• Total voters

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I wouldn't trust anyone who made the jump from "unidentified flying object" to "alien spacecraft" without hard, concrete evidence, regardless of credentials.
Of course not. Conspiracy theories stating as fact that these are aliens should be ignored. What I'm saying is that the strongest "evidence" of these being something other than common phenomenon was pilot statements. Pilots saying they don't know what this thing is and it being pretty clearly a Batman balloon has struck a serious blow to pilot understanding of what's in the air.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's more unbelievable to me that this picture is presented in good faith by popular mechanics than it would be for this picture to actually be of an alien spacecraft.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
Strange how every single image of an alleged UFO sighting is either blurry, low res, or far enough away that it's impossible to see what you're even looking at.

Almost as though the subjects of these images would no longer be considered "UFO"s, but rather something a bit more mundane if the resolution was any better...

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
The Navy needs to start training their pilots to, at a glance, be able to identify any mylar balloons sold anywhere in the world in the last 20 years. What else is our military budget for!?

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
The pentagon UFO ended up likely being a balloon too.
I am not sure these pilots are getting some special training that somehow makes them Zoom and Enhance observers.

Keio

Nov 5, 2017
A Super Hornet cruises at 300 meters per second.

For someone to spot a Batman balloon that's less than 0,5m across and take a cell photo of it... I think that object has to be a lot bigger.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying I believe this time it's anything alien but the era thread where we get proper evidence of aliens is going to be very funny when we still have tons of people acting like it's nothing.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When you have more budget than the world militaries combined but you don't know what a cube looks like.

And that's a balloon.

I'm not saying I believe this time it's anything alien but the era thread where we get proper evidence of aliens is going to be very funny when we still have tons of people acting like it's nothing.

But that won't happen so...

I understand skepticism, but the fact that you don't think U.S. military aviators, the most well trained pilots in the world know what a weather or research balloon would look like is disingenuous.

Like every other time professionals were wrong? Come on. The US doesn't make every balloon in the world.

Nov 8, 2017
A Super Hornet cruises at 300 meters per second.

For someone to spot a Batman balloon that's less than 0,5m across and take a cell photo of it... I think that object has to be a lot bigger.

Close, small object being mistaken for a distant, large object is one of the all time classic blunders with stuff like this.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
cc49122c6fb24795616382a6aa40d428.jpg

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Strange how every single image of an alleged UFO sighting is either blurry, low res, or far enough away that it's impossible to see what you're even looking at.

Almost as though the subjects of these images would no longer be considered "UFO"s, but rather something a bit more mundane if the resolution was any better...

No you don't understand the galactic federation is just really shy are really good at making their drones stay just at the right distance (They're drones nowadays right? No longer spaceships with aliens in them cause that would be really stupid now that we have drones ourselves right?)

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
If they are aliens, then they're probably looking at us and thinking that we're some goddamn savages. They wouldn't be too far off with assholes like Trump, Xi, Putin, and Bolsonaro being in positions of power.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I understand skepticism, but the fact that you don't think U.S. military aviators, the most well trained pilots in the world know what a weather or research balloon would look like is disingenuous.

Well trained or not they're flying in very difficult conditions which makes it extraordinarily difficult to assess objects like this. The human senses when pushed to extremes are prone to mistakes like these.

This is eerily similar to what I've seen religious people say about god. For me the premise is the same, if I see genuine quality evidence that something might be alien in nature i will happily accept that. I believe in science and evidence and gut instinct. A blurry photo of something easily explainable as a natural phenomenon doesn't exactly achieve that.

Also I feel if we get actual evidence of aliens visiting earth the least of our concerns will be a few people still being skeptictal.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't they fly closer to it to get a good look? The Navy videos are very compelling, but this seems a bit dodgy.

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
The pic somehow looks exactly like one you'd find in an SCP-Foundation submission lol
I choose to believe though

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
The image was originally reported in an article by The Debrief, but the image is now broken and appears to have been removed from the article...

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Swear government does this , leaks ridiculous looking photos/video so as to condition people to immediately
be skeptical

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Cruising speed of an American Fighter Jet is around 609 mph.

Objects at that speed would be hard to identify. Radar helps, but all that tells you is that there is a thing there.

Think about you in your car. (assuming you drive a car in the USA)

The highest speed you have ever legally been at is 70 mph. Multiple that by 10 and think of all things on the side of a highway you couldn't identify but thought you knew what it was.

I've illegally driven at 120 mph once and while dodging cars on the highway couldn't tell you what I saw on the sides.

The human eye and human brain can only process so much, especially at speeds like that. Just slightly slower than the speed of sound. Our brains fill in the dots.

The image is not a cube, as the pilot described it.

It seems a case of an unusual object, a balloon of some variety probably entered their line of sight, they got a picture and it wasn't a cube.

Although maybe it was just Thor's birthday.

latest

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Swear government does this , leaks ridiculous looking photos/video so as to condition people to immediately
be skeptical
There's a nice documentary by Adam Curtis called HyperNormalisation which briefly states that any publicly available material for consumption concerning UFOs and/or extra-terrestrials is entirely fabricated. That statement in combination with yours is more believable than anything else.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Yet you think the same well trained pilots would leak shit and talk to "the debrief"