• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is it?

• Ayy lmao

Votes: 707 43.6%
  • I want to believe

Votes: 362 22.3%
  • Swamp gas

Votes: 106 6.5%
  • I really don't care do u

Votes: 158 9.7%
  • Batman

Votes: 289 17.8%

• Total voters

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy theorists themselves are actually pretty sure it's just a Batman party balloon.

20201208_232130nvj03.jpg

m.youtube.com

The "Leaked'' UFO Photo. The WHO, WHAT and POSSIBLY the WHY.

Did you see the "leaked" UFO photo released this week by the new blog site "The Debrief"? Well, here it is, along with a breakdown of how this all came to p...

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
As others have said - why not get closer? Especially if its motionless. Would like more story on this one

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to tell the scale from a simple photo still with no points of reference.

Looks exactly like a slightly deflated balloon.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I've studied a fair bit of a geometry in my day, and I'm pretty sure that's not what cubes look like. Not the normal 3-d ones, anyway.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Is there not some A.I. program thing that can zoom in for us and reconstruct a low res image of it?

Edit- but seriously speaking if it is a weather balloon, there should be a picture of a weather balloon out there that looks EXACTLY like it.

Edit #2-

Also from the article

Shit, imagine if anti gravity technology exists

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sees thread title: *yawn*

Sees picture of "cube": *yawn*

Sees Batman picture: pfffffft hahahshsnxjckcnc

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
That's the most balloon-like UFO I've seen in a while. Not sure how "cube" popped into anyone's brain while looking at it.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
The fact that this is pretty early a Batman party balloon makes me question literally EVERY pilot that say they saw something. If these guys can be tricked but balloons. Alot of them have probably been tricked before also

Nov 8, 2017
I understand skepticism, but the fact that you don't think U.S. military aviators, the most well trained pilots in the world know what a weather or research balloon would look like is disingenuous.

Balloons come in all shapes and sizes. For example - Batman shaped.

Nobody is above reproach, everyone makes mistakes, everyone's perceptions are flawed. This is yet another demonstration that the pilot worship UFOlogists engage in is nothing but an argument from authority. I can't even count the number of times I've seen someone make a post like "how can you doubt these TRAINED PILOTS?"

The fact that this is pretty early a Batman party balloon makes me question literally EVERY pilot that say they saw something. If these guys can be tricked but balloons. Alot of them have probably been tricked before also

It's a numbers game, right? I've always thought of it as follows - the more often some UFO sighting turns out to be easily explainable or outright debunked, the less likely it is any of them are genuine sightings of aliens (or secret government technology, or whatever). Since we now have so many known mechanisms by which UFO sightings can be generated - whether natural phenomena, misidentified artificial things (like balloons or regular aircraft), or outright hoaxes, we no longer need to assume there's some kind of extraterrestrial or secretive explanation for the ones remaining, even if we can't literally explain all of it instantly.

The score card is like "99% debunked, 1% unclear / ambiguous, 0% proven true".

Last edited:

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't trust anyone who made the jump (either directly or indirectly) from "unidentified flying object" to "alien spacecraft" without hard, concrete evidence, regardless of credentials. Things can remain unidentifiable without going in that direction. The fact that they saw "something" has no inherent meaning by itself until people try to link it to the existence of something rooted in conspiracy theories and fantasy.