• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Dusk golem just post it on reddit.

iOIZO4C8wcx2ar3KcvcD4wSno5UeDn2tBSqVT3i60qc.jpg

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he's handsome. Younger looking than I thought.

Anyone worried about further spoilers from me, don't be, I don't want people avoiding landmines of spoilers for months either. Odin concept art is the one and only thing I'm posting, I know not all will be happy with that, I know many will attack my character for this and that. But this is all that'll come from me. I know some will dislike I shared this at all, and that's fair, but if worried of bigger leaks or spoilers or the like, you don't have to worry at least from me. That I want to guarantee as the last thing I want is to raise people's anxieties about any spoilers bigger than a characters appearance.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Anyone worried about further spoilers from me, don't be, I don't want people avoiding landmines of spoilers for months either. Odin concept art is the one and only thing I'm posting, I know not all will be happy with that, I know many will attack my character for this and that. But this is all that'll come from me. I know some will dislike I shared this at all, and that's fair, but if worried of bigger leaks or spoilers or the like, you don't have to worry at least from me. That I want to guarantee as the last thing I want is to raise people's anxieties about any spoilers bigger than a characters appearance.
Bestie you always say this and end up posting everything

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
"just waiting for them to post their upcoming trailer to post an unlisted video to prove I'm not bullshitting"

Lol. Just post it or don't buddy, no one is gonna care when this video releases that you had it. Putting massive text over your leak like you are some bold person and then you refuse to post the actual goods?

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Retired leaker strikes again. Saying we shouldn't worry about further leaks from them just rings so hollow. The fact that this was even posted is already raising anxieties about months of dodging spoilers. But yeah. I'm not surprised anymore. This is leak culture.

I'm tired.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

I have a question: if you know something or have information about a highly anticipated upcoming game that will release in a few months, why do you feel the need to share random pieces of it? Like, what do you get from it? Especially when, as you claim, the publisher plans to release a trailer for said game imminently, so, again, what is the purpose of showing concept art of a key character that has yet to be shown publicly? Is there any kind of incentive for you that we don't know about? Because all of this feels like a weird flex that nobody asked for.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: drive-by posting
Weekly reminder again that this forum encouraging leak culture and then wanting to play advocate for us devs only when the words "crunch" or "cancellation" or "acquisition" appear is outright comical.

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
😂 Haha. What the hell is going on with the text.

I have a question: if you know something or have information about a highly anticipated upcoming game that will release in a few months, why do you feel the need to share random pieces of it? Like, what do you get from it? Especially when, as you claim, the publisher plans to release a trailer for said game imminently, so, again, what is the purpose of showing concept art of a key character that has yet to be shown publicly? Is there any kind of incentive for you that we don't know about? Because all of this feels like a weird flex that nobody asked for.

There are no other reasons for this kinda leak other than attention and clout.

Weekly reminder again that this forum encouraging leak culture and then wanting to play advocate for us devs only when the words "crunch" or "cancellation" or "acquisition" appear is outright comical.

Yeah. It's kinda gross.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
"Dusk Golum was here"
Really hard to justify this as anything but ego/attention seeking when you write shit like this covering half the pic.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
All about the clout.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Antagonising other member; history of trolling

🤡

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Word of advice to all leakers and wannabe journalists: if you have information for a game that's about to release, learn to be quiet for a few months. If you have information for a beta of a released game or canceled game, by all means share as much as you know. The former is not useful information and merely spoils the surprise of a highly anticipated game, and the latter sheds new light on something that already happened or never happened and is therefore more interesting.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
To give a very genuine response, though not an excuse, the main reason isn't even for attention or clout in this case. It's mainly just to shut some people up. It's my own fault, I know, but it's mainly to validate something publicly so I can stop getting harassed by something affecting me a bit more than it probably should. I involve myself in a lot of things, but something that's followed me to a lot of corners of the internet are people wanting to make sure I know they think I'm a liar, they think I'm bullshitting them, to not believe anything I say even if completely unrelated to leaks (I compartmentalize a lot, so the crossover bothers me), it follows me a lot online and sometimes borders into weekly harassments of people who want to get one in on the "liar and deceiver". If the basis of that is believing I made shit up, I was getting a lot of GoW Ragnarok stuff recently, that's a highly anticipated game, I can release just some super small thing that can be validated later and be done with it. Raise more questionable doubt, and hopefully what I shared won't be too much trouble for the developers if its just a character design. The hope is it's the least hurtful things for the devs of one of the currently most anticipated games I can share to just get this out, and fold out. That is a selfish reason still though, and I know that. My hope is just to point this out so some of the harassment I get will stop.

Many can and should argue that doesn't justify it, but that's the reason, and why I'm one and done here. I kinda' expect a lot of hate for this answer, I don't know if I'm conveying myself well here, but it's the honest reason from my POV.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Because all of this feels like a weird flex that nobody asked for.
There isn't any other reason people would post this stuff. it's always for attention or an indirect way to more traffic so they can monetize those extra clicks to their socials. Let's just not let this thread be one of those moral lectures about leakers. People don't like it? Don't click on it and don't browse ERA until the game is out.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i had the last of us on ps3 a month before the release,didnt say a fucking thing against anyone :D
i dont like leaks :(

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Dusk, most people in your position would do the same thing as you,so don't feel bad!

Odinsmana

Mar 13, 2019
To give a very genuine response, though not an excuse, the main reason isn't even for attention or clout in this case. It's mainly just to shut some people up. It's my own fault, I know, but it's mainly to validate something publicly so I can stop getting harassed by something affecting me a bit more than it probably should. I involve myself in a lot of things, but something that's followed me to a lot of corners of the internet are people wanting to make sure I know they think I'm a liar, they think I'm bullshitting them, to not believe anything I say even if completely unrelated to leaks (I compartmentalize a lot, so the crossover bothers me), it follows me a lot online and sometimes borders into weekly harassments of people who want to get one in on the "liar and deceiver". If the basis of that is believing I made shit up, I was getting a lot of GoW Ragnarok stuff recently, that's a highly anticipated game, I can release just some super small thing that can be validated later and be done with it. Raise more questionable doubt, and hopefully what I shared won't be too much trouble for the developers if its just a character design. The hope is it's the least hurtful things for the devs of one of the currently most anticipated games I can share to just get this out, and fold out. That is a selfish reason still though, and I know that. My hope is just to point this out so some of the harassment I get will stop.

To many can and should argue that doesn't justify it, but that's the reason, and why I'm one and done here. I kinda' expect a lot of hate for this answer, I don't know if I'm conveying myself well here, but it's the honest reason from my POV.
If you are getting harassed that sucks and those people are dicks. I don't think this is going to help though. If people still don't believe that you have insider info at this point nothing is going to convince them. The only thing this is going to accomplish is bum some dev out I think.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Many can and should argue that doesn't justify it, but that's the reason, and why I'm one and done here. I kinda' expect a lot of hate for this answer, I don't know if I'm conveying myself well here, but it's the honest reason from my POV.

This is a long cry from your previous answer to this question, which was that you thought the industry was too secret and you wanted to be one of the people to break that secrecy for whatever reason lol.

Why do you care so much what people even think about it? You have way more people that follow you and go to bat for your leaks than not if that's really your concern. If you want to leak stuff, just leak stuff.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Nah man. Just stop it and walk away. This is very much you are looking for attention and it's time to own up to that fact and move on with life.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I rather remove myself from this conversation since I don't think it's going to result in any change.

Last edited:

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is a long cry from your previous answer to this question, which was that you thought the industry was too secret and you wanted to be one of the people to break that secrecy for whatever reason lol.

Why do you care so much what people even think about it? You have way more people that follow you and go to bat for your leaks than not if that's really your concern. If you want to leak stuff, just leak stuff.

Ego.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

There's a few masks I've answered with because being genuine does open up vulnerability, it's easier to act in a way people expect of you, and overwhelming anyone who leaks things is just kinda' treated like they should accept a one glove fits all reasoning. It's also related that my feelings on this have shifted a lot over time. The reason I initially shared stuff was because I knew some stuff, and I'm a blabbermouth that likes posting in the community. But then that leads to some attention, which leads to some clout. But the hate overwhelms the clout pretty quickly, especially if have a past as prickly as mine. I'm aware there's some hypocrisy on my part, and some of it is a little of column A, a little of column B, but in this specific case with this specific leak, that was the overwhelming leading reason for this specific leak. And me trying to also feel out what feels right here. Though my conclusion I'm coming to is it doesn't feel right, and I do regret it a bit already.

Anyways, I won't fill this thread with a sob story any more than I have. Just someone asked and seemed genuine, so answered genuinely. I'll leave it at that.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Antagonising other member; history of trolling and antagonism.
Clown posting

Status
Not open for further replies.