• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how hard any of the candidates are willing to go after him. He's pledged to donate billions to the winner. People have taken that as a sign of how bad he wants Trump out, but it also disincentivizes everybody to attack him - which increases his chances and makes everybody look stupid or weak for ignoring these glaring issues or, at best, normalizes him. It's absolutely vile.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, even he deleted the tweet with the video embedded. Then again, they are golfing buddies:

F8ztEuX.jpg
Birds of a feather.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how hard any of the candidates are willing to go after him. He's pledged to donate billions to the winner. People have taken that as a sign of how bad he wants Trump out, but it also disincentivizes everybody to attack him - which increases his chances and makes everybody look stupid or weak for ignoring these glaring issues or, at best, normalizes him. It's absolutely vile.
He's a very easy target for Bernie and Warren, they'll go after him for sure. I think the moderates will feel pressured into going after him too because if they don't then Bloomberg will continue to siphon off their supporters.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
He's doing a bit of an apology tour, which seems frustratingly effective even here in NYC. With that in mind, fewer people truly know about him outside of NYC and, with his near infinite resources, he's successfully pushing a more palatable image. I'm hoping once we move on from these initial white states, Bloomberg will be attacked on his ridiculously poor record when it comes to seemingly everyone who isn't a white, straight male. Maybe, hopefully a united front from all the candidates.

I wonder if him being absent on the debate state helps him. He doesn't have to answer many question, and can just keep pumping money into making ads.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
He's a very easy target for Bernie and Warren, they'll go after him for sure. I think the moderates will feel pressured into going after him too because if they don't then Bloomberg will continue to siphon off their supporters.
He's an incredibly easy target. I just question how willing they are to really hit him. The complaints I've heard so far are more about how ridiculous it is that he can buy his way in - but that's a general issue with him having money and not at all about his character or his past racist policies.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already know stop and frisk was highly racist in its application because it was used in Baltimore for years, Bloomberg came to Baltimore to discuss stop and frisk and it was implemented in Baltimore and it was highly racist in its application in Baltimore as it was in NYC.

Bloomberg is a truly shitty candidate and is certainly a Democrat in Name Only.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

yeah, I don't really know if they have to. While Bloomberg has spiked up to 3rd or 4th place in the last couple weeks, mostly on the back of his assault on Trump commercials (he's basically the only candidate campaigning entirely against Trump in the Democratic primary at this stage in the race, so it elevates him to people who really dislike Trump but aren't paying attention to the nuances of the primary... which, to be fair, is a plurality or majority of Americans), it might not be lasting enough. Bloomberg has said he'd support whatever Democrat wins the primary with advertising and commercials against Trump, so like you said I'd figure most will wait it out, and if they criticism him, it'll be lightly on issues like Stop & Frisk without trying to upset his eventual funding.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Bloomberg is basically the only potential Democratic nominee that I will not judge people if they don't vote for him.

The country is lost if it gets to that point.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how many of you actually live in NY but while I will say that all crime here ISNT minorities, most of it really is. I don't think he's wrong and I don't think what he was trying to do is wrong.

Because on the contrary we have DiBlasio who doesn't stand behind police and allows these criminals to run a muck giving them metro cards and Mets tickets and don't even get me started on Bail Reform.

I know this person was banned, and I'm not coming to pile on for the content of their post, but I want to challenge the point more than just banning them. There might be 10 people who have the same opinion of this person, don't post it, and they'll read the post and think "Harumph, that person was banned just for speaking the truth even if it sounds racist..." So I'd like to challenge this person's presentation of the truth.

Most crime in New York City is white collar crime. Financial crimes, money laundering, bribery, racketeering, fraud, and other crimes that fall under 'white collar' crime. Now I won't say that *all* white collar crime is committed by white people, but most of it really is.

A problem with policing that over-focuses on things like young black people possessing marijuana -- locking them up, throwing them in jail, and turning them into criminals -- is that it causes police to ignore the billions of dollars in white collar crime that actually robs people of their pensions, causes rents to skyrocket, forces low income people out of their home, and costs people their livelihood. It's why you can have a person like Donald Trump, who started his business under a multi-million-dollar fraudulent tax shelter and sustained his business through money laundering, become president. But police and mayors like Bloomberg pat themselves on the back by cracking the skulls of a poor kid carrying a $10 bag of marijuana, while billions of dollars in white collar crime -- that actually destroys livelihoods and makes corrupt politicians -- waffs under their noses.

Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg, not good folks!

EQYSmP4U0AETX3v
This is all you got to know. He was a republican before he was an independent before his current status as a democrat. Billionaires don't really care about the letter next to their names. They are just pretty much inherently sociopathic and opportunistic. How do you think they got where they are?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg is a truly shitty candidate and is certainly a Democrat in Name Only.

Funny thing is that there are so many people who identify as a Democrat that agree with him. We got one cunt in this thread who decided to die on the hill to say so themselves. Democrats don't give a shit about the problems minorities face in this country. They'd sooner back a candidate with racist policies that add to the issue like this because of their obsession with arbitrary electibility than a candidate with policies that actually address the issue of systematic racism.

So long as Trump isn't president, they'll sleep soundly at night.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
Bloomberg is Trump with an air of pretend "decorum" (for the kind of white person who pretends their not racist) to hide behind.

I'm making it clear here, now and from here on that I will never vote for Bloomberg. If he for some reason becomes the "get in line" candidate from the DNC then I'm just voting down ballot and writing in my preferred candidate for president and a protest vote.

I'm vote blue no matter who but my blue line draws in front of Bloomberg and anybody else who's on his level.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I wouldn't vote for Buttigieg either as a black American and damn sure wouldn't accost black Americans for doing the same.
I guess that's fair, but at least Buttigieg is running an actual campaign and exposing himself to the judgment of millions of people.

Bloomberg is just buying his way through this election and it all just feels so disgusting.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I know this person was banned, and I'm not coming to pile on for the content of their post, but I want to challenge the point more than just banning them. There might be 10 people who have the same opinion of this person, don't post it, and they'll read the post and think "Harumph, that person was banned just for speaking the truth even if it sounds racist..." So I'd like to challenge this person's presentation of the truth.

Most crime in New York City is white collar crime. Financial crimes, money laundering, bribery, racketeering, fraud, and other crimes that fall under 'white collar' crime. Now I won't say that *all* white collar crime is committed by white people, but most of it really is.

A problem with policing that over-focuses on things like young black people possessing marijuana -- locking them up, throwing them in jail, and turning them into criminals -- is that it causes police to ignore the billions of dollars in white collar crime that actually robs people of their pensions, causes rents to skyrocket, forces low income people out of their home, and costs people their livelihood. It's why you can have a person like Donald Trump, who started his business under a multi-million-dollar fraudulent tax shelter and sustained his business through money laundering, become president. But police and mayors like Bloomberg pat themselves on the back by cracking the skulls of a poor kid carrying a $10 bag of marijuana, while billions of dollars in white collar crime -- that actually destroys livelihoods and makes corrupt politicians -- waffs under their noses.

On top of absolutely ignoring the structural problems that breeds kids carrying guns.

You've got public housing that's so bad Trumps (!!!) Feds are investigating, segregation in schools getting fought for by 'i am not racist' NIMBY types and most importantly like you pointed out soo much focus/protection for white collar crime that it's not surprising there's no cash left for the poors.

NYC, like all the big democratic cities, prides itself with looking like a liberal haven but its as bigoted and racist as the rest. Its all about containing the blight and keeping it away; they sell you that the policing is keeping the neighborhoods safer when its really to keep those issues confined there out of sight/out of mind so much of the monied populace can feel good that when they give a pittance of what they make to charity and don't have to examine the roll they play.

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His statement reminds me of being a teenager and being stopped and searched because I "vaguely fit the description to a T" of a person the cops were looking for.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I really do wonder what the media would do if Bernie wins the nomination, do they just start supporting Trump?

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
User Banned (1 Month): Concern trolling in a thread regarding racism
I feel so sick knowing that I'd still vote for him in the General Election if it's him vs. Trump. I seriously hope he does not manage to get the Dem nomination.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'd very seriously consider not voting for Bloomberg in a general and just voting downticket. This country's finished if he's the Democratic nomination. At that point you're just picking your poison.

I really do wonder what the media would do if Bernie wins the nomination, do they just start supporting Trump?

A lot of pundits make a good chunk of change talking about how awful Trump is. Compared to the guy who wants to actually go after the rich and powerful that enable the corruption of this country and further benefits these pundits? Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see some of these "fair and balanced" people going "well, you know, Trump isn't so bad..."

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm honestly surprised he backtracked at all on stop and frisk. Like its completely vile but also I don't think its generally as unpopular of a policy as folks in this thread make it out to be. Folks are racist. It's not a thing thats going to torpedo his candidacy.
Because you have to win minority voters in the Dem primary, who are generally more opposed to stop-and-frisk for obvious reasons.