• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sounds terrible, just give me a single protagonist who's well-developed and with an actual interesting personality. Maybe they did that in WD2 already, but the first one was so off-putting I never felt like giving the second one a chance.
I'll probably still check this out just to know what it is about, but I can't muster any excitement for Watchdogs, no matter how hard I try.

Also, if the NPCs are playable, then they're no longer NPCs 🤔

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I honestly liked WD1 a lot. I can admit I legit loved WD2. It's been obvious for a long time that WD3 was going to be set in London, which is fine with me. Then more recently the rumor was "futuristic London," which gave me a boner that hasn't gone away. But this news isn't doing much for me. I hate the sound of switching around between random NPCs. Give me a goddamn character with a story centered on them. And I'm so sick of franchises going "Franchise Title." "Franchise Title 2" for the sequel. And then later dropping the numbers and switching to going with "Franchise Title: No Sequel Number But Instead Some Random Word/s." Those are just my blind impressions at this tidbit of new though... I'll keep an open mind and I'm sure it'll be just swell.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
It's a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London's fortunes.

It's going to be hilarious if Brexit doesn't happen now. Also the game sounds messy, I know Brexit is awful and shouldn't be happening but I don't think it will change the UK that drastically (unless it's a No Deal Brexit)

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
With Kassandra and Marcus, Ubi has been on a roll with well made protagonists. It'd be very disappointing to see them move away from that.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Man I love this idea, can't wait to see the concept in action. Is it going to be like Hitman where you're essentially just putting on a glorified disguise?

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sounds terrible, just give me a single protagonist who's well-developed and with an actual interesting personality. Maybe they did that in WD2 already, but the first one was so off-putting I never felt like giving the second one a chance.
I'll probably still check this out just to know what it is about, but I can't muster any excitement for Watchdogs, no matter how hard I try.

Also, if the NPCs are playable, then they're no longer NPCs 🤔
Marcus isn't gonna end up in any protagonist hall of fame but he definitely left more of an impression than Adrian ever did.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds awesome, i'm happy theyre doing something ambitious again which is what this series was marketed as initially

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I've heard about this too.
The main character is in the Territorial Army and you spend the early part of the game levelling up your Help for Heroes collection bucket in a shopping Centre in Burnley.

A big part of the game is about using the in game version of Facebook to live stream Paedophile hunts in multiplayer teams of up to 16.

The classic towers are gone and are replaced with polling stations.
There is a new simulation that links together various components of London.
There are 35 Polling stations in the game, once you have hacked one you can see all the immigrants on the map.
The goal is to get rid of all the immigrants and cripple as many industries and services as possible.

There is no fast travel in the game, however you can buy yearly season pass that will allow you to travel to the EU.

Mini games include : the postcode lottery and Foxy Bingo.

Preorder Bonuses includes a Watch_Dogs Legion silicon impregnated anti-milkshake T-Shirt.
A WH Smith voucher 25p off your next copy of the Sun.
A month for free health insurance for when the NHS explodes.

The game was originally going to come out in March, but nobody could agree on a release date , so it's gone back to October 31st

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
If Marcus pops up in London somewhere and they let me control him, I'll be fine with that.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
tumblr_ps59ubEeOm1s81a1y_540.gif

And...

6yfiKVt.gif

Either way, play as any npc? Weeeeird but I'm interested.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Any NPC?
I liked having a crew of characters with personalities in WD2, but I'm super curious about how this turns out.

If I can't play as a dog then it's not "any" NPC

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Until hearing more, I think we should think of the protagonist as a leader figure, and not just some interchangeable blank slate like some have suggested ITT.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
The "play as any NPC" mechanic sounds like it could be bad depending on how they do it. Hoping they don't ruin what was great about the previous game.

Just make it more serious like Watch_Dogs and less high school cool like the sequel and I'm bought.

But that's what made Watch Dogs 1's story so bad. The game's serious tone was terrible in the face of it's utterly absurd premise.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anything that's like driver San Francisco has my attention. That game is criminally underrated.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
So you're a....ghost?

EDIT: actually misread and thought OP was saying they were going to use a system like driver San Francisco, which would be weird as fuck lol.

Last edited:

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Obviously it's hard to have a hard opinion with so few actual facts about the game available - but I think Ubisoft has the potential to do something really cool & ambitious with this concept if they pull it off.

Watch_Dogs is primarily a series about social upheaval, and leveraging public opinion to right injustice. WD2's entire progression system was linked to your followers, and how much collective computing power DedSec could use to fight the system.

So if you take that idea one step further, being able to play as anyone recruited into DedSec makes perfect sense. Revolutionary political movements aren't about the triumphs of one hero. They're about many heroes, and the many small stories that turn the tide of a populus. So, why not reflect that in the narrative? You're not playing as the head of an organization. You are playing as the organization.

I have no doubt that it'll be a challenge. But when I think about what this series has done well in the past - unique side characters, strong self-contained missions, and an open world full of people that feel slightly more alive than your average NPC - this move makes sense.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
The "play as any NPC" mechanic sounds like it could be bad depending on how they do it. Hoping they don't ruin what was great about the previous game.

But that's what made Watch Dogs 1's story so bad. The game's serious tone was terrible in the face of it's utterly absurd premise.
Watch Dogs 1 story and tone actually matched the gameplay, unlike Watch Dogs 2

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this sounds legitimately terrible but it does inspire me to just play Watch Dogs 2 again.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Hope rumor about « control everyone » is false... how to waste an open-world London if there is not an actual story about characters you want to follow

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going to reserve judgement until we get more, but "Hard-Brexit-punk open world game where you can recruit basically every passerby to your resistance group" is... a pitch.

Watch Labour or the Lib Dems somehow managing to cancel Article 50 in the next four months.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Until hearing more, I think we should think of the protagonist as a leader figure, and not just some interchangeable blank slate like some have suggested ITT.
This is what I'm thinking. In my mind, I'm thinking of a scenario where you need to steal a company's information or something, and you need to infiltrate their building to do so. You can sneak in as the main character and use your tools to get what you need, or you can recruit an employee of that company, play as them and take the info without worrying about security. I need to see it in action though.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Given the title I would guess they're leaning more into a faceless revolution (which was also a part of WD2). Gain followers and have them carry the baton, wearing an Iconic mask, if you get arrested or killed?