• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That ride through the storm makes me want a cosy blanket and a hot chocolate while flying. Bliss.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Since modders always make any flight sim useable with VR I'm definitely getting this at some point All it needs to do is look around the cockpit and that's it, joystick and all that jazz for everything else.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
If Microsoft let you use a VR headset like the Quest with the XSX and support this game in Vr I'm 100% buying an XSX. It's as simple as that. Never buying a PC and certainly not a gaming one powerful enough to do this justice.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate seeing such high quality grounds in flight games, makes me want to exit the plane and explore such a huge map from that perspective

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I've heard from certain unnamed people that this alpha smothers watermarks all over the screen to identify whoever's playing, mostly in the form of a giant name or email address or something. Either someone figured out how to break that, or this is an internal leak. That is all I have to say.

UPDATE: lol yep this footage has those too, good job dude, those NDAs do *not* fuck around

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I've heard from certain unnamed people that this alpha smothers watermarks all over the screen to identify whoever's playing, mostly in the form of a giant name or email address or something. Either someone figured out how to break that, or this is an internal leak. That is all I have to say.

His alpha registration name flashes randomly across the screen quite often. Fool failed to hide himself at all.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The simple quality of life improvements from FSX is what really take my attention. It's exciting.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
From the dev blog. Made by insiders.

Heaven.png
City-View-1.jpg
Sun-2048x1152.jpg
Safari.png
Nightlights-2048x864.jpg
Through-the-clouds-2048x1120.jpg
Water.png

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Very very very disappointed with the first video :(
You can do whatever and not break your plane... go through the trees and buildings , no problem. Maybe the effect of a toggle in options to disable collisions though... i hope it is... or maybe "lazy physics on landing" toggle, to avoid people breaking their toys all the time.

I am not too sure about the flight envelopes, but we'll see... i hope it can be easily manipulated by mod/plugins makers.

The graphics are very nice though and if all the buttons and knobs do what they are supposed to do it will be very immersive.

This looks incredible.

this game will be a data hog, though, to stream that world in that fidelity. Glad they say they'll let you download regions

That's the best thing i read in years...
I will spend 2-3 months downloading every area on my flight routes and be done with it :P
No worries if it fills up a few 13TB drives.

Last edited:

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably my most anticipated game, next to half life Alyx and Cyberpunk.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
you'd think if you signed up to an alpha and opened the game and saw 4 watermarks of your user ID on screen at all times, you'd think twice about streaming it

Very very very disappointed with the first video :(
You can do whatever and not break your plane... go through the trees and buildings , no problem. Maybe the effect of a toggle in options to disable collisions though... i hope it is... or maybe "lazy physics on landing" toggle, to avoid people breaking their toys all the time.

i think it's more... they won't want to be known as a flying into building simulator.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overall it looks good, with some graphical discrepancies here and there which isn't really a problem; since it's in alpha.

I've been really into HDR gaming lately though, and I cant wait until MS releases a video with HDR for it soon.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
i think it's more... they won't want to be known as a flying into building simulator.

Maybe... Teros ruined everything :(
It was half the fun of flight sim 3... err... scrap that... for the sake of realism !

Nha but really, i feel like on a airliner, if you cannot takeoff after reaching V2 you'll still be able to stop and not destroy your plane when you go beyond the end of the roadway... it seems they have not progressed one bit on the simulator aspect of the thing... i guess it's because it makes for a game more fun and simpler and prevents including and requiring more extensive training time investment. Fly into rings and you are set...

Last edited:

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland

UPDATE: lol yep this footage has those too, good job dude, those NDAs do *not* fuck around

Breaking NDA causes ban and blacklisting from any future testing: https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/