• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that people are surprised at the price. Have some of you never seen the price of the Lego Porsche 911 GT RS3 or the Bugatti Chiron for $349.99 and up? The Porsche isn't being made anymore and it's $669.99 on Amazon.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
Despite neither of the current products (Super Mario sets and this NES set) really appealing to me, I hope Nintendo and Lego keep working together. If they just made some traditional Mario / Zelda sets, I'd be all over it. So far the gimmicks that they seem to be going for just aren't doing it for me.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also for reference this is part of LEGO's 18+ line for mature sophisticated adult collectors(aka we don't want to look silly buying colorful creator and expert boxes but don't want just technic)

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
People balking at the price tag not realising that's just Lego pricing in general. Shit is expensive for little plastic bricks.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
looks like the screen scrolls, yes. There is enough space behind the TV controls for a wider screen. I don't know if they're crazy enough to have it on some kind of roller for infinite scrolling

I'm sure I've seen an Ideas project that did that previously, so I don't think it's impossible.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused. Is this just a model of a NES or is there a NES emulator in there as well?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
fuck me. after spending about $200 on the Votron kit i never thought id see another LEGO set id dump that much money on.....i was wrong.

Yoshi88

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't buy one for full price if it isn't limited. Lego sets can go down on price. Well at least here in Europe.

In general, yes. But very rarely for D2C, exclusive or Creator Expert etc. sets like this. From experience: if you want a set like this, buy it. Use VIP points if possible. Those sets are barely 2 years on the market these days.

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm so glad I didn't waste my VIP points on another set now.

Gonna get this for £30 off day one :)

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So.... does Nintendo just not "get" Lego or was it Lego's idea? Cuz if I was younger all I would want from this collab is... Lego, but with Nintendo characters, not these weird-ass gimmics that I cant put in "the bag" and play around with, like I cant put this giant-ass Mario figure in my Lego Naboo Starfighter.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I love how it costs more than the actual NES Classic lol but then again that didnt come with a TV...

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I've never bought a full fledged LEGO kit like this before. This finally might get me to cave in. It looks awesome

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm switching day jobs at the beginning of August, think this might be a celebratory purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.