• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
So all of this is based off a listing from Production Weekly.

www.productionweekly.com

About

Since 1995 Production Weekly has been providing professionals working in the film and television industries with the most comprehensive production resource available. Our professional resear…

ExS3g6cXEAA14h_

Luffy - Max Charles (17) - Lion Guard, Strain & Harvey Beaks
https://www.instagram.com/maxcharles1/

Zoro - Mackenyu (24) - Rurouni Kenshin: Final Chapter, Jojo Unbreakable Diamond Part 1 & Chihayafuru flims
https://www.instagram.com/mackenyu.1116/

Nami - Taylor Richardson (19) - Rise, Slender Man & All Together Now
https://www.instagram.com/misstaylorrichardson/

Usopp - (21) - Black-ish, Grow-ish & She-Ra
https://www.instagram.com/marcusscribner/

Sanji - Alex Lange (20) - Red Ruby, The Unsettling & Code Black
https://www.instagram.com/alexlange/

Pls cloze if old

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Is it actually happening? Love that they're actually embracing the diversity.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Nami and Usopp took pretty much perfect for their roles. Not many shots of the Luffy actor but he looks close too. All of them look like good picks, honestly. Good sign.

Also LOL at Project Roger.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
E4Eb4wy.gif

So, CW tier adaptation like Sabrina, Winx Club, Death Note.
God this show is going to be so trash.

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Marcus Scribner is literally the first person I thought of for Usopp when the live action was first announced so if this is legit I will be ECSTACIC to say the least lol.

Didn't know about Mackenyu so when I first saw his pic I thought he was too pretty to be Zoro, but after seeing some of his roles he is damn near perfect.

Taylor Richardson looks like a solid choice.

Sanji and especially Luffy's actors would be the biggest question marks for me. Alex Lange looks wise is close to Sanji but Max...I dunno.

E4Eb4wy.gif

So, CW tier adaptation like Sabrina, Winx Club, Death Note.
God this show is going to be so trash.

Which actors would have to be hired to make you think this isn't CW tier? Just curious.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not heavy into OP, but from what I do know a black Usopp doesn't make me super happy. Ain't dude hella scary/cowardly?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This is going to be so bad

Trying to make One Piece work in live action will always be a fools errand

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Live action Luffy will be the hardest thing to pull off. Works in Anime, works in Manga, but that personality will be near impossible to replicate without being grating.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
They should have cast a Brazilian as Luffy. Zoro and Usopp casting seem good though.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not heavy into OP, but from what I do know a black Usopp doesn't make me super happy. Ain't dude hella scary/cowardly?

Your selling Usopp short, and he's changed a lot since the early days. He was willing to fight his Captain (Luffy) even though he was massively outgunned, and got his ass destroyed and humiliated. That takes balls.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scribner is the only one I've seen in anything, and I can see him being a good Usopp. So that's solid at least.

For the rest, uhh, we'll see!

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
No idea who these actors are but they seem to fit the characters. I'll watch the series, regardless of whether it's good or bad.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
She's a little young but they should cast Maya Hawke as Robin just for the Uma Thurman/Mia Wallace nod.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zoro's actor is so... pretty. Wow. I can already forsee he will become an even more popular character than he already is. 😂

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Your selling Usopp short, and he's changed a lot. He was willing to fight his Captain even though he was massively outgunned, that takes balls.

I'm not into OP at all so it's not really an indictment, that's just what folks usually know him as. In any case, this is a Western adaptation, and a scene like that likely doesn't make it in. American media has a tendency to make black folk hella scary in movies, is my issue. But I'm mostly reserving judgment til it comes out.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I want a dark skin Nico Robin.

I maintain the series after Arlong is unadaptable to live action. Prove me wrong, Netflix!

I'm not into OP at all so it's not really an indictment, that's just what folks usually know him as. In any case, this is a Western adaptation, and a scene like that likely doesn't make it in. American media has a tendency to make black folk hella scary in movies, is my issue. But I'm mostly reserving judgment til it comes out.

Usopp is never depicted as scary. He's a cowardly lion - constantly terrified yet steps up and fights when it matters the most.