• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Sounds about right. I wasn't sure what items were best so I just sort of grabbed whatever which turned me into a bit of a monster to take down so I think I played the part of being pleasantly annoying to the other team. Braum gets my seal of approval.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i want to know what the discussion was around frostbutt irelia

like i can imagine the debate on if the butt should stay or not

happy they arrived to the logical conclusion that the butt is canon

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow my team around me gave the enemy Fiora 9/0 in twelve minutes. I was mid against Heimer who kept me perma-shoved, and our Jungler Kayn stayed away from mid to help uh... actually, he ganked nobody, going from what the rest of the team said. He did have Herald and two Dragons stolen due to starting them with no Smite or Control Wards, though, so at least he knew objective game. :)))))))

I've never felt stronger that feeling of "oh, so this is what a totally unwinnable looks like"

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Nah Braum is B or C tier in ARAM. Tanks are great in ARAM, but he's not really disruptive nor threatening.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm soooo tired of support mages. I feel like this has gone from semi-common to all-the-time now. And it is especially frustrating when half of them just want to play Mid Mage instead of Support role. Anyone else feel this way or am I nuts?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm soooo tired of support mages. I feel like this has gone from semi-common to all-the-time now. And it is especially frustrating when half of them just want to play Mid Mage instead of Support role. Anyone else feel this way or am I nuts?
Nah, the utility supports are still king in botlane (although Brand and Veigar support are my most played supports this season lol, they're just fun OK). Support mages are still easily farmable with a Leona.

Oct 26, 2017
To continue my games with a bad bot lane, we just had a Nami/Leona bot on my team. Ranked game.

We....won...? They actually murdered, and continued to murder. Life just doesn't make sense anymore, people. I can't hang with these young kids no more.

Last edited:

Wibblewozzer

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I've gone back to having a bunch of bots (and people higher level than me yell and berate them in chat somehow unaware that they're bots). I think it's just the bots come out on weeknights and fade away on weekends so I'll probably mostly play on weekends going forward. Or Riot could give a shit and fix this problem? That'd be great.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
ARAM was where I learned to love and accept AP Nasus (and only there, but still). Lucen's Echo infused Spirit Fire chunks are a thing of beauty.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
splitpushing as Kayn feels like I'm playing the game wrong but hey, it worked

even got a really nice baron steal in there

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I tried to play ranked match and honestly it was my biggest disappointment with the game over the last 4 years. It seems that people take more seriously Normal game or ARAM.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy smokes, that new Miss Fortune splash. Her head is like...ridiculously small and out of proportion compared to the rest of her body. That looks...not great.

I tried to play ranked match and honestly it was my biggest disappointment with the game over the last 4 years. It seems that people take more seriously Normal game or ARAM.
Yeah. People take Ranked pretty darn serious. When I came back after my 9 month break from League, I played nothing but ARAM for the first few months. Really helped me settle back in with a crowd that mostly didn't give a shit so I could let loose and have fun.

Oct 26, 2017
Is Vel'Koz terrible this patch? or did everyone else just get a lot better? I had 5 ranked wins in a row last patch, and was winning 75% of games. This patch the only games I've won have been due to my team carrying me. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong all of the sudden.

Bacon

Oct 26, 2017
That MF skin really is terrible. It looks like nothing special in game which like, is fine, but it's supposed to be an ultimate skin? Nah.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Riot didnt learn about making different variations of the same skin would be a disaster and lost focus on the skin design on first place.

Worked on Udyr and Sona because its part of their moveset to change stances and worked organically

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished my promos and got put in Silver 2, even got an S- on good ol Taric at the end there (lane buddy Jhin also got an S-). I finished last season Silver 2 as well (didn't play ranked much) so I'm not quite sure if the game is telling me to get gud or not. Most people finish below their old standing yea? I went 7-3 so I did good but not amazing or anything.

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to improve my Vel'Koz game so I've been watching some higher ranked players. One player, AzzApp, pretty regularly buys Dark Seal. I have never purchased this item, ever, so I'm curious to hear some feedback from pros on here as to when it is good (in general on any champ) to buy Dark Seal, and went to stay away.

Baffey

Mar 20, 2018
Finally finished my promos and got put in Silver 2, even got an S- on good ol Taric at the end there (lane buddy Jhin also got an S-). I finished last season Silver 2 as well (didn't play ranked much) so I'm not quite sure if the game is telling me to get gud or not. Most people finish below their old standing yea? I went 7-3 so I did good but not amazing or anything.
I'm pretty sure it's a soft MMR reset. If you had gone 5-5 you would have stayed at the MMR you were reset to.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully by the time I get my account I lovingly named IreliamFeelingIt to 30, she won't be so highly banned.

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in love with Tahm top. Almost always demolish my lane. (I'm in bronze, however.)

Why isn't this played more? Tahm's a great tank, good damage, good cc, can save peeps in a team fight while also being extremely annoying/dangerous to enemy team...

Illaoi gives me some trouble, but I think I'm just bad against her because of lack of experience against the champ. I've been crushing everyone else, even Vayne, after I rushed bramble vest.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Tahm top (and I think JG too?) used to be meta; pick or ban, in fact ("unbench the kench!").

They just gutted him all around (especially his damage output) so top Kench is nowhere as good as he used to be.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
tk is a pretty big pick in lck at least right now (and he's getting nerfs soon i think?)

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
tk is a pretty big pick in lck at least right now (and he's getting nerfs soon i think?)

He's picked pretty often at pro level as support, but (at my level) he's pretty OP top lane. I'm not saying he's necessarily the BEST top lamer, but against melee he's really strong, and he's a lot of fun to boot.

And from what I remember it's a small nerf, something to do with less movement speed towards enemy when you have an ally in the belly.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I used to play TK jungle when he came out, it was glorious. I did it recently and I guess the enemy team wasn't prepared for the unbench.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So next champ is Bilgewater based? Wonder if it's a shark or fish creature :P

Nunu is getting redone which is interesting, his ult is pretty tricky to land properly, but brushes in ARAM usually guarantee it damaging peeps :V

Jarsonot

Oct 27, 2017
So next champ is Bilgewater based? Wonder if it's a shark or fish creature :P

Nunu is getting redone which is interesting, his ult is pretty tricky to land properly, but brushes in ARAM usually guarantee it damaging peeps :V

New champ's a support, and they've said how they want to make new champs play the game in new ways, so I'm really interested to see what they've come up with. Shouldn't be damage oriented (support) so maybe some unique CC or movement abilities?

Looking forward to it. I imagine with so many champions already it's hard to come up with original ideas.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
Hi friends! I know I've been flying under the radar lately, but I'm a motion graphics artist at Riot who works on tons of login screen animations among other things. I wanted to share a tutorial I recorded for this interested in seeing how we animate and rig the characters of said screens in After Effects. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

https://vimeo.com/user73213403

(Note the target audience is After Effects users, but you might get a kick out of it anyways haha)

Thanks!

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Do you guys ever team up?

I used to play this with a squad, we all quit like 4 years ago.

I just got back into the game, but it's not the same.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi friends! I know I've been flying under the radar lately, but I'm a motion graphics artist at Riot who works on tons of login screen animations among other things. I wanted to share a tutorial I recorded for this interested in seeing how we animate and rig the characters of said screens in After Effects. Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

https://vimeo.com/user73213403

(Note the target audience is After Effects users, but you might get a kick out of it anyways haha)

Thanks!

Oooh cool stuff. If I was good at using editing programs I would dig this