• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't watched pro LoL games in a while and decided to watch some MSI. The games have been awesome so far, but are stuff like lane priority and vertical jungling the new buzz words? Anyone care to explain what lane priority even means?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
So I haven't watched pro LoL games in a while and decided to watch some MSI. The games have been awesome so far, but are stuff like lane priority and vertical jungling the new buzz words? Anyone care to explain what lane priority even means?
lane priority basically means you have pressure in the lane so that you can decide whether to push or not, and thus you are the first one that can roam to a skirmish or sidelane.

Lane priority has been a term for quite a while.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Took me forever to find this thread. I almost feel like I'm not supposed to be posting in it.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
There's been a bunch of bugs with this patch so wouldn't surprise me if there was another.

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
any tips for returning players? how bad is the slog for unlocking new champs these days?
About the same as before depending on your honor level (new honor system).

For returning players I'd honestly recommend sticking to recently reworked or recently released champions. They're hella fun. Everyone gets an overloaded kit now.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
About the same as before depending on your honor level (new honor system).

For returning players I'd honestly recommend sticking to recently reworked or recently released champions. They're hella fun. Everyone gets an overloaded kit now.

thanks, i'm honor level 2 so i guess i have some ways to go

that's rad to hear - is there a list of heroes ordered by release/rework date?

Deleted member 20892

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends. I know it's more poppin on the discord but I thought it'd be cool to share my work from 2018 on league with you all and answer any questions you might have about the login screen life! Or if not, maybe you might find it interesting at least, haha. I finally got around to gathering it all up, a year late but...Boom!

Phasing them out?!
Man, logins with all that cool art and fantastic music is how I still keep up with LoL. :(

You worked on some of my faves (Season Start and Irelia). Thanks for sharing the blog post.

Lil Peanut Brotha

Motion Graphics Artist at Riot Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
CA, USA
Phasing them out?!
Man, logins with all that cool art and fantastic music is how I still keep up with LoL. :(

You worked on some of my faves (Season Start and Irelia). Thanks for sharing the blog post.

Thanks for checking it out, I'm glad you liked them...Irelia was my favorite too! Her trailer was so hype ...
But yeah, it feels like the end of an era (for me anyways, I've been animating many of them for 5 years!!), but there is plenty of other cool mograph and especially music work to be done!
There is a spotify and soundcloud channel to enjoy the music on! I think it's all up there for free.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends. I know it's more poppin on the discord but I thought it'd be cool to share my work from 2018 on league with you all and answer any questions you might have about the login screen life! Or if not, maybe you might find it interesting at least, haha. I finally got around to gathering it all up, a year late but...Boom!

Thanks for your hard and awesome work! I'm kinda sad to see Login Screens go but I'm looking forward to how an updated client will look like. That reminds me of an idea I had though, I guess there won't ever be a chance we could set the splash-art of our favorite champion as the login?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to play a summoner's rift ranked game for the first time in like a year or so. I do play some ARAM occasionally. Anyways, I got destroyed in lane, but won the game in the end. It said my placement was around silver 1 atm, but why did I have to go up against a platinum player during that game lol? Shouldn't I be up against some guys at my own level?

Deleted member 20892

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Decided to play a summoner's rift ranked game for the first time in like a year or so. I do play some ARAM occasionally. Anyways, I got destroyed in lane, but won the game in the end. It said my placement was around silver 1 atm, but why did I have to go up against a platinum player during that game lol? Shouldn't I be up against some guys at my own level?
What was your ranking before your hiatus? Also you'll always get placed below your actual rank.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
When did League lore start getting rewritten? I know someone came on board to streamline it, but I don't know when it started.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I google'd, so I know what the issue is, but uh wow. I'm stuck in a "ghost game" and have been for the last hour (even after a logout, and a total computer reset). I know what this is because of posts on the support boards from three years ago. I know bugs just... exist, but I'm a tad miffed at losing the time I set aside to play a few games to a three+ year old bug lol.

I know all the activity here is in Discord now, but in case someone still reads the thread occasionally: is Sona good? She's the only one I've been playing the past two weeks, and it's gone real well, but I'm starting to see people ask me not to use her. I'm terrible and do so anyways, because they don't want to see me on anybody else, but yeah. I'm not dragging teams down using an actually poor support am I?

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I google'd, so I know what the issue is, but uh wow. I'm stuck in a "ghost game" and have been for the last hour (even after a logout, and a total computer reset). I know what this is because of posts on the support boards from three years ago. I know bugs just... exist, but I'm a tad miffed at losing the time I set aside to play a few games to a three+ year old bug lol.

I know all the activity here is in Discord now, but in case someone still reads the thread occasionally: is Sona good? She's the only one I've been playing the past two weeks, and it's gone real well, but I'm starting to see people ask me not to use her. I'm terrible and do so anyways, because they don't want to see me on anybody else, but yeah. I'm not dragging teams down using an actually poor support am I?
Ghost games huh, it was years ago since I saw one of those.

Sona is okay. She's not in the meta right now but if you're relatively new to the game or low rank you can do okay with her still.

If you want to know winrates and stuff check https://u.gg/ .

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I have to rant about TFT - it's unbelievable to me how bad the general balancing is. I'm not talking about items or characters, that probably makes sense and I'm too bad to analyze it either way. But being last in this game is so shit! It happens so often that I somewhat find my footing after losing most of my games, have around 10 HP left, feel like I could go somewhere from here and then I have to face the player in the first place and right after the one in the second place. How does that make sense? I'm last! Not even last and won the last 3 or 4 rounds, I have maybe won 1 or 2 during the entire round. How does it make sense to pit me against the top two players in succession?

If most of my friends wouldn't play this, I would just quit and not look back, but they do and if I wanna play with them, I pretty much have to find a way to stay relaxed while losing. I won't ever make it to Gold I or Platinum or so - it's just a matter of reaching Gold IV so I can potentially still play with my friends.

Also: The random factor in how you get money or items fucking sucks. I could understand if everyone gets items and gold and has to do with what they get, but some people get 3-4 items while you get only 1 and some gold. In the long run, items are so much more important that it doesn't matter that you could level up early in one of the very early rounds or roll once or twice more.

Again - not looking to win games left and right, but as a middle of the lane player this game sucks with the general balancing. Also how in the world do they still have the same bugs? PLay against Singed and hear his sound for the rest of the game.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
First match as Aphelios was a dub, clapped a MF/Jhin bot duo lol.

Also, new champ (Sett) is Rakan meets Conor McGregor

Sett.jpg

Confirmed kit ability names:

• Q—Fist, Meet Face
  • W—Catch These Hands
  • E—Bust 'Em Up
  • R—Let's Give 'Em a Show

"Catch these hands", lmfao.

Last edited:

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, clash has been the best addition they've done in a while. Have played all the betas and the past two weeks and even though it didn't always work 100% it was a lot of fun. So many friends who quit / or barely played got on again to play some matches for clash.

Good times.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can you report folk outside of game? Guy in my friends list called me the n-word and like, I feel like there's gotta be something I'm missing. It's in the chat log, easy enough to check I'd have thought.

It was petty/ridiculous/nonsense, but the guy ingame said he didn't have any 9+ death games as he berated a teammate over it. I said, "so in your past 20 you have no 9+ games." Replied with, "nope." I checked afterwards and literally their last game was 4/11. So I Friend Requested to say, "what's the point of lying about easily found information lol." Then, n-word with multiple g's to avoid filter.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've been trying to farm the 10 first bloods for "Sett's Calling Card" on Poro King.

.....it's only attainable through SR or ARAM.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to bug you but can I get one as well? Me and my wife have recently started getting into it again and would love a place to discuss and get help!

also - has anyone ever bought any of the League of Legends figures? im tempted to get some off ebay but I worry they might be cheap chinese knock offs...
Will do! I won't be home for a few hours, so I can send it then, unless someone else notices this before me and hooks you up.

Any particular positions you two have drifted towards? And any particular champions?

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Will do! I won't be home for a few hours, so I can send it then, unless someone else notices this before me and hooks you up.

Any particular positions you two have drifted towards? And any particular champions?

We switch between Support/Bottom(ADC)/Jungle and Top on rare occasions. I have been dabbling a bit in ranked (one more placement match to go) but she isnt about that life. We mainly play draft mode and just try to lane together when we can. Ive been playing a lot of Lux and Ashe, while shes been playing Morgana and Miss Fortune. She recently tried Yuumi last night and fell in love with the character though.

My real main is Sejuani but I havent played her in awhile since my wife began playing with me. I basically only Jungle if I have to now.