• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To quote one of the tweet responses, "who the fuck is leafy?"

What did he do?

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Who is Leafy for those unaware?
Hopefully this thread when he was banned from YouTube will provide more context:

www.resetera.com

Youtuber leafy banned for bullying and harassing

Saw it in the pokimane thread. But this deserves its own thread. This clown disappeared for years. Came back and started harassing more people. But the bigger question remains how has Keemstar survived so long as he’s done much worse than Leafy. Why is he protected? Surely anyone with a brain...

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I've never heard of this person ever
I don't really follow YouTube drama though so whatever

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Good, I never bought that he believed his own bs, but he still did it and he was a beacon to those who truly believed his hateful rhetoric so glad he pretty much can't do anything now.

YT and Twitch only sat on their asses for years to deal with this fucker.

He came back even more hateful than ever and I think they realized he had passed the makes us money/is a hassle point.

It sounds like a conspiracy but I'd bet good money that both Youtube and Twitch teams have talks about their popular moneymakers and which ones are more trouble than they're worth based on how much money they are making them.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Good, this dude has powerful mass shooter energy. Hope he stays off all the platforms and gets some help.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
So, will he just play this the whole time and then end the stream again?
Super toxic youtuber.
I only know him from YouTube a few years ago but I think his channel is just shitting on others
Big youtuber and piece of shit harasser. Lucily he was permabanned on youtube.
Hopefully this thread when he was banned from YouTube will provide more context:

www.resetera.com

Youtuber leafy banned for bullying and harassing

Saw it in the pokimane thread. But this deserves its own thread. This clown disappeared for years. Came back and started harassing more people. But the bigger question remains how has Keemstar survived so long as he’s done much worse than Leafy. Why is he protected? Surely anyone with a brain...
Thanks all. Hopefully this means they are getting more inline with the policies they say they follow (lol, doubtful), but I hope Keemstar is next.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
I know this just shows how out of touch I am with the kids, but I can't stand the thought of watching other people yakking over games on Twitch and YouTube so this is me in every single one of these threads

5tCjged.gif

My ignorance aside, it's always nice when a platform excises a toxic waste of bandwidth.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This was his first time engaging in threats of violence against a person or groups of people (bro lmfao)?
*on twitch

Looks like platforms are seeing reputations across platforms to make their penalties. Happened with Alex Jones as well.

The negatives of being a shitty internet celeb lol.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
There is a video by someone like ThoughtSlime or DangeloWallace breaking down leafyishere and why he's so fucked up but I can't find it.

Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is he the guy who basically shat on others whole doing those weird runs in custom maps in what looked like counter strike & flipping the knife round all the time? If so, good. Only saw a couple of those vids in question, but MAN that guy made a living off hate.

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
I know this just shows how out of touch I am with the kids, but I can't stand the thought of watching other people yakking over games on Twitch and YouTube so this is me in every single one of these threads

My ignorance aside, it's always nice when a platform excises a toxic waste of bandwidth.

I don't know much about Leafy, but from what I remember about him years back he wasn't the kind of YouTuber you're thinking of. He wasn't a let's play/gameplay type of person, but instead just a vicious shitter who created toxic and hateful content about other people, and didn't give a shit that his scumbag fans went and harassed those people because of him. Sure, he played some gameplay footage in the background, but I honestly wouldn't have classified him as a "gaming" YouTuber at all, at least not in the sense you're thinking of. Maybe his content changed since I last heard about him a bunch, but I doubt it.

Think of him more as a disgusting tabloid like the Daily Mail or National Enquirer rather than someone like Ninja or Shroud.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know much about Leafy, but from what I remember about him years back he wasn't the kind of YouTuber you're thinking of. He wasn't a let's play/gameplay type of person, but instead just a vicious shitter who created toxic and hateful content about other people, and didn't give a shit that his scumbag fans went and harassed those people because of him. Sure, he played some gameplay footage in the background, but I honestly wouldn't have classified him as a "gaming" YouTuber at all, at least not in the sense you're thinking of. Maybe his content changed since I last heard about him a bunch, but I doubt it.

Think of him more as a disgusting tabloid like the Daily Mail or National Enquirer rather than someone like Ninja or Shroud.
Drama channel basically.