• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What’s your Platform of choice for Anthem?

• Xbox One X

Votes: 352 29.2%
  • Playstation 4

Votes: 384 31.9%
  • PC

Votes: 468 38.9%

• Total voters

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
30fps on consoles? Yeah PC will be the best place to play. No online multiplayer fee either.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Sorry for the confusing posts guys.

I meant what platform is the lead on development but also what platform are you getting it on.
Bioware have been showcasing the game using PC, so I guess that'd be the lead platform.

But yeah, asking both questions at the same time is not a good idea, especially since the poll is not related to the title at all.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got the game free on pc but will buy on xbox as all of our squad has moved primary console back to the beast that is the X. This game is about the bells and whistles so pc and Xbox for me.

You know what I really want more than anything. Someone please make cross platform account pleaeease.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Xb1<PS4<ps4pro<xb1x<pc

If I buy Anthem it'll be on the best hardware I have, which is xb1x. But after being burned on loot based GaaS titles before, I'm holding out for at least 3 months to see how everything shakes out.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
So, I don't speak for Bioware, but generally when working with Frostbite...

We don't do ports. Our Frostbite tools allow us to easily build and deploy our games for all 3 platforms at the same time.

Excluding marketing deals, public facing promotions, and platform specific features obviously, we prototype and develop on PC and then scale down stuff to make it run and play well on the consoles.

In that sense, just pick whatever platform works best for you. :)

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS4. Simply because they're the largest market share. I also think Anthem specs being above average(eg. requiring Windows 10) will be a soft deterrent.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
PS4. Simply because they're the largest market share. I also think Anthem specs being above average(eg. requiring Windows 10) will be a soft deterrent.
Windows 10 requirement is above average?

source.gif

Oct 31, 2017
As much as I like my PS4 Pro and my friend list in there i'll still be getting it on PC.
it's 2019 and games have no excuse to be 30fps anymore even on consoles.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I would prefer PC but living in Japan means the playerbase in my time zone will be pretty dire compared to PS4 so I am gonna go with that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the confusing posts guys.

I meant what platform is the lead on development but also what platform are you getting it on.
This makes it more confusing as for lead platform the Pro is the option then not the base PS4.
Also where people are gonna play is also missing Pro and OG Xbox One. :D

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
I voted PC but I just remembered that my friends will play it on PS4, so PS4 I guess :p
Shouldn't be a big difference

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.

We don't do ports. Our Frostbite tools allow us to easily build and deploy our games for all 3 platforms at the same time.

Excluding marketing deals, public facing promotions, and platform specific features obviously, we prototype and develop on PC and then scale down stuff to make it run and play well on the consoles.

Interesting insight.

-Amon-

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll play this on Pc but being Anthem multiplayer I guess than Ps4 could be the best choice.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
It feels a lot like an Xbox Game, and it looks like its also advertised a lot by MS, so I say XBOX X

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Was not sure if PC or X1X. I have the feeling this game will really require max performance. But it will be X1X since quite a lot of my friends have decided to go for the X1X version. If I think about it, quite weird all my uber PC playing friends seem to have X1Xes.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Xbox One X as i only own the consoles and want to play with a better controller and better looking graphics

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Exactly, EA is one of the fewest publishers that makes games first on PC and then on consoles and it shows, i've never seen a Frostbite EA games running poorly on PC compared to other games or engines from third party publishers and developers.

Il 2016 EA said that they make games for High-End PC first and then scale to consoles.

I would prefer PC but living in Japan means the playerbase in my time zone will be pretty dire compared to PS4 so I am gonna go with that.

You can't play with SEA people and Koreans since they love PC or Origin is restricted to one country? I live in Italy, but i can play with Europe West and sometimes i see people from Europe East and Russia.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I think it uses gaussian DoF on all console versions same as Andromeda because that is how Frostbite games fare with the graphical improvements they're making as of late, but full on multisampled Cinematic DoF on pc. I'm going with pc. It has higher mesh detail and skin shaders, higher geomitry detail, better post-processing etc and runs 30fps at higher settings pretty stable on my GTX 1060 and I5-8400

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
"Lead plattform" has always been a bullshit term. Every game is developed on a PC and then adjusted to the devices where it's supposed to run on.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
People should care less about "which platform will win" and more about "which platform will have healthy playerbases for this multiplayer game"
And it seems all three will have it, be it on sheer number of users (PS4) or other factors (Origin/EA access for PC/xbox)

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
"Lead plattform" has always been a bullshit term. Every game is developed on a PC and then adjusted to the devices where it's supposed to run on.
Well, no shit. (unless you count Dreams, heh)

The term is usually used to describe on which platform the majority of the optimizations were made. This is pretty common on consoles (see Resident Evil 2 Remake for instance, better on PS4 Pro besides the fact Xbox One X having the hardware advantage).

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited, all my close buddies who have been console only players for ages have gotten gaming PC's. And we're going anthem on PC. Which is something I would have had to go alone in the past.

That being said nothing would excite me more than having them get Crossplay working at some point soon. We are leaving a few people behind we'd prefer not to.

Jorgie

Mar 28, 2018
Philadelphia
The poll is exactly what I expect before voting lol. Definitely see a game like this being more popular/successful on PC then trickle down to whatever the more popular console (PS4) is.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Would love to get this on PC but most of the friends are going to be on PS4. Oh well I'm sure it'll be fun.