• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
User Banned (2 weeks): concern trolling
This all seems really wrong for this moment imo she's turning this into a showbiz story it was forever ago not also that but the actress lea is heavily pregnant atm regardless what you think of her stuff like this shouldn't be put on her at this moment in time go all in later sure .

Some chick from Riverdale is complaining now about her pay grade Again turning it into Hollywood politics who cares about that shit we care about the real everyday people first then we can think about your huge low pay

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
What I don't get is, Ryan Murphy seems like the biggest hack to ever exist half of the time. And the other half you're watching Feud or the first season of American Crime Story or even Hollywood and thinking: Wow, this guy makes pretty good TV

I mean, even Popular was pretty good back in the day (even though on a very different, late 90s level.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This all seems really wrong for this moment imo she's turning this into a showbiz story it was forever ago not also that but the actress lea is heavily pregnant atm regardless what you think of her stuff like this shouldn't be put on her at this moment in time go all in later sure .

Some chick from Riverdale is complaining now about her pay grade Again turning it into Hollywood politics who cares about that shit we care about the real everyday people first then we can think about your huge low pay

She wasn't trying to make it about herself.

It started with this.

Xiqhij9.png

She was standing up for her ex colleague/friend and rightfully pointed out that black characters are written worse than the white characters in Riverdale.

Someone else pointed out that her character double fulfils the diversity quota since the character is both black and lesbian and should be paid more. That's where she said she's paid the least among the regulars. She wasn't making it about her.

Her character has been an accessory to a white character since she got into a relationship.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad to see more celebrities being exposed for being hateful to other castmates/people in general, especially considering how the industry tends to freeze out people who do not want to put up with racist behavior in favor of money makers.

Don't we have rumours that Emma Roberts is a huge diva as well. That was the topic of that weird blind item site.
When she and Peter Evans were staying in a hotel together back in 2013, the police were called after people heard yelling in their room and Emma was arrested as the officers saw Peter having signs of a physical altercation.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
tvline.com

Lea Michele Breaks Silence, Apologizes to Glee Co-Star for ‘My Immaturity’ and ‘Unnecessarily Difficult Behavior’

'Glee' actress Lea Michele has released a statement in which she apologizes for her past diva-like behavior
While I don't remember ever making this specific statement and I have never judged others by their background or color of their skin, that's not really the point. What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people. Whether it was my privileged position and perspective that caused me to be perceived as insensitive or inappropriate at times or whether it was just my immaturity and me just being unnecessarily difficult, I apologize for my behavior and for any pain which I have caused.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What I don't get is, Ryan Murphy seems like the biggest hack to ever exist half of the time. And the other half you're watching Feud or the first season of American Crime Story or even Hollywood and thinking: Wow, this guy makes pretty good TV

I mean, even Popular was pretty good back in the day (even though on a very different, late 90s level.
The way I see his shows is that the highs are extremely high and the lows are extremely low but are usually so bad they are entertaining, which makes them fun to watch either way

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Heh. I was watching StoryBots with my kid tonight and Jennifer Garner is the switchboard operator in an episode. Explains to you how cellphone calls are routed, because kids love Jennifer Garner I guess. Except dumb me really can't tell celebrities apart anymore. So when this thread comes up, I search to see who Lea Michele is, and just had to waste 20 mins trying to figure out if its the same girl. They look a little alike, right?

Jennifer Garner isn't even credited on StoryBots on IMDB which is kinda surprising. Seems like the kinda thing you'd want on your resume.

I have nothing to add to the conversation. I don't care about any of these people. Does that make me bad?

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Yeah. Glee was a trainwreck in slow motion. One episode at a time.

I felt like it began with promise; I remember choking on my drink at an unexpectedly filthy joke about blowjobs in the first season.

Seems the people in charge saw how popular American Idol type shows were and as a result it went from a show that parodied musicals into turning into it's own mediocre high school melodrama musical but worse, since it's filled with unoriginal pop songs.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Everything I've heard about Murphy is that he's an incredibly difficult person to work with, but when he gets the right people to work under him he gets results. So sometimes he picks right and other times he misses so wildly you're kind of shocked he even tried at all.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I felt like it began with promise; I remember choking on my drink at an unexpectedly filthy joke about blowjobs in the first season.

Seems the people in charge saw how popular American Idol type shows were and as a result it went from a show that parodied musicals into turning into it's own mediocre high school melodrama musical but worse, since it's filled with unoriginal pop songs.

Yeah, that pretty much hit the nail on the head. The first episodes were actually not bad.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Heh. I was watching StoryBots with my kid tonight and Jennifer Garner is the switchboard operator in an episode. Explains to you how cellphone calls are routed, because kids love Jennifer Garner I guess. Except dumb me really can't tell celebrities apart anymore. So when this thread comes up, I search to see who Lea Michele is, and just had to waste 20 mins trying to figure out if its the same girl. They look a little alike, right?

Jennifer Garner isn't even credited on StoryBots on IMDB which is kinda surprising. Seems like the kinda thing you'd want on your resume.

I have nothing to add to the conversation. I don't care about any of these people. Does that make me bad?
I think you need glasses.

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, the first half season right up until the break was very good and quite snarky. When it returned and seen how big of a hit their version of Don't Stop Believing was, it quickly turned into a garbage tier show; existing only to sell cover versions.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

For me it was that episode in the first season where Kurt mastermind this scheme to get Finn and his mom to move into his house because he wanted to seduce Finn. And then Finn drops a slur because Kurt is making him uncomfortable and the episode swerves into "Homophobia is wrong" which is like, yeah that's a good message to send but it was such a backwards way to go about telling it.

Like, if you want to go that route, have all of Curt's come-on's to Finn be all in Finn's head. And this only ended up being the beginning of many morally dubious shit. lol

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
For me it was that episode in the first season where Kurt mastermind this scheme to get Finn and his mom to move into his house because he wanted to seduce Finn. And then Finn drops a slur because Kurt is making him uncomfortable and the episode swerves into "Homophobia is wrong" which is like, yeah that's a good message to send but it was such a backwards way to go about telling it.

Like, if you want to go that route, have all of Curt's come-on's to Finn be all in Finn's head. And this only ended up being the beginning of many morally dubious shit. lol
Oh my god, that did happen in the first season. For some reason I had pushed all that into the awful season 2 in my memory. So it really was the back 9 that inexplicably aired 4 months after the rest of the season that started the freefall.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Oh my god, that did happen in the first season. For some reason I had pushed all that into the awful season 2 in my memory. So it really was the back 9 that inexplicably aired 4 months after the rest of the season that started the freefall.

Yep. I'm not sure what changed behind the scenes there, but those Back 9 episodes had all the red flags of the train wreck the series would become lol

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
This was

This was the episode where I dropped it and never looked back despite loving there first half of the season. It was also the Lady Gaga episode iirc and their covers were not good lol

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
She always was a real life Rachel Berry.

It's amazing how actors (and similarly famous people) can get away with being complete assholes to the people they work with? Are they really worth that much?

Out all of the assholes/racists.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
She always was a real life Rachel Berry.

It's amazing how actors (and similarly famous people) can get away with being complete assholes to the people they work with? Are they really worth that much?

Out all of the assholes/racists.

I guess when the character and actor is famous, they have some kind of power over the rest of the cast and crew. They know they won't be replaced or killed off because the show needs them to go on. Others on set know not to call these people out because they know the producers are likely to not side with them.

It's not like in most workplaces where everyone is essentially replaceable. At the end of the day the most popular stars and characters are the products being sold. It would be like Apple getting rid of the iPhone or Sony halting sales of the PS4.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite Lea Michele story was that she has this anecdote about how she totaled her car right before her audition to Glee and she walked into the audition with blood and glass in her hair and everyone was like, oh my god, are you okay, are you sure you want to audition?!?!?!? and she said, no, I need to audition, and she channeled her character in the audition and persevered and then got the part.

And none of it was true. Her audition was completely normal, and everyone at Fox and 20th knew it and consistently complained about her telling that anecdote again.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite Lea Michele story was that she has this anecdote about how she totaled her car right before her audition to Glee and she walked into the audition with blood and glass in her hair and everyone was like, oh my god, are you okay, are you sure you want to audition?!?!?!? and she said, no, I need to audition, and she channeled her character in the audition and persevered and then got the part.

And none of it was true. Her audition was completely normal, and everyone at Fox and 20th knew it and consistently complained about her telling that anecdote again.

What the fuck? As someone who enjoyed Glee for the first 3 seasons I can't believe all of this is news to me.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Wtf😮

That's what Hester from Scream Queens might do.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
LOL Heather Morris also revealed she was terrible to work with. I do think her commenting and admitting she is bad only to also say she isn't racist is dumb. The fact is multiple black cast members felt like shit from her behaviour and were the ones to speak out against her. She is even admitting that she doesn't actually know if Lea is racist or not. I get that it's more likely Lea is just terrible to everyone but this really isn't the thing to speak out for.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

That's literally a scene in the movie Whiplash.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
While I don't remember ever making this specific statement and I have never judged others by their background or color of their skin, that's not really the point. What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people. Whether it was my privileged position and perspective that caused me to be perceived as insensitive or inappropriate at times or whether it was just my immaturity and me just being unnecessarily difficult, I apologize for my behavior and for any pain which I have caused.

What a non-apology that clearly tries to put the blame on her victims.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
LOL Heather Morris also revealed she was terrible to work with. I do think her commenting and admitting she is bad only to also say she isn't racist is dumb. The fact is multiple black cast members felt like shit from her behaviour and were the ones to speak out against her. She is even admitting that she doesn't actually know if Lea is racist or not. I get that it's more likely Lea is just terrible to everyone but this really isn't the thing to speak out for.

Not saying it about Heather Morris, but you get people in her shoes who are completely adverse to using the dreaded "R-Word" because then it opens their own actions to be interpreted in such a way as well.

Aww geez, that's rough.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I guess when the character and actor is famous, they have some kind of power over the rest of the cast and crew. They know they won't be replaced or killed off because the show needs them to go on. Others on set know not to call these people out because they know the producers are likely to not side with them.

It's not like in most workplaces where everyone is essentially replaceable. At the end of the day the most popular stars and characters are the products being sold. It would be like Apple getting rid of the iPhone or Sony halting sales of the PS4.
I guess the bright side is that in the end some of them get less work due to being difficult to work with

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

Not saying it about Heather Morris, but you get people in her shoes who are completely adverse to using the dreaded "R-Word" because then it opens their own actions to be interpreted in such a way as well.

Morris is an #AllLivesMatter.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Morris is an #AllLivesMatter.
She posted that 3 or 4 years ago, it was a picture of of a black cop and a white cop both having written "His life matters" on their palms and pointing at each other, she hashtagged both #blacklivesmatter and #alllivesmatter iirc.

I obviously can't read her mind but this feels more uninformed and tonedeaf than malicious. It's not looking great but unless there are more recent examples I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt here, she's hardly the only privileged white person who had to learn why all lives matter is problematic in this context even if it feels like an innocent statement on its own.