• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think the boss cheats with the punch. Since he can remove himself from existence during the cut he should be able to reapply himself anywhere at the end of the cut as well. I just think he is reinserting himself where his arm is already through whoever he wants. If speed is velocity meaning distance over time, then his finite distance over zero time is either infinite or nonsensical. Either works.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry all, I tried to read the OP but this seems impenetrable. If I want to watch this, where do I start? Is there a guide?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry all, I tried to read the OP but this seems impenetrable. If I want to watch this, where do I start? Is there a guide?
  1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
  2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  3. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
  4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If you're new to Jojo's, the best place to start is the beginning, that is the 2012 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series which covers Parts 1 and 2.

From there, next is Part 3: Stardust Crusaders which has two full seasons of it's own, then Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable, and then Part 5: Golden Wind, which is what this thread is for.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017

I think we may want to think about putting some sort of note for people who want to get into Jojo in the OP. I can totally see why all of this could be really confusing for someone looking in from the outside.

Oct 25, 2017
Boss uses epitaph and forecasts all of his opponents actions 10 seconds into the future. Then activates king crimson to erase these forecasted 10 seconds which means any action his opponent was supposed to take in that time is erased from existence. Everyone just suddenly teleports to the position they were supposed to be in 10 seconds into the future. Someone who was about to climb a stair suddenly teleports to the top of the stairs. The bullets that were supposed to pierce the boss and then hit risotto suddenly teleport inside risotto without ever going through the boss.

this is the best - and simplest - explanation of King Crimson that i've seen

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I think the boss cheats with the punch. Since he can remove himself from existence during the cut he should be able to reapply himself anywhere at the end of the cut as well. I just think he is reinserting himself where his arm is already through whoever he wants. If speed is velocity meaning distance over time, then his finite distance over zero time is either infinite or nonsensical. Either works.
Eh, we are very clearly shown him forcing his fist through bruno in real, undeleted time. Even gold experience, which is supposed to not be a particularly strong power type stand, can uppercut cars several meters into the air.

I think he's just really strong, stronger than most if not all of the buccarati gang. I would not be surprised if star plat and the world were both stronger than him.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Look up the wikipedia page for jojo and watch or read each part in listed order of release. It changes wildly between each part, and that's the fun of it: don't expect things to look anything like what you may have seen in this thread right away.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
  2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  3. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
  4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
If you're new to Jojo's, the best place to start is the beginning, that is the 2012 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series which covers Parts 1 and 2.

From there, next is Part 3: Stardust Crusaders which has two full seasons of it's own, then Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable, and then Part 5: Golden Wind, which is what this thread is for.
Everyone will say basically from the beginning and I agree (as part 2 is still generally my favorite). Do keep in mind that things change... dramatically in Part 3 Stardust Crusaders going forward.
I think we may want to think about putting some sort of note for people who want to get into Jojo in the OP. I can totally see why all of this could be really confusing for someone looking in from the outside.
Look up the wikipedia page for jojo and watch or read each part in listed order of release. It changes wildly between each part, and that's the fun of it: don't expect things to look anything like what you may have seen in this thread right away.
wow thanks everyone. it's not nearly as bad as i thought! will start diving in soon!

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
The sound of words
The meaning of words
The weight behind words
when he was introduced it seemed like maybe he was going to be a stronger version that used wordplay in order to inflict various effects... but then it was just the gravity thing. which is cool! but also kind of feels like araki being bored with the sound effects gag

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
There was a whole conversation about Stands that manifest new powers when convenient, and somehow big D himself was overlooked entirely.

I challenge someone in this thread to explain what they think the one power of ol' Crazylegs is, that lets it donut people without them noticing, transmute serial killers into immortal half mineral abominations, go full Dali on a cabinet, revert spaghetti back into its raw components, use an invisible baby to re-enact that scene from the Lion King whilst standing in a lake, fire homing projectiles, and entirely put back together a small child who got all blowed up, I repeat, JESUS CHRIST THEY BLEW THAT TINY BABY BOY ENTIRELY INTO MICROSCOPIC SMITHEREENS.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
D7hhYaGXoAECBvb.jpg:large

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
There was a whole conversation about Stands that manifest new powers when convenient, and somehow big D himself was overlooked entirely.

I challenge someone in this thread to explain what they think the one power of ol' Crazylegs is, that lets it donut people without them noticing, transmute serial killers into immortal half mineral abominations, go full Dali on a cabinet, revert spaghetti back into its raw components, use an invisible baby to re-enact that scene from the Lion King whilst standing in a lake, fire homing projectiles, and entirely put back together a small child who got all blowed up, I repeat, JESUS CHRIST THEY BLEW THAT TINY BABY BOY ENTIRELY INTO MICROSCOPIC SMITHEREENS.
But like........ those are all the same powers, just used in different ways

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
wow thanks everyone. it's not nearly as bad as i thought! will start diving in soon!
Alternatively, there are some great recaps out on YouTube if you want to get to get to the latest season fast to participate here in a reasonable time frame. If you do do that, you should still go back and watch the previous seasons eventually, they are all worth it.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
And yet you've failed to mention what that power actually is, I notice.

It's almost like you don't know.
Reverting things to a previous state

it's not that hard

He then mixes things up by reverting two things at the same time and merging them or other stuff but it's still the same powers

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Reverting things to a previous state

it's not that hard

He then mixes things up by reverting two things at the same time and merging them or other stuff but it's still the same powers

Okay, so how is Jotaro's weird hat in a "previous state" after Josuke's through with it? Is that how they make those hats? Is it a weird Stand-created hat gradually molded like play-doh until it looks like a less weird hat? Is that how it works?

Was that rude young man whose face Josuke rearranged previously super ugly and from a wealthy family so they got it fixed with cosmetic surgery? Is that how that's a previous state of his face?

What about Josuke's weird Salvador Dali furniture art?

What about the homing glass heart thing? Why is a dried bloodstain going towards another dried bloodstain when they weren't previously part of the same dried bloodstain?

How has Angelo become an immortal man trapped in stone after being "reverted to a previous state"? Are you suggesting Angelo was previously a Pillar Man? How did he become an ordinary human? Are you suggesting Angelo had an unseen origin story where he was a Pillar Man who played poker with a witch and she caught him cheating? Are you suggesting that's a thing Araki came up with and then thought it was too weird to include in the story???

I don't understand why y'all are acting like Giorno ever does anything that's weird or like it breaks the rules of Stands only having one power somehow. He gives things life! That's definitely a very short sentence and it definitely describes all the things he does, so that means it all makes perfect sense! Honest!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Okay, so how is Jotaro's weird hat in a "previous state" after Josuke's through with it? Is that how they make those hats? Is it a weird Stand-created hat gradually molded like play-doh until it looks like a less weird hat? Is that how it works?

Was that rude young man whose face Josuke rearranged previously super ugly and from a wealthy family so they got it fixed with cosmetic surgery? Is that how that's a previous state of his face?
That's just Araki doing weird shit right before introducing a Stand's power. He does this with like 50% of the stands. Look no further than the soda cans disappearing during Secco's fight.

What about the homing glass heart thing? Why is a dried bloodstain going towards another dried bloodstain when they weren't previously part of the same dried bloodstain?
They were both part of the same body. Come on, at this point it looks like you're just trying to find errors where there are none.

How has Angelo become an immortal man trapped in stone after being "reverted to a previous state"? Are you suggesting Angelo was previously a Pillar Man? How did he become an ordinary human? Are you suggesting Angelo had an unseen origin story where he was a Pillar Man who played poker with a witch and she caught him cheating? Are you suggesting that's a thing Araki came up with and then thought it was too weird to include in the story???
As I said, he beat up Angelo and the rock, and "healed" them both together. Things get fucked up and the result is that.

What about Josuke's weird Salvador Dali furniture art?
I genuinely can't remember this

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
But like........ those are all the same powers, just used in different ways
Gold Experience has mostly just one power, its just that that power has a lot of rules attached to it, and those rules do follow a comprehensible logic.

Crazy Diamond has one power that works exactly how it needs to for something cool to happen in any given situation, and rarely works the exact same way twice.

Gold Experience seems like a grounded interpretation of what would happen if you had a superhero who was constantly experimenting with an interesting ability, and trying to make a science out of it. The way things turn out in real life experimentation often seem like bullshit.

Crazy Diamond seems like typical superhero power writing! And that's cool too!

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, it is very important to remember how much this series delights in absurdity and intentionally misleading the viewer or thrusting new information on them at unexpected times. It's def not going to be a consistent and workable blueprint for what things would be like "if this were real", and, like most fiction, is not intended to be.

Artistic constructions are by their nature inherently not reality, but that's also why they can be such a great outlet for creativity and drama! Don't worry about if a story or character is up to the standards of some tv tropes type deconstruction of a perfectly fine archetype!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Gold Experience has mostly just one power, its just that that power has a lot of rules attached to it, and those rules do follow a comprehensible logic.

Crazy Diamond has one power that works exactly how it needs to for something cool to happen in any given situation, and rarely works the exact same way twice.

Gold Experience seems like a grounded interpretation of what would happen if you had a superhero who was constantly experimenting with an interesting ability, and trying to make a science out of it. The way things turn out in real life experimentation often seem like bullshit.

Crazy Diamond seems like typical superhero power writing! And that's cool too!
Yeah, I think both are really fun and creative!

Though GE has some pretty nebulous rules sometimes. A dismembered hand is lifeless and can turn into a piranha, but then he can give life to a brooch and turn it into another hand? I can understand why people can be confused

But as I said, this happens at one point or another with pretty much every stand so whatever

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about starting the manga for part 6 since I know it won't get an anime for ages and from what my friend told me its unrelated to part 5

Is it safe to read part 6 or will it spoil major plot points from part 5 if I do?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about starting the manga for part 6 since I know it won't get an anime for ages and from what my friend told me its unrelated to part 5

Is it safe to read part 6 or will it spoil major plot points from part 5 if I do?
Yea your safe , i recently begun reading part 6 an the only thing of part 5 it mentions is the begining having a family tree with all the joestars up to that point with giorno inlcuded. Doesnt even include if someone died or lived.

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll talking about how you don't understand how King Crimson erases time, and the ludacrous things Giorno can do will GE...

I still can't understand how the hell Soft Machine wraps a boat around another boat and hides their bodies in the folded boat.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I vote to transition the "It just works." meme from King Crimson to Gold Experience.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though, why did King Crimson get that meme when Gold Experience is way more confusing lol

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So i assume you are a fan of Part 5 ;)

I think I've had a blast with every single episode so far - which hasn't been the case with previous parts. Dunno what it is, but the presentation, the music, the characters, the stands and their abilities - everything is just clicking for me

I also love the plot and the protagonists trying to find out who the boss is (and him of course trying to conceal his identity with every measure possible)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
After not really liking this season (I mostly blame it on watching it live, instead of after the season has ended, like every other Jojo Part I've watched), the last 4-5 episode have completely turned me back to loving Jojo, can't wait for the next episode.