• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah... I do think he'd be pissed even if it was just an acquaintance though, dude just wanted to make a friendly prank, and only because giorno didn't help carrying his stuff, no one should die like that lol
Janitor-san was probably nice to him, he seemed like he got along well with folks at school but dropped it all to do mafia stuff lol

it's a good and bad thing, it makes for tighter stories, at least... I wished he spread fanservice to more than Jotaro appearing around... i mean, did we need him in part 4 and 5 really? idk
i'd totally buy a blu ray if it had just passione gang fooling around and doing crazy gangster shit or some silly filler stuff, and i usually hate silly filler, it's just how much i love that crew
Imglafd he appeared in 4. It improved my opinion of jotaro. Mentor Jotaro>>> Teen Jotaro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I want to start jojo.

Are the anime(s?) good ? Where to start/ what to look for?
Step one: Start at Part 1, get used to the designs.
Step two: Marathon Part 3
Step three: Marathon Part 4 get used introduced to one of the best villains after he's revealed in about 20 eps (Part 4 is slice of life)
Step 4: Watch Part 5. Is this shit insane? It's fucking insane.
Step 5: Wrrry'd the manga.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna throw it out there that if you ever get tired, take like a week break. I love JoJo but a thing that I hear a lot with people I tried to get to watch it is that they burned out from the sheer quantity of episodes.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I want to start jojo.

Are the anime(s?) good ? Where to start/ what to look for?
Anime is fantastic but part 1 is weak compared to the rest of the series. You really can jump in at any part but you get more pay offs the eariler you start.

I'd say start at the start, get past 8 episodes and part 2 is alot of fun. Part 3 is iconic so if you start there that's fine but you'll love to hate the Villian more with part 1.

Also part 5 is my favorite thing ever so it's worth it

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Anime is fantastic but part 1 is weak compared to the rest of the series. You really can jump in at any part but you get more pay offs the eariler you start.

I'd say start at the start, get past 8 episodes and part 2 is alot of fun. Part 3 is iconic so if you start there that's fine but you'll love to hate the Villian more with part 1.

Also part 5 is my favorite thing ever so it's worth it

part one it is. Just to be clear :

this order ?

Muda muda muda ?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna throw it out there that if you ever get tired, take like a week break. I love JoJo but a thing that I hear a lot with people I tried to get to watch it is that they burned out from the sheer quantity of episodes.
I took a break after I finished reading Part 6, that was in 2017 and I'm still on my break. I'll get to Part 7 after Part 5 is done airing I think though.
Yes, I have no idea what that Re-edit is though.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Imglafd he appeared in 4. It improved my opinion of jotaro. Mentor Jotaro>>> Teen Jotaro
Me too, but
part 6 is all about him and it sucks cause Jolyne stands up on her own just fine
Step one: Start at Part 1, get used to the designs.
Step two: Marathon Part 3
Step three: Marathon Part 4 get used introduced to one of the best villains after he's revealed in about 20 eps (Part 4 is slice of life)
Step 4: Watch Part 5. Is this shit insane? It's fucking insane.
Step 5: Wrrry'd the manga.
Did you skip part 2?
WRYYYYYY

Also you gotta get to jojolion >_> damn

Oct 25, 2017
Me too, but
part 6 is all about him and it sucks cause Jolyne stands up on her own just fine

Did you skip part 2?
WRYYYYYY

Also you gotta get to jojolion >_> damn
Part 2 is part of step 1 since I lumped it in with the other non stand part. I know I need to get to Jojolion, I was just mentally exhausted from Part 6 and I did not like how Part 7 was starting, the first couple of chapters are just boring.

Frozen Viper

Feb 7, 2019
Part 1 and 2 are combined within a single anime season. Don't watch the Re-Edit, it cuts out some good/important info and generally the stuff that makes part 2 watchable.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I like Part 2, just don't like how most of it's charm hinges on one character.

It has my favorite designed main villain stand though.
Yeah lisa lisacarried that part :T
it has my favorite villain that fandom ruined by painting him as a martyr that did nothing wrong, valentine is just despicable and he's got the best villain stand since king crimson

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Ya'll better calm down, this isn't the JoJo community OT.

Also, Giorno is a Gary Stu and has the worse stand of any protagonist in the series.

Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll better calm down, this isn't the JoJo community OT.

Also, Giorno is a Gary Stu and has the worse stand of any protagonist in the series.[/QUOTE]
giphy.gif
That's pretty much not paying attention to Giorno and his character arc. Also Giorno has the funniest abstract ability. You can't make that ability broken unless you know how best to use it.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, even after watching the anime I still don't like GioGio too much. Not too much a fan of the stoic protagonist like him and Jotaro. And I still find his stand meh looking.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
My biggest problem with part 3 is the fact that they kept avdol a secret from polnareff for so long, and then brushed it off like it was nothing when it came up. It's a ridiculously cold thing to do, to the point where i find it difficult to reconcile with their characters, who are supposed to be basically decent people.

And yeah, they definitely dont do as good a job at spreading out the fights around the group, or having fights where they work together.

EDIT: I don't really see Giorno as stoic. He smiles and enjoys being around people! Hes just also very analytical when he needs to be. But again, him and Jotaro are my favorite jojos so i guess there's probably some correlation

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, even after watching the anime I still don't like GioGio too much. Not too much a fan of the stoic protagonist like him and Jotaro. And I still find his stand meh looking.
He's not stoic though, just calm for the most part. He doesn't really break that unless he knows the situation is dire like with the White Album fight. Giorno's role is to keep it together so his crew doesn't lose it as well to find a way out of the problem. Also Giorno was very mad when the janitor got killed, like visibly pissed.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
My biggest problem with part 3 is the fact that they kept avdol a secret from polnareff for so long, and then brushed it off like it was nothing when it came up. It's a ridiculously cold thing to do, to the point where i find it difficult to reconcile with their characters, who are supposed to be basically decent people.

And yeah, they definitely dont do as good a job at spreading out the fights around the group, or having fights where they work together.

EDIT: I don't really see Giorno as stoic. He smiles and enjoys being around people! Hes just also very analytical when he needs to be. But again, him and Jotaro are my favorite jojos so i guess there's probably some correlation
They are supposed to be good people but all of them are dumbasses, kakyoin is supposedly the smart one and he fed a baby his own shit. what the fuck.
Even if Polnaleff had it coming for being selfish af, a whole week prank about death when they're constantly in life or death situations is too much. And it's telling how much they care about Jotaro when he spent a whole episode MIA with a doppelganger infiltrated in the crew and no one noticed lol

About Giorno and Jotaro...
Giorno isn't all stoic, he's more focused in not losing it so we don't see him panicking much, it's what the team needs most of the time since they're all so explosive o_x, they wouldn't get as far as they got without that, considering how Bruno blew up in Venezia =/. If people see bruno as the team's mom giving care and encouragement to all I see Giorno like the team's boss/dad that keeps the guys focused on the mission and helps them not losing hope or focus... He's the support player inside a dps party, and that's so different from the other jojos i can't help but like it...
I don't like Jotaro much though... he has no reason to be so cold around everyone of call his mother a bitch, he gets a little better when you see that behavior as a defense mechanism but it's still pretty bad, I like seeing how he grew up though, and grown up Jotaro is a bit more like Giorno I guess, giving advice and caring for people and all...But he lost his silly fun side in the process

Ge's design is pretty smart imo:
Unlike Star platinum that looked like Jonathan or Crazy Diamond that looked like...the world(?)lol his stand is like a little callback to his small kid self, It also has some nods to DIO design, but yeah, it doesn't look strong, it's wimpy af so I see why some people won't like it xD

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
They are supposed to be good people but all of them are dumbasses, kakyoin is supposedly the smart one and he fed a baby his own shit. what the fuck.
Even if Polnaleff had it coming for being selfish af, a whole week prank about death when they're constantly in life or death situations is too much. And it's telling how much they care about Jotaro when he spent a whole episode MIA with a doppelganger infiltrated in the crew and no one noticed lol

Giorno isn't all stoic, he's more focused in not losing it so we don't see him panicking much, it's what the team needs most of the time since they're all so explosive o_x, they wouldn't get as far as they got without that, considering how Bruno blew up in Venezia =/. If people see bruno as the team's mom giving care and encouragement to all I see Giorno like the team's boss/dad that keeps the guys focused on the mission and helps them not losing hope or focus... He's the support player inside a dps party, and that's so different from the other jojos i can't help but like it...
I don't like Jotaro much though... he has no reason to be so cold around everyone of call his mother a bitch, he gets a little better when you see that behavior as a defense mechanism but it's still pretty bad, I like seeing how he grew up though, and grown up Jotaro is a bit more like Giorno I guess, giving advice and caring for people and all...But he lost his silly fun side in the process

Unlike Star platinum that looked like Jonathan or Crazy Diamond that looked like...the world(?)lol his stand is like a little callback to his small kid self, It also has some nods to DIO design, but yeah, it doesn't look strong, it's wimpy af so I see why some people won't like it xD
GE isn't stronk, but it's very versatile...so is CD, but you don't know what to expect out of GE and that's why I like it. Now I'm just picturing Giorno cloning a Pet Shop. It's bullshit, but it's established to be possible.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
GE isn't stronk, but it's very versatile...so is CD, but you don't know what to expect out of GE and that's why I like it. Now I'm just picturing Giorno cloning a Pet Shop. It's bullshit, but it's established to be possible.
...this is adorable D:
If he liked drugs he could make a hell of profit for passione growing plants o_ o

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Jotaro's characterization in the first few episodes of Part 3 doesn't fit particularly well with the rest of the series. Right at the start, he randomly insults everyone for no real reason, but that's very quickly replaced by him just being antisocial and blunt.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So, I've decided to skip episode 27 (?) so that I could watch it together with the new one from last week, and good lord: I've loved Part 5 until now already, but this might slowly become my favorite JoJo season so far.

Two excellent episodes back to back that nailed everything for me. The highlight of course: Doppio. From the origin story to his strange behaviour during the combat and outside of it, this might be a better villain to me than Kira. Watching him trying to survive against Nero was fucking wild to watch and had me on the edge of my seat like only penultimate episodes of Game Of Thrones do. I have so many questions that will hopefully be resolved in future episodes, but man: the idea of the boss being one of the personalities of a character who appears to be harmless most of the time is fucking genius. I expected the boss to have some kind of option to stay out of the public, but I didn't expect this.

What a goddamn ride this is

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

Gold Experience really is a fantastic design. Probably the best of the main Jojo stands so far. Crazy D is too bulky and Star Plat is cool, but barebones.

Oct 27, 2017
Jotaro's characterization in the first few episodes of Part 3 doesn't fit particularly well with the rest of the series. Right at the start, he randomly insults everyone for no real reason, but that's very quickly replaced by him just being antisocial and blunt.
Ngl ,him calling his mother a b*tch really soured me on him for a while. Luckily i found the rest of the cast entertaining. I grew to like him later in the part

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember Part 5 being hated among many Western fans that only ever read the terrible fantranslation so I am extremely pleased by general opinion turning. Blessed DavidPro showing everyone the light.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Jotaro's whole rudeness thing is good to me because its the total opposite of both previous characters, and often genuinely unsympathetic. Especially with his mom. I don't think its supposed to be just written off, i think at the beginning of the story he really is kind of a selfish jerk. His journey over stardust crusaders is about learning to channel his energy and anger towards the pursuit of justice, rather than lashing out at those around him. Its true that he is definitely covering up how sentimental he is on the inside, but I don't think the message is "that's ok then".

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I just realized: fugo basically has a dr jekyl and mr hyde personality. Maybe part of why he gets put on a bus is to avoid diluting the Boss' whole deal?